“Mixed Feeling...Will need strong recommendation to visit again”
Review of Deltin Suites

Deltin Suites
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Panjim
Reviewed December 15, 2013

To start with Check-In its a little sloppy and quite slow. The staff was not very happy that we came at least I felt so. There was no smile no warm greeting.

I was there with my family, and my inlaws as well as my brother in law. I specifically preferred this hotel as they have all room with a nice spacious sitting room , a sofabed and a partitioned bedroom. My Inlaws and BIL were sharing the room.

Had reach late evening so after a early dinner at a beach shack went of to sleep early, middle of night I hear hammering sound, was too exhausted so did not bother next day I come to know it was from my inlaws room because the convertible sofa bed broke and they were repairing it!! Now the moving space is limited as they had fixed it with a nail and you cannot close it. I asked my BIL to share room with us, I just tried the sofabed and the front portion just came in my hand ... that was a horror. Again the staff says temporary fix. After 2 visits to reception no one turns up and then when I go the 3rd time the guy says and these were is words "Cant do anything, please change the room" What the Heck.... no sorry nothing? in the new room which was in another block the same issue with sofa bed...
Ok excused may be a bad lot... but atleast feel sorry for your customers.

Food... the breakfast spread was quite limited and worst every time you have to wait for 15 mins for the item to replenish. Only one person coordinating. It was very frustrating to wait for the items to arrive. You ask for Puri it comes after 15 mins and by that time you are waiting for something else too.

Check out again extremely inefficient. While checking I had already paid my room rate... after 15 mins of struggle the lady at desk hands a invoice of 10K to my BIL as they were leaving a day early. He was about to pay as he did not know regarding the booking and room rates but good for me I was there to check. I see the invoice and on asking they say its the room rate!! I tell them that I have already paid and then after some calls the lady tells me oh we forgot to update it... WHAT!!! you generate a receipt of 31K and your system does not record it! Well after another 10 mins I just asked her to shift any additional charges to my room as they were figuring out what to do.

Last but not the least... very ugly stench near the pool, reception and just outside the restaurant.

An yes I cannot forget the pool caretaker. I believe he was the best person in the hotel. Very warm, always smiling and made people and children very comfortable.

Give the hotel 3 star for over all property and giving a benefit that this is their 1st year

Room Tip: Choose a pool facing room specifically if you are staying on lower floors as on other both sides the...
2  Thank IamOpium
Manish A, General Manager at Deltin Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Greetings from Deltin Suites, Goa, India!

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at our hotel. On behalf of the entire team at Deltin Suites, I would like to personally thank you for your feedback. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, we have taken a note on your concerns for necessary improvements, as certain services and facilities at our hotel did not meet your expectations, but we assure you that we aim to strive for providing excellent guest services.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The rooms are spacious and the great Service. The staffs are courteous.The food is good not that great. The Pool is well maintained. I stayed in the Executive Suite which is good & Comfy. It was a semi suite.

Room Tip: Choose a room which is Pool Facing
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AnupNair87
Manish A, General Manager at Deltin Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Greetings from Deltin Suites, Goa, India!

Thank you for taking your time to share your excellent experience at our hotel. On behalf of the entire team at Deltin Suites, I would like to personally thank you for your positive feedback. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and services as much as we did having you.

These words of encouragement will certainly help our team to excel further and ensure great experiences for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is a very good property but is going to a waste because of the poor services and food. This place is severely understaffed with just 2 people handling the entire restaurant and you keep asking them to service you multiple number of times. Food items kept on the buffet which gets exhausted goes unnoticed by the staff and they need to told to get it replenished which again takes a lot of time. Anyways the menu has limited variety and is very very average. The only saving grace for this place is the infrastructure of the place, otherwise the services are really very very sloppy. The heights was getting the welcome drink on the eve of our departure and that too after following up on a daily basis. Beat that.

1  Thank mrabhishek
Manish A, General Manager at Deltin Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

5 days ago

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Place is good. Comfortable. All rooms are suites. Rooms are comfortable and big. Probable semi suites. Staff is good and courteous. Hemant at reception was quite co-operative and friendly.

