couldn't have chosen a better resort for our Goa holiday. Chose bay front room with patio (great choice) and buffet lunch and dinner included.
Booking process: very smooth (online)
Location: 2 kms from Panaji market. Next to Miramar beach. we wanted to be central (equidistant from North and South Goa). if you want just the beaches, then better off being near Baga or Colangute beaches. (north Goa). if you want access to old Goa and south Goa as well as north, then this is an ideal location.
Reception: very welcoming staff - quick check in. marvelous service.luggage delivered to room. welcome drink provided during check in. bananas stocked in the room.
Room itself was luxurious, so was the bathroom. the back door opened to a patio area with relaxing chairs, and overlooking the Arabian sea (Miramar beach is right in front of you).
sunrise and sunset views were bliss - hammock in front of the room. pool and waterfront restaurants a few metres away from the room.
slight complaint about room - dirty in one or two places. we brought it to the attention of the concerned.
Food in the restaurant - extensive spread for breakfast and dinner both. very comprehensive. Goan fish curry and prawn dishes stood out. Food (overall) is to die for. quality not the greatest for all dishes (e.g. Paneer dishes were below par), but more or less, it ticked the mark. (9.5 / 10).
service in the restaurant - outstanding. got to know from the staff that they are well paid but do 12 hr shifts every day.
wife used the gym and kid used the kids play area.no complaints there.
on the day of departure, chef came looking for us and asked if we wanted anything packed for the jouney - outstanding service and acumen I would say.
also sou-chef would chat to us at almost every meal and ask if we wanted anything custom made.
service at the bar - was not upto the mark. wrong bill (overcharged) was given to us, which was rectified later.
apart from minor hiccups, it was perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a stunning sea-view and glorious sunsets, the Goa Marriott Resort & Spa is the ideal destination for a stay in the land of sun & sand. Located at the edge of the Miramar Beach, it is perfect for a truly relaxing vacation. This charming luxury resort boasts of dining facilities that include a revolutionary transition lounge, outdoor dining at our specialty barbeque restaurant, Wan Hao – Pan Asian cuisine, and a 24-hour Coffee Shop and in-room dining. Guests can benefit from the on site world renowned Quan spa and a well equipped fitness centre. Besides an exciting mix of fine dining and leisure activities, the Goa Marriott Resort & Spa also provides easy access to bustling Panaji, the capital city of Goa, rich in its history and cultural heritage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Marriott, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Goa Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goa Marriott Hotel Panaji
- Goa Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Goa Hotel
- Marriott Panaji
- Panaji Marriott
- Marriott Goa Resort
- Goa Marriott Resort & Spa Panjim