I had booked hotel Vella vista in Munnar which was advertised as a resort with 3 star facilities and within 10 Kms of Munnar.
When I came to check in but seeing the state of facilities i didn't check in and stayed in another hotel.
Here are some facts:-
1.its 15 km from Munnar city centre actually in a totally secluded place far from human habitation.Well 15 kilometers is too much when you are in hills.The place is dark and you cant stay with family.
2. It's not even a resort, not an hotel but a glorified home stay. They advertise as a 3 star hotel but actually a patch of bungalows. The pictures are even photoshopped and you will be shocked when you actually see this hotel.
3. The rooms are improper and filthy . I had paid for an extra bed but only allotted a pillow.The assistants are very shabby and rooms are filled with mosquitos
4.lack of hygiene all around
There are many hotels within the same range and i a much much better state. This hotel is not even worth more than 500 rupees a night and they charge 2000 for which you can get much better rooms.
I am also surprised how can anybody rate this as a good hotel . I booked through Make My Trip so got cheated ,but this hotel hardly gets any walk in guests.
Even i feel the reviews of this hotel are fudged as after paying 2K for a room in this hotel nobody am sure can rate this as excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bella Vista Resort is beautifully set on a magnificent hillside in the very calm and virgin hamlet called Chithirapuram. The Bella Vista Resort is an ideal place to take refuge from the maddening crowd and pressures of everyday life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bella Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.