“Faux park plaza”

Hotel Park Plaza
Ranked #43 of 47 Hotels in Panjim
“Faux park plaza”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

You probably want to try out this hotel from the name and expecting a certain standard of excellence. Be warned and song make the same mistake we made, to our regret !
To be charitable ,the rooms are, after the renovation, passable and clean but the good points end there.
There is no coffee maker in the room and the breakfast is the absolute pits.
There is one type of cereal, you like it or lump it , mostly stale and uncrisp, I can go on and on.
Worst , the price you pay is not far away from the fidalgo or the mandovi , which are not further , distance wise either

What salvages it for them is their employees, eager to serve and making up in enthusiasm what they lack in training
Try it , after this at your peril

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Peter S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Undoubtedly the best place to stay in Goa. Be it the intimate hospitality, or the sheer professionalism of all the staff, most convenient location, real value for money, or the complete heartwarming feeling you will have during your stay, Hotel Park Plaza is the place to be if you are in Goa. Me and my wife just didn't have to bother about anything while we stayed there a week back, coz everything is taken care of. Clean and tidy rooms and impeccably clean washrooms with an immediate responsive room service will most definitely make a mark on anyone who travel often and are acquainted with Hotels around India. A must for anyone who travel to Goa anytime. Happy Staying !

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bansayak
Goa
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have used Park Plaza for a few conferences over the past year, and I have to say they are the best value for money in the stellar location in the heart of Panjim.

The owner takes personal interest in ensuring a good experience for the clients, and the professionalism and helpfulness of the executive staff, especially Fatima, is comparable to any 5 star hotel. I have not stayed at the rooms, but I would recommend Park Plaza anytime for business.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank vmiki5goa
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed March 22, 2012

When I was checking this place I could not see much of a review on this place. I then called from India and found out that they have been renovating this place since August 2011 till Nov 2011. With the web site pics, I took a chance and booked their package deal, 3 nights and 4 days for INR 12,000. The best decision I made. Everything in this room was brand new with good contemporary bath fittings and very good hot and cold running water. The shower was all American style with no standing water on the floor. The only thing the designer forgot was to install the toliet paper holder. Oh what a shame. I would like to see few more items added to this room, which includes a small refrigerator, coffee maker and a clock radio. I would not have any problem giving a 4 star plus rating if those items are added. The location is just in the middle of the capitol with lots of eating places within walking distance. The 2 day tour of North and South Goa is worth it and well organised. Also the boat ride. During the breakfast they need to start serving coffee quick instead of waiting for ever, it seems. If you ask for more, which I do in the morning, it looks like they have to start the process all over again and makes you wait. They do need to improve that system. Americans have no patience at times.

Room Tip: Most all the rooms we saw are in pretty good shape. They have spent some $$ to renovate all the room...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GVCGROUP
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I travelled with my mother across India, and we decided go to Goa because, as Brazil, the place also was a portuguese colony till 1960s. We booked the room throw hotel's site. When we arrived, at 5am, all the lights are off, and the people are sleeping behind the reception desk. After a while, one man woke up and handle us the room keys. A man dressed as a hotel's security guard pick our luggage and we followed him upstairs. A moment after we entered the room this same man knocked on the door carrying some extra chairs. At instant he left I noticed that my money belt has disappeared. I've put it just a sec over the bed. In despair, we went downstairs, everybody was sleeping again, and told the guy in reception about the robbery. At a first he looks amazed, but after we demanded for the manager and the police he called the same "guard", who listened our complains, went outside and came back with my money belt, told us he found it on the street. All the money was there. Ok... We pretend to believed in his history and leave the hotel this very same day. The place itself is ok, great view, but we felt very insecure there. A real shame.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank alferreira
United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I visited this hotel with my spouse during new years 2010.. we had our room booking for manvins hotel initially..however as the hotel was under renovation we were offered a room in park plaza , panjim. Goa being housefull during this time of the year we were glad to find any hotel at the last minute..park plaza is situated in the main panjim market..for ppl looking to fnd peace and quiet this would not be an ideal place..also the hotel has no reserved parking..so that was a major problem in our case..the rooms were just about ok..im sure with a little bit of renovation, this hotel would shine up nice and bright..the staff was polite but not very helpful..we never tried the restaurant food and mostly stuck to eating out..you could treat this as a place to only crash once you are exhausted with all the beaches and sight seeing in goa...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank atiyana2028
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 23, 2011

hi!!! i will just rate this hotel in the scale from 1-10. 1 being the least.

Location 8
cleanliness 4
room space 5
private balcony 7
lighting 6
transportation availability 9
nearness to food source 8

this is a budget hotel with not so comfortable mattress the exterior is deceiving but i liked the surrounding as this hotel is right across a public park. good for people who just wanna place to crash after a tiring day.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank g_mehra

Travelers are raving about these Panjim hotels