“A Very Enjoyable Evening At BSB”

The Black Sheep Bistro
Ranked #1 of 334 Restaurants in Panjim
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2014

It was a nice quiet evening with my business partner. Luckily for us we went early early 8pm as it rapidly got full in a short while. The tapas were excellent especially the chicken liver pate and toasted brun like pav. Nice ambience good music. Good food. The only blemish that earned this a 4 star rating was the chicken roulade chicken had dried out a little. Great presentation and taste though. The owner was very apologetic and insisted they do it again for me.... a great evening well spent. Drinks and dinner for 2 cost 2200 rupees

1  Thank ThirstyTraveller28
Prahlad_Sukhtankar, Owner at The Black Sheep Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear ThirstyTraveller28,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. Thank you also for your approval of our F&B product, the music and ambiance in general. I am glad you had an enjoyable dining experience except for the one chicken dish that you found a bit overdone. Rest assured, we have made a slight cooking change to this dish and we will now be steaming it in our new Combi-oven. This should help the chicken retain all of the delicious juices inside without over-cooking. We hope to see you again next time. Have a great week!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Exotic place , excellent food , kudos to Prahlad and Sabreen , I enjoyed the atmosphere and hospitality totally

Prahlad_Sukhtankar, Owner at The Black Sheep Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear Varshakuwelkarkamat,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. We are glad you had an enjoyable dining experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Have a great day!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I'm vegetarian making my options very limited but the guys at BSB made special Vegetarian food which tasted absolutely amazing! Definitely gonna keep going back. On the top of my recommended places to eat in Goa, India.

1  Thank iamnhm
Prahlad_Sukhtankar, Owner at The Black Sheep Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear imnhm,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you had a great dining experience with us and that your dietary preferences were taken care of by the team. Thanks again and we look forward to having you join us again soon. Have a great weekend!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Keep your expectations high when you visit this place. Specially if you are a non bay area resident and not tried lot of sea food and enthusiastic about exploring food options. Pleasant atmosphere. But what you will love most is the service. Stay friendly, keep pampering yourself, after all ain't this the reason you are in Goa?

1  Thank Nishant_Nag
Prahlad_Sukhtankar, Owner at The Black Sheep Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Nishant_Nag,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. Your kind words just made my day! I will certainly pass on the compliments to our team both, front and back of house who will be delighted to hear this. Thanks again and we look forward to having you back soon. Take care and have a great weekend.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Had heard a lot about of this place so decided to try it for dinner. My friends ordered for a Kronenbourg 1664 beers. I asked for a Sangiovese..it was not available. I then tried a Pinotage and found it a bit acetic- looked like it was open for a long time. I finally settled for a Cabernet Sauvignon.
Ordered for dinner and found seafood risotto over cooked, lamb osso bucco- could have been better as the sauce has not seeped inside- being a chef I have cooked it for years so can make out when a shoddy job is done. The worst was getting my roast chicken with no skin, no au jus and just boiled potatoes tossed in butter and served as roast potatoes. When boiled potatoes are cooked this way you can make out as the moisture from boiling potato seeps inside and the starch which otherwise forms a coating is lost in water. I tried simple dishes but saw that BSB is yet to arrive on the cuisine scene.
The server removed my wine glass presuming that we won't order a beverage and we know that presumptions is mother of all.....
Well, place has been tastefully done up, great ambience, smart menu but I am thinking that if they have not got basic dishes right, will I be more adventurous in trying the noveaux dishes...May be not.

2  Thank gauravshiva
Prahlad_Sukhtankar, Owner at The Black Sheep Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear gauravshiva,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed the ambience of the restaurant but I am equally disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy the food as much. We certainly strive hard to exceed our guest's expectations and are disappointed when unable to do so. I would like to discuss the details of your dining experience directly if possible so I can take corrective action and ensure you have a smoother experience on your next visit. Please let me know if there is a number you can be reached on. I can be reached on feedback@blacksheepbistro.in or 0832-2222901 from 5pm onwards.
Looking forward to hearing from you. Take care and have a great week ahead.