Hotel Park Prime
Average 3/5
  • Room Service
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstulip restaurantbuffet breakfastriver mandovidear mrenjoyed staying hererooms offerboat cruisehotel is locatedbusiness tripfood qualitypanjim cityexcellent locationtravel deskgomezhospitalityveggoa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Marigold is truly amazing, fits in the budget..amazing view..has everything good..but yes the hotel offers buffet breakfast but its not exactly a buffet LIMITED OPTION..the room service amazing, everything is good..good work Mr Gomes..keep it up the good work

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank docrockzzz
Reviewed January 28, 2013

If you are planning for a decent accommodation with good food (veg/non veg ) and centrally located, no questions about Marigold which has all the good points for family stay. I planned a four day trip with wife and kid and from the beginning it was a seamless experience in Elite Room (Mandovi river view). Though the exterior is humble, room is very chic and maintained well with LCD and small sofa with the view of Mandovi river. Food is really excellent compared to all other places we had in Goa. Only buffet breakfast has a slightly lesser range but its alright. They arrange for taxi, cruise trips so you really do not have to hunt outside. Central location helps you visit Panaji market easily whenever you want. For first-timers not so hung up on staying near beaches, this is an ideal choice !

Photos in the website are 100% authentic as far as the room is concerned (Elite)
But remember its a no frill stay means no jacuzzi, swimming pool, sauna...if you are looking at that...select some resort though i would say 3-4 days you would practically stay outside rather than inside your hotel/resort.

Room Tip: Elite one which i selected had the river view, not sure Executive room would have the same. Also if you have half-day at the beginning, you could negotiate, I unnecessarily booked one day in advance since had to arrive in Goa early morning
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AmitsaPune
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Wow either I had an unlucky day or Marigold hotel is just the worst hotel I have seen in my life. Starting from reception which is too slow n incompetent to the ants which enjoyed the sugar on my night stand ! Curtains n towels torn. Cups dirty n unwashed. Wifi not working. Door key not working. Terrifying house keeping and room service. Terrible breakfast buffet. Tv working in shifts !!!
The whole thing was a nightmare.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Kourosh1988
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Pros -

Room - Elite Room - Really Good!!!
Welcome experience - Good!
Staff - Good!!
Breakfast Buffet - A big relief and you wake up without fretting to have to go out empty stomach riding out!
Room Service - Limited vegetarian options but really good Indian food!
Love that the Television screen is good sized and does have most of the channels.
A/C - Works fine. No trouble at all.
Laundry Service - Good.

Cons -

1. I had made a last minute Reservation with the Manager over the phone verbally for 4 days and inspite of being crystal clear about my travel plan, there was a confusion as we get a call from Receptionist saying we need to change our room for the last day. When I spoke to the Manager, the Manager pressed on the fact that I was not sure about my travel firstly, which was not the case as I was in constant touch with from the time I was booking my flight tickets for return journey to booking my bus tickets to get to Panaji. However, since I put my foot down, I was not pushed to change my room and stayed in the same room. I did find the rooms reservation expensive.

Lesson learnt - Keep the reservations in Black and white only whether or not you get confirrmations from the hotel in writing and press on the fact that they need to confirm in writing as well.

2. We had to book for Elite room and the room was good with a good view of the Mandovi river. However, the very second day we had to call the Housekeeping 3 times over the period of all day, requesting them to clean the room and

3. Housekeeping - As much I loved the fact that the staff is polite and courteous, throughout our stay they did not clean the bathroom floor,which was is not acceptable in my books.

4. Breakfast buffet - So far being a budget traveler, I have always had to ride down to Nescafe for my morning dose of breakfast. The spread is good, I loved that they have cornflakes and "Real" brand of juices in their buffet but the Tea and Coffee was really not palatable.So, Nescafe again came to my rescue.

5. Business Hotel - Yes it is ... But No Business center??? I was on leisure trip and had no access to get my tickets printed or to do a webcheck in. I was a little disappointed.

Yes, I would stay again in future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BeAwesome
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights and I am totally satisfied by hospitality at all perspective. I totally enjoyed staying in Marigold. I personally feel that the hotel management is doing serious/sincere business. So you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The good thing is, all the rooms are in one side (Window facing North direction). So any room is good. No need to choose (other than the class).
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family