“My Family Restaurant :) :) :)”
Review of Hotel Fidalgo

Hotel Fidalgo
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Panjim
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is based on my own experiences fidalgo is prime with location + non in the city which i really recommend this for dinning i visit this rarely once a month i love their food specially prawns starters.. and there is restaurant manager called Marnel he is very good and he is host me such way i like it tooo, i did celebrate my cousin's b"day got good deal thank you, I am belongs to LTH Hotels....

Room Tip: My Family Restaurant :) :) :)
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank KanakP695

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business for three nights in August. Having been slightly apprehensive I was happily surprised. The staff were courteous and professional - and the room was modern, bright and clean. Considering it was a very small room with a single bed the space had been very intelligently designed to give the sense of being in a much bigger space. I can't think of anything that was missing - compact but good bathroom, huge closet, safe, minibar, desk, plasma, comfy chair.
The extras such as minibar and laundry were very well priced, a pleasant change from 5 star over pricing.
One thing, we weren't especially impressed by the food, it was very ok - but not better than that in our opinion. And the karaoke at the poolside was a bit unpleasant during dinner (!), but maybe other people liked it :-)
One note, i believe that i stayed in a renovated room (on the fourth floor), other rooms were apparently a older, best to check when you book.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank LJ_DEL
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Hotel Fidalgo is located in panjim city. The restaurants are amazing. We loved Chili and Spice. The morning breakfast caters to everyone's needs.There are other options of restaurants for lunch and dinner. It was the birthday of my mother in law. As soon as we entered the room there was a beautiful fruit cake kept for her. We had the pool side room. Rooms are clean and cleanliness is well taken care of. Friendly staff. Our next trip will definitely want to stay at Fidalgo.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are nice. Less noisy if you want a leisure stay
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sunitasmith
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The property is located center of the city but if you are comming to Goa for the beach experience then this might not be the best. The restaurants are very nice, they have just added a very nice spa to the property. ITs a value for money hotel with lot of shopping, restaurants , pubs located in the vicinity.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Prannay
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Really in the heart of city with lot of options on food front,even they have Gujrati thali.Since my wife is vegeterian we really enjoyed the food in different restaurants in hotel it self.We stayed for
4 nights but we really enjoyed the stay at hotel fidalgo.Nice clean well done up room with very good service and very conveniently located.What they promised they really delivered.I was told this is a business hotel for business executives but I saw so many tourist families.

Room Tip: If I again visit Goa I may again Land in hotel fidalgo.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Prem935
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We are generally booked in this hotel during our vists to our factory in Goa. Hotel is located at the heart of Panaji but very far away from the airport and the industrial estate. Rooms are clean but improvement in the lighting will be beneficial as the corridors and rooms seem very dark. Excellent breakfast and many options of restaraunts for lunch and dinner.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank travelsha74
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed at Fidalgo on a recent one night business trip to Goa and I must say that it was a great business hotel with comfortable rooms and friendly staff. The highlight of the hotel is the food and the different sort of restaurants that the hotel has, each having its own speciality (like Bombay Chaat, Thali, seafood , etc) The food was very good in terms of taste and the ambience was also good.

The only negative part in my staying experience was the checking out process. I was waiting for them in my room after asking the reception to prepare me for checkout, but was informed after about half an hour that the Mini bar would be checked only after I leave the rooom.It took a total of around 45 mins to check out while I was sitting in the lobby and they were checking the Minibar.

Except the small glitch at the end, a comfortable experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business