Royal Retreat
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for three nights and would surely like to be back another time. Rooms were comfortable and food was good too. they have a nice garden and kids loved to be there. The hotel is only around two kilometers from town but reaching the hotel was difficult due to damaged highway roads.Sightseeing in munnar is difficult and had to be in vehicle for hours.
spending time in the garden was our favourite. Service was good though slow. it would have been better if some more entertainment facilities were there to spend time with. There is a beautiful river behind the hotel and a park in walkable distance . On the whole we loved our trip to Munnar

Room Tip: 'Rooms with garden view '
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank neeraj2444
RoyalRetreatMunnar, Manager at Royal Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

dear guest
thank you very much for your kind interested to review our property with extreme appreciations. we will keep our services in a high standard for all our customers

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Since Royal Retreat is walking distance from Zina Cottage, where I stayed during my visit in Munnar, my friends and I decided to go for an early dinner to Royal Retreat.

We were the only patrons when we walked into Royal Retreat's restaurant for dinner at 6 PM. Regardless of being the only ones there, our food took quite a while to arrive.

The beef fry and chicken curry were tasty and worth the wait. However they didn't have any fish, which was disappointing and I sent back the vegetarian dish I had ordered because it looked nothing like it should have.

Our server was courteous; the food - good beef, chicken was a little tough and veg dish was horrendous, so overall I'd say OK; prices are cheap-moderate and the place has a pleasing ambiance. All in all, of the restaurant options available close to Munnar's city center, this is one of the better ones.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank hazel_c719
RoyalRetreatMunnar, Manager at Royal Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

dear guest,
thank you very much for your interest shown towards our property review in TripAdvisor. We are very much keen about the comments from esteemed guest like you. also we have noted down the suggestions on restaurant and food.
thank you once again.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I cannot tell you in enough words how disappointed I was upon arriving at this hotel with great expectations after having seen their web site.... True, a picture is worth ten thousand words, and equally true, it can lie royally!!!

Staff: very courteous. Will say yes to everything. "Yes Sir. In two minutes Sir." Go back to the front desk again after half hour to find what happened to your request.. "Sending it to your room in two minutes sir!" This was for towels. After third request I decided to stay at the front desk until I got a towel. Yes, I got one. A wet one! Reason? "Sir it rained whole day yesterday, there was no sun to dry it!"

Noise: Unbelievable. From neighboring rooms, kids playing cricket right outside your door and any number of requests or complaints to the front desk will bring no relief. As if their training is not to say no to anything. ( at the same time you don't have to execute!)

Need to mention other things. Just try some other place and don't be taken away with the pictures on the web...

Room Tip: You might be better off without a room at this place!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank egleview
RoyalRetreatMunnar, Manager at Royal Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

dear guest,
first of all sorry for what was happened, We enquired the matter with our housekeeping department and they agreed that the this is only an accident happened on that day. Anyway we feel very much sorry for the trouble you come across due to the wet towel matter.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

this is located in munnar town itself. Its a good hotel. they have a good garden. The staff of the hotel is very helpful especially the manager. Food is ok. I had stayed in a suite room, which is really superb. Its just next to KSRTC stand....

Room Tip: suite rooms are good.....
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ajayjames

dear guest,
thank you very much for putting your valuable time to review the hotel. we will always keep our standards according to the guest preferences

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here with my family for 2 nights. This is a few hundred meters from the center of the town and we did not mind it as as we were travelling in our vehicle. The staff were very courteous and helpful and the rooms were also spacious and decent. There was some park/play area in the front with nice flowers and some hammocks. The kids enjoyed playing there. This was located right next to the hydel park which my kids loved visiting in the evenings.

The food in the restaurant was very good and was decently priced and the restaurant staff were courteous and helpful. Overall, Very good value for money and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Take the rooms facing the park area. I enjoyed taking my morning tea and walking there.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
RoyalRetreatMunnar, General Manager at Royal Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear guest, thanks for your feedback about comfortable stay at our hotel. We encourage all types of review which makes us more responsible. thank you once again.