We were met at the airport by Vishwas who spoke excellent English and who became our driver throuout our stay. The hotel is rather down a back street but right on the Arabian Sea and looks fabulous, even at the end of the rainy season. There were beautiful flower petal ‘pictures’ in the lobby and very efficient front office staff. We were escorted to our room which was spacious with a sea view and a French balcony. No lounge here but a cafe, Club Azure which doubled as one with detail oriented staff who remembered our preferences and a lovely sunset view. The hotel has a daily shuttle into the town and the front desk staff were very helpful in finding the address of an optician (my glasses broke). The town was small and quite safe to wander round. There is also a Bazzar, which is like a department store with excellent goods and prices. We had dinner at the Chinese restaurant in the hotel and were rather disappointed. This is a new restaurant and is obviously having some ‘teething trouble’. Neither the food nor service were good. However I am sure this will have been rectified by now.
Breakfast at the Waterfront Café is wonderful. A vast selection of eastern, western and cooked to order dishes and chefs who came around to make sure everything was fine. Vishwas took us on day trips to Old Goa and a spice farm and to the southern beaches and lunch at Martin’s Corner. Dinners at the Waterfront café were excellent and on our last day the chef sent a special bon voyage dessert which was a very nice gesture.
The pool area was very nice and we went for a couple of walks along the beach – too cold for swimming at that time of the year (September). Altogether we really enjoyed our stay in Goa and would certainly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a stunning sea-view and glorious sunsets, Goa Marriott Resort & Spa is the ideal destination for a stay in the land of sun and sand. Located at the edge of Miramar Beach, our hotel in North Goa, India is perfect for a truly relaxing vacation. This charming luxury resort boasts dining facilities that include a revolutionary transition lounge, outdoor dining at our specialty barbeque restaurant, Wan Hao – Pan Asian cuisine, and a 24-hour Coffee Shop and in-room dining. Guests can benefit from the on site world renowned Quan spa and a well equipped fitness centre. Besides an exciting mix of fine dining and leisure activities, Goa Marriott Resort & Spa also provides easy access to bustling Panaji, the capital city of Goa, rich in its history and cultural heritage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Goa Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goa Marriott Hotel Panaji
- Goa Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Goa Hotel
- Marriott Panaji
- Panaji Marriott
- Marriott Goa Resort
- Goa Marriott Resort & Spa Panjim