“Very Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Panjim
Pune, India
“Very Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The hotel rooms are very good and the location is excellent. The main market is just behind the hotel and casinos and ferry places are all nearby. The facilities at the hotel – swimming pool, spa, etc are also very good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Very mediocre service. Hard to imagine it's a Taj property.

The facilities are decent, especially the coffee shop and restaurant. The staff lacks training and orientation in value added customer service. We checked out early morning and the lousy guy at the reception seemed half sleepy. No wonder, he charged us double (we had booked for the hotel on the hotel website) Instead of arguing, we paid the bill and then the guy asks me about the in room fridge intake. So it was left to my honesty and not the regular checks they make to find out themselves. Worse, when I told him about my intake (a beer) he seemed authoritative in stating that I need to pay for it - something that I was in any case going to do.

Of course, thanks to the Taj credibility, I got my refund on the erroneous double charge accompanied by a readiness to transfer or terminate the guilty which was of course never my objective. The point is Taj should get serious about its recruitment policies esp. in non-metros. And if was the case in Panjim, what to talk of distant properties.

Room Tip: Don't trust the staff for reliable service. Take the initiative to get things done. Avoid the no...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Sudhir_Raikar
Goa, Goa, India
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We often love to come into the caramel coffee shop as its a great place to meet friends in Panjim, but the staff that they have work in here is the worst in the entire hotel. So solemn, bordering on rude and lazy. It didn't used to be like this but for the last one year it has been. We wish they would train their staff better!

• Stayed September 2013
Curepipe
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Good hotel with the staff being very helpful and attentive to your needs. A special thank you to the staff at the travel desk who were very good in helping us plan our day trips and the staff at the pool for their excellent service. The hotel and the rooms are very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chennai
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I arrived at Taj Vivanta for a 5 day Business trip. I have had poor experience at the hotel. As I reached the hotel, I needed the luggage soon at my room and informed someone at reception. It did not arrive for more than 20 minutes. I decided to go down, carry it personally and to never leave it unattended at this place. I booked a hotel car and wanted it to be ready at 5 PM. The experience again was poor. The car was not ready at the right time and the driver did not know the place. The paperwork for the car started when I reached and I was late for my business meet. I decided to book an outside taxi for all future work. At breakfast, the staff does not respond in timely fashion. I decided to prepare my own coffee in the room.

I have had a better experience earlier which echoes with some other reviews here. But now, it seems as if the hotel staff is on vacation while the business traveler needs to work for himself.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is MY WORST BOOKING EXPERIENCE, SHOCKING as its was not at all expected from THE TAJ GROUP OF HOTELS.

My wife last night had called the Taj Worldwide Reservation Helpline - 1800111825 for checking the availability & tariff for this HOTEL, we were offered the FAMILY GETAWAY Package for appx Rs. 32,000 inclusive of BED & B'fast for 2 Adults & Extra Bed & B'fast for 1 Child, Meal Credits of Rs. 1750 per adult per night, Airport Pick-up & drop, Half Day City Tour, taxes etc.

As we felt it was SUPER DEAL & as we were told Rooms were available in Good Nos., we cancelled an existing booking & called The Hotel again in the morning to book this package - but to our HORROR, the Booking Agent "Ms.Christine" informed that they didn't have the above package rate, we were shocked & after our insisting she looked up their CALL HISTORY & found our telecom with their agent, they agreed the same was offered by the agent, in fact they admitted that my wife re-confirmed twice with the agent that the offered package was for 4 nights.

Finally frustrated we informed her that we would like to speak to her Senior/Manager & we did get a call back from her senior "Ms. Vaibhavi (not sure), she told us that she is SORRY for the same but couldn't HELP us as it was a mistake of booking agent & all she could offer is a Room at appx Rs. 36,000 inclusive of Bed & B'fast, Extra Bed & B'fast for 1 Child & taxes.

As this was not acceptable to us, we didn't feel like taking up her favor & would be extra careful while making future bookings, especially with the TAJ GROUP OF HOTELS.

I would like to CAUTION all REVIEWERS & GUESTS who would call THE TAJ GROUP for any HOTEL to be careful too, so they do not suffer like us.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank Dhaval K
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The staff at this hotel continue to be some of the most helpful of any hotel we have visited in the World. They will go that extra mile when necessary which always makes a return visit enjoyable. The IT support in the business centre and the absolute friendliness of the spa staff were excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panjim
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
#6 of 66 in Candolim

Been to Vivanta by Taj - Panaji? Share your experiences!