“Worst place ever, not a 5 star, it is a 2 star or even less than that”
Review of The Crown Goa

The Crown Goa
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Panjim
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I had my worst experience with The Crown. I was checked into an executive room, and that room stinked and was unberable. I called for help, they sent a room freshner.... When I asked for a supervisor, he mentioned that the Air Conditioner had been through servicing and repairs and the gas leakage is causing the smell. They knew about this. The room cleanliness was to pits and it was no where an executive category room for a 5 star property. then they started showing me which room I would like to stay in.... the room they gave me, was supposedly an upgrade but actually a big downgrade... the entire nite there was a construction and banging outside my window.... I couldnt sleep, had a bad headache because of stnk in the room, and then the night sleep.. the breakfast was no where comparable to a 5 star property....

The general manager was just oblivious and non receptive of feedback, I checked out immediately and moved immediately to Taj Vivanta.... please dont stay here...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Anees M

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Another hotel in India that just doesn't get it.

Free wifi Internet is advertised on their site!!! Except when it doesn't work.

The staff informed me upon check in that wifi was not working. But they offered a solution. Ni could use the business center for a fee. B

I attempted to explain to the staff if they are offering a service it is their responsibility to honor their commitments to the customer, ie free Internet. It is not their clients fault if the hotel has non functioning hotel.

His response was if he provided me with free access I the business center, he would need to provide all guers with free sevice. Exactly

Crown goa. You are better than that

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank rmgsafari
TheCrownGoa, Manager at The Crown Goa, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback.

I sincerely regret the inconvenience you experienced with the WIFI during your stay. Do let me assure you that we have taken steps to ensure guests do not have a similar experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Crown.

With kind regards,

Reviewed August 17, 2012

we stayed in crown for 03 nts. really superb hotel, very nice clean modern interior rooms. Very nice located. The food n service beyond expectation. This particular hotel we choose for cruise casino,really if one only want to enjoy casino in goa, CROWN is the perfect, very nearest to all cruise casino.Check in/out very smooth, house keeping room service very prompt.Love to visit again.

Room Tip: superior river view rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank PURAVDESAI

Dear Mr. Desai,

Thank you for your feedback!

Your review encourages us & we look forward to providing even better guest services in future. We sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us and look forward to your next visit to The Crown Goa!

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Went to this place on work,It was excellent!
The pros and cons are as below
Pros:
Location its in the heart of the city and excellent for doing business as well as visiting the casinos!
Casino Royale, Caravela and Casino pride are right opp.
Rooms are decent and we got the large ones although we had the view of some trees!!
Try getting the ones with the Mandowi river view which is spectacular although at a premium.
The staff are truly great and highly accomodating!
Good rooms with all creature comfort(32" Flat screen , Daikin ACs, Tea coffee maker etc)
Good bathrooms and fittings

Cons
Slightly dated hotel in comparison with the new ones (personally i loved it)
Old lifts,
Food is ok considering it goa and the options outside are limitless.
20 min drive min to baga or any beach up north.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank travelwitsam

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback!

We are happy you enjoyed our hotel and services and look forward to providing you an even better experience in future.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and look forward to your next visit to The Crown Goa!

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Right from the outset, this hotel tries it best to upset people. The moment you checked into the room, the AC was not working. 30 mins wasted. This is probably the only 5 star which does not provide bathroom slippers or shaving or brushing kit.They tried to charge us for that and were argumentative till it was sorted out. Sofa cushions hadn't seen water in a while. 5 star hotel had split AC and not central. Staff training is unbelievably poor. Everybody is behind the reception area, right from the bell boy to the waiter to housekeeping staff running around like headless chicken. For the price you pay for the superior rooms during off season, not worth it. View facing the river and pools are great and looks like the management feels that is enough for the guests. Pool size is very small. 5 star hotel does not have digital TV transmission. Check out took 38 minutes even after repeatedly informing about check out before 7am. This hotel has no regret, remorse or bother about how guests feel. Only good thing was the view from the riverside rooms and the food. Management-not fit to work even in 4 star hotels.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AjSilverblack
Reviewed July 5, 2012

A good hotel to stay in Panaji, heart of the city Goa. It is one of the best business/family hotels with great services. Food is good and room stay is very cozy and comfortable. Location is in the heart of the city allows one to have facilities in proximity.

Room Tip: all rooms are good, better stay in 2nd floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Matharoo
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I recently visited Goa on the 7th of June. Prior to this I was looking for places on the internet and I managed to find The Crown Goa. After reading reviews I was contemplating whether I should stay at this place or not. I then called the hotel and enquired about the Casino. The lady at the reception was extremely helpful and gave me the phone number for the casino manager - Mr. James Mendes. He proved to be a very helpful person. I told him the purpose to visit Goa is only to relax and be in the casino. He gave me a deal which no website could offer. On arriving at the Panjim bus stand there was a scorpio waiting to drop my friend and I to the hotel. On arriving in the hotel we were served with a non alcoholic drink which was very refreshing. We were then sent to out room on the 2nd floor which was a room with twin beds. We called the reception and spoke to Sandip and requested for a double room. He within half an hour got a room cleaned (as the guests in that room had just checked out) and sent us to room 310 on the 3rd floor. It was a beautiful room and very spacious. I have travelled to many countries and been to a lot of hotels within India but I can vouch that the service you get in The crown Goa is unbeatable. Right from the bell boy to the Casino manager everyone was very helpful. The entry fee for the Casino is rs500 per person. You are given chips worth rs500 when you make the payment. However I paid only rs.500 for both my friend and me. We were given entry to the casino and as I wanted to only play on the slot machines Mr. James gave me a card worth rs500 to use on the slot machines in return for the chips. In the casino the person Francis at the counter is a very nice gentleman who was constantly serving free drinks (alcoholic/non alcoholic) including amazing snacks. We were treated very royally in the casino as well as the hotel. This hotel was earlier The Sun n Sand however after the take over it has been named as The Crown Goa. On entering the Casinio we had unlimited drinks, snacks and dinner. The room service menu also has a very good variety and the taste and quality of food is amazing. The rooms are extremely clean. They have a nice swimming pool just outside the Harbour cafe which is the inhouse restaurant. A wide spread of buffet every morning. The hotel is situated just across the river Mandovi and the view from the hotel is panaromic. In all for people who are looking to stay in a star hotel and want to relax and truly unwind this is the place for you. The hotel staff go out of their way to help you. I had bus tickets booked to leave on the 9th of June but as we were overwhelmed with the service we decided to extend our stay. I had booked the tickets through Make My Trip who promised a discount of rs100 per sector and didn't give it to us. I called them to request the tickets be rescheduled for a departure on the 10th instead of the 9th. MMT was very unhelpful and said as per the policy we can't do anything. We then spoke to Mr. James who said he will see what he can do. He then spoke to his boss Mr Francis who managed to get the tickets changed for us directly with Paulo travels. Not to forget the day we arrived on the 7th on going to the Casino we were soon given membership cards which entitled us to free entry to the casino along with one guest. We both got one card each which is valid until 2014.

Room Tip: Room number 310 on the 3rd floor is an amazing room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bharti L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panjim
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Spazio Leisure Resort
Spazio Leisure Resort
#4 of 18 in Anjuna
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa

Been to The Crown Goa? Share your experiences!