We last stayed at the Goa Marriott seven years ago - we don't tend to make repeated trips to hotels; but returned here as we knew we'd be guaranteed a wonderful holiday. We weren't disappointed.
From the moment we arrived we were treated brilliantly. The staff are genuinely fantastic and probably amongst the friendliest we've ever met; everyone, from security to management was warm, welcoming and seemingly intent on ensuring that we were happy and had everything we needed.
The bay view (from the lounge/ lobby area) was stunning - and the perfect place to watch the sun set over a glass of something chilled.
Our (garden view) room was lovely - the shower was simply awesome and the bed, ridiculously comfortable.
We dined at Simply Grills more times than we should have (it's phenomenally over-priced when compared to local restaurants) - but did so because it was just superb; simply amazing food in a lovely setting.
The spa was fantastic. …We indulged in more than our fair share of treatments but it was money well spent as every treatment was heavenly.
The one downside was the amount of weddings that took place. …Once our initial excitement of having prime spectator seats wore off, we tired of the general commotion that the wedding parties caused - one, in particular was awful; the wedding party guests were extraordinarily badly behaved and disrupted everyone and thing.
…The Marriott's response to this party was to set another area aside for breakfast - and give everyone who had the misfortune of witnessing one quite spectacular pool "party" a snack of nachos to say sorry. (Didn't quite cut the mustard).
That upset aside, we had a truly amazing holiday and for the first time in years, were sad for our trip to come to an end.
At just 3km from the centre of town, if you're looking for somewhere that will see you being looked after and genuinely cared for - and that isn't your standard package tourist place, the Goa Marriott is for you. …We loved it and can't praise it enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a stunning sea-view and glorious sunsets, the Goa Marriott Resort & Spa is the ideal destination for a stay in the land of sun & sand. Located at the edge of the Miramar Beach, it is perfect for a truly relaxing vacation. This charming luxury resort boasts of dining facilities that include a revolutionary transition lounge, outdoor dining at our specialty barbeque restaurant, Wan Hao – Pan Asian cuisine, and a 24-hour Coffee Shop and in-room dining. Guests can benefit from the on site world renowned Quan spa and a well equipped fitness centre. Besides an exciting mix of fine dining and leisure activities, the Goa Marriott Resort & Spa also provides easy access to bustling Panaji, the capital city of Goa, rich in its history and cultural heritage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Goa Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goa Marriott Hotel Panaji
- Goa Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Goa Hotel
- Marriott Panaji
- Panaji Marriott
- Marriott Goa Resort
- Goa Marriott Resort & Spa Panjim