Some negative points that hotel should look upon;
1. Highly understaffed. Hotel was fully booked and there was inadequate staff to handle. We reached 9 am and had to wait 4 hours to get the room. Only 1 person Bhushan was pulling all the luggage to the room and getting luggage of check outs too. Male person on the reception too were working more than their normal shifts.

2. Restaurant food was okay but too less of variety. Variety was more focussed on foreign nationals specially russians even though it was highly occupied by Indian majority. When discussed with the chef we came to know the budget for kitchen was not that it should have and they were doing their best bit with the available budget. Food was good but the majority could not get what the wanted. Also due to understaffing there were problems in service. They were late though good. Food quality was good.

3. It seemed more focus was on Deltin Royale the casino, one time entry to casino was in the package and was great. Place was grand and nice. Food was wonderful and entertainment was also appreciable. It is worth a visit and if one wants to try their luck can try in the casino. All professional dealers and well managed casino. The dealers were also happy making new-comers learn how to play. It was great.

Seemed that all resources of staff and budgets had been diverted to Casino rather than the hotel.

Has a little of everything but not much space. Little of Kitchen (not operational), Little of gym, little of swimming pool. In the limited space it had, it had more than 100 rooms and rest area was allocated to all activities.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but choose a pool side view and not the hill view as it is not the hill view actu...

Reviewed November 19, 2013

i stayed here for 3nights from 16th nov with high expectations
check in was problematic had to stress for pool facing room till i used the name of general manager , then i was alloted the pool facing room
breakfast was pathetic ,they hardly know the term hospitality ,had to pull a waiter for a glass of water as there r hardly any waiters while i was having my breakfast
lastly while check out i had to receive some amount which was my deposit with the hotel they never had cash of inr4000 in their hotel and they bluffed that their accounts head was absent ,had to take a letter from them promising that they shall refund my deposit by a demand draft
Boss improve yourself this is not done

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Manish A, General Manager at Deltin Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Greetings from Deltin Suites, Goa, India!

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at our hotel. On behalf of the entire team at Deltin Suites, I would like to personally thank you for your feedback. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, we have taken a note on your concerns for necessary improvements, as certain services and facilities at our hotel did not meet your expectations, since your package was on executive suite, we had upgraded your room without any charges, we assure you that we aim to strive for providing excellent guest services.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I had booked into this property for the purpose of deltin royale casino and for having a good time in goa. The room given first did not have a good view and food was not upto the mark for the price paid in the package. But once this issue was raised to SABIR manager. He automatically changed the room with a good swimming pool view and also the F&B staff personally took care of the food issue. Yet I advise a better south indian tasty menu. In front office RIDHIMA took personal care for all my travel and otherneeds and saw to that I had a smooth checkout. Infact she checked on the airlines to know that whether my flight was on time before my check out.
If at all I come back to this property next time it is only for the kind nature and friendlyness of staff who made me feel very comfortable but not for the price charged. In fact I suggest the Hotel managment to give look into this. But this property is ideally suited for people who would like to visit the casino as they corordinate the pick and drop to the casino and if you are on the package than the entry fee is taken care by them

Dheepak.s

Room Tip: ask them a swimming pool view from the room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Manish A, General Manager at Deltin Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Situated near condolim. around 3 to 4 km from candolim on an internal road. So people staying here should have a vehicle. Stayed at this beautiful property during our trip to goa. Unlike other resorts, the rooms shown in the website is what you get !! rooms and bathrooms are very spacious and is worth the money spent. There is also a large swimming pool in the middle of the property ! Breakfast is just OK. Need to work on the Food a lot for the hotel. They were not able to manage when there is a big crowd at the time of breakfast. SPA is nothing to talk about . half of the services were not available when we enquired. At the time of checkout, the hotel staff was not able to give breakup of the food which we had ordered at room

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Manish A, General Manager at Deltin Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

gmds@deltin.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Panjim
The Crown Goa
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Goa - Arpora - Baga
Resort Rio
Resort Rio
#1 of 18 in Arpora

Been to Deltin Suites? Share your experiences!