“wonderful experience! will stay here everytime I visit Munnar. highly recommended.”
Review of High Range Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Munnar
High Range Club
Ranked #50 of 97 Hotels in Munnar
Mumbai
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I am a city dweller, so when my husband and I first entered the property we were taken to our room which was the cottage off the main building of the club, separated by an internal road. The room was a typical old colonial styled room with a small sit in area, comfortable bed, a nice large dressing table and a nice large bathroom. I was initially worried that since it looked and felt old, would it be comfortable. But it was very comfortable with hot water being available through the day and the night as well. You need to let the club know if you are going to have lunch/ dinner atleast 1.5 – 2 hours in advance. The food is well cooked and tasty… but with limited menu.

To get back to my first impression of the club was that it had a very Brit feel. The main club building is also very warm and spacious, very unlike the modern clubs that we see in the cities. It is very easy to get into flashback of about 100 years back and can imagine the British coming here, with a cigar and a glass of whisky in hand. You can also see the older version of Squash court, a library, pool table and a smoking room – with entry only for men.

The best part of the club is the huge golf course…. For someone who stays in Mumbai, so much of open space feels like another planet altogether. Another advantage of the club is the location, it is much closer to the main town area, unlike the other 4-5 star properties. You can take a short 5-7 min walk to the main road and you will get the local rickshaws on hire.

In terms of service, one should not expect a ‘hotel’ experience as this is afterall a planters club. So do not feel let down if the actual members get more attention compared to you. But overall a wonderful experience and I am sure I will always prefer to stay here rather than any other hotel property everytime I visit Munnar.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building are also nice. Ask for rooms wit a view to the golf course, if availa...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shailaja B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chennai
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I guarantee you...if there is any one here who knows high range club well, its me for sure!!!

Even if it would be a 7 star hotel to come up in Munnar & even if I would had been given a complimentary stay I would still be staying in high range club only...YESSS

Many of you would be a family- you may have small children, so do make you children aware as how was a once upon a time heritage lovely bungalow all about!

you may be a honeymooner trying to make out your first tour to know each other or you may be a middle-aged couple or just anything what you are...take my word on this- should you have a little taste inside you! or just little!!!!

pls do go to High range club!

Blessed are those english officers who made this place as a recreation for them pre-independence, what an amazing place- 5 star fusses off course are better advised to stay at bay- those really taste budders who have a choice may not miss this heaven!!!

No hotel in Munnar would have such a big land- it has a golf ground with full of lawn far spread in acres as much as your eyes can see them, the architecture here is all wood & load bearing construction & I think the images show quite a lot for you to feel as what a old heaven it is!!!

It takes me almost to a feel if I am a planation owner myself in Munnar (though I am in Maharashtra) one day I would like to bring MY BSA M20 (my faithful 1938's 500cc beast here in this club- photograph on it in the rich portico of High range club sit on it & sip a coffee...)

Hardly anywhere in India such a place is existing, its existing & it will for its heritage, it will remain warm only for those who will value it!!!

For those peculiar guests who have seen in life only but hotels & expect only that... I advice now itself please keep out of this place- this is certainly not your cup of coffee!!!

IF high-fi service is not all that you want, if you are expecting good warmth & serene tranquility, crystal clean hygiene & want to treat yourself with Notalgia with experience of the BRITISH RAJ with Munnars real serenity...than i pledge

This place is to be worshipped ahhh i love it!!! High Range club you will be my all time favorite in Kerala- if I have overrated pls forgive me but I have fund no other place than this to write a review as this for it deserves a poetry of praise.

Room Tip: do u play golf? if not go & learn it here or take a lesson!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BSAM20
New Delhi, India
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great place to stay at munnar.. Bit off town but just love the calmness and serenity of the place. Big lush lawns around and the building of raj era makes it unique. Staff is very hospitAble and service is great. Food was excellent and good options for vegetarians as well. Rooms are spacious and they have upgraded bathrooms modern and chic. Nice sit outs in the property so don't miss out on that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
India
Reviewed December 8, 2012

we went to honeymoon to munnar which was our last destination after kulamav in idukki and tekadi..
Munnar is definitely a place to visit. We went in the month of November 2008. We got to know about this place from mouth shut and assumed it to be a nice place to go. We reached there in the afternoon from tekadi. We had booked the best suit available there , the room was clean, in a old British style. It’s a 100 year old building, with a nice view outside the room not through it. The place is quite inside, so to go there in a vehicle you will have to take a big round the city. Getting auto to the place is difficult, after dark its terrible, with no lights around to walk on the lonely road is scary. There was a fridge in the room which was not working, they had no room service. There was a phone which was not connected, so every time to make a enquiry we had to walk all the way to the reception about 300 meters. We reached there on a Sunday, so it was quite crowded with the members and the remaining days there were hardly any people. We had food there only most of the time because of the in convince to travel. On Sunday there were varieties, the food was home made kind, and you will have to eat whatever is served. You can’t order for the food you want. The remaining two days was the same stale sweets along with few other things. If you are picking non-veg it costs 160 a plate and veg is 150 a plate, for the stale food! For non veg along with a vegetarian meal you get one non-veg dish. It is a typical kerala style cooked food. The best room cost ed us 1600 a day without food.
And how can I forget the unequal treatment they give to the customers. The members are taken care with full service and attention and the others are hardly attended. Then when we were leaving they asked us to compulsory pay for the service which we hardly received. There was a fire place in the room, in spite of requesting we did not get the firewood and later morning when we were leaving we saw a place where they had kept the wood. They did not treat us anything special knowing that we were on our honeymoon and took no interest in providing us the facilities we asked for. This place was not at all romantic. This hotel is good for families if they take the normal suit without eating there and having your own transport. But they arranged an auto for us to travel around, he was a nice guy he showed us full of munnar, it’s really a wonderful place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bshweta
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is My First Experience to Visit there.i went there with my family & friends. The location is wonderful,calm & off road, which is verygood.Greenery is nice there,. Many Birds are there. i was wakeup by birds singing, that time. there is golf course,tennis courts,billiard room,table tennis & squash. i played squash & table tennis there. my daughter liked children play area most. i like club staff's attitude. food was excellent. i was in a cottage room(No.6).it was verygood.But we should follow some club's rule.But frankly i am telling you that i feel like britisher. this club has own history,& now i m a part of that, i can say. I will go again with my parents.

Room Tip: every rooms are too good.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
Reviewed October 18, 2012

An excellent pick to stay....beautiful location slightly off the main town which is good. Raj era charm in the property with beautiful and big lawns. Food was excellent and service was great. Staff is very hospitable and helpful in guiding around. Rooms are huge and bathrooms are modern chic. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmitabhChaturvedi
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The location is wonderful very silent with abundant greenry. The golf course should be a delight for the golfer. The club is very close to the town, one could walk towards MSA within 10 minutes.

We had stayed in this place during diwali the food is basic the rooms are cosy. The bar is not functional. The club served us one of the best tea's that we have ever had.

The club has its right of admission - one need to check for room availblity and abide by the club rules - SHOE is a must . To me this was okay

Room Tip: The room in the main building is good. But if someone cannot climb stairs, then they have to take...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family