“Everything is as it should be...well done!”

Vivanta by Taj - Panaji
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Panjim
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for 3 weeks on business..from the first day I arrived I was made welcome...despite the fact that my company forgot to confirm the booking.

The rooms are spotless and comfortable..but where the hotel excels is in the level of individual service and politeness of EVERY member of staff.

The food in the buffet for both breakfast and dinner deserves a special mention as it was never less than excellent...to maintain this level of standard over the 3 weeks of my stay is a credit to the Head Chef and his staff...WELL DONE!

However my highest praise goes to the staff in the rooftop pool...those guys take politeness,courtesy and service to a different level.

The hotel of course suffers slightly from it's location....it is a city centre hotel,,,but sitting at the pool in the evening with a cold beer watching the sun go down ........

There are newer reviews for Vivanta by Taj - Panaji

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here as part of a group booked by our office for a workshop here in the middle of April 2013. Some of the reviews are negative-- and surprising, I clearly disagree with the negative comments about service standards.

This is my first stay at any Taj property.

Rather, service standards are what made my experience stand out. I can personally name some of the staff who rendered prompt and cheerful service: Mr Anna, Mahesh, Nived Mandrekar, the front desk, housekeeping and so forth. All provided very cheerful and genuinely personalized service.

The spread of food left nothing to be desired - whether breakfast, lunch or dinner. Absolutely wide range of food.

THe only down-side to the stay in the hotel was that probably because of the closed-system airconditioning, I felt a little suffocated. I did try to see if the windows could be opened but that wasn't possible so probably it's a personal perception.

The location of the hotel is really good - we explored the covered Municipal market close by.

Room Tip: Perhaps see if you can get a room on the higher floors.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

it was my first stay at taj but i have stayed at many top end hotels, still this is one hotel that knows exactly how to spoil your habits and make ou not want to leave. starting from the breakfast which is very delicious and they serve it with so much love and care that you feel at home. it is a paradise for indians cause they have a wide variety of indian meals which are delicious. secondly the swimming pool, i went in the morning and i saw pigeons there, firstly i was surprised but then ireally liked it, they offered complimentary water. the hotel staff is very courtious and they treat you with immense care. in my suggestion everyone should visit taj if in goa.......... have a nice stay

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel upteen number of times, last being in 2011 July. This was one of my favorite hotels in Goa, but alas this March the experience was very saddening.

Nothing has changed, other than the service. I could till 2011 vouch and swear by the service standards of this hotel, but no more. Probably because we were part of a group booking and groups by the hotel's unspoken policy has to be treated differently.

The banquet food was very low in quality and taste. The restaurant service very bad. The front desk was charming as ever.

The rooms are awesome, location fantastic however quality of food has gone down, costs up, service down and the attitude of the banquet staff was abhorring.

Probably avoid banquets and group check-in at this hotel, and maybe the quality of service would move upwards but for a brand like Vivanta, that should not be the case, one does expect that.

Else you will not find any issue with this place.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but ask for rooms on higher floors and facing the main entrance as that has an a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

It has a good reception area with very helpful staff. The rooms are good. One thing lacking in the rooms is the view. There is no good view due to the location of the hotel. It is located in the city. The chef make some excellent Indian sweets.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had been to this hotel from 9th MArch till 12th March in 2013.
Was on an absolute leisure trip after long and wanted to stay in panajim due to proximity to casinos chose this hotel. Selected a Deluxe allure suite. Was astonished to see the room at check in. Was absoutely awesome. Felt like a perfect way to spend my holiday. The rooms was fantastic with everything in the right place. Dining tabe was good so was the living room. Was a pleasure to watch few movies in DVD player (DVD's selected from the hotels list). As soon as our DVD arrived me and my friends were left to amazement by the service at the TAJ. We got complimentary 7up and popcorns to go with the movie. This was the service I was looking for and for thrilled at their courtesy. All though many people say it as a business hotel but i would say it as a perfect holiday hotel with good staff.
We used to come back from the casinos at around 3am and were wished by the Valet guys good morning with a smiling attitude.
The breakfast in the morning was not to be missed at all. It was delicious with a superb menu. Loved having it. Infact we made it a point to wake up for the breakfast everyday even after returning early morning from the casino. Breakfast could be said as a good alternative and way to skip your afternoon lunch. Absolutely loved the cold coffee in the morning. Was so delicious that i used to have almost 2 glasses of them.
The only thing I missed was the river view from the hotel, as the mangroves have taken over the view and there is now no more view from the hotel. Yet i and my friends have decided to be back at this hotel every year for our goa holidays.
Thanking the staff for making this hotel so memorable.
BEST HOTEL IN GOA SO FAR VISITED.
Looking forward to coming back soon.
Thanks Taj for the wonderful holidays.

Room Tip: If you have a budget go for the Suites. Its not very costly. Infact its the perfect value for money...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were there for 2 nights - 18th - 20th April. This was booked for us by our client, it was in the city and near the office. The check in was very smooth, upon knowing that our flight was in the evening, we were offered a late checkout without even our asking, which was a first for me!! I immediately liked the hotel. The room was spacious and clean. The bath tub was also nicely cleaned, sometimes in other hotels, I can see grimes on the side and it can be a real turn off. We had our business dinner in the hotel, it was a Japanese and Indian fusion, the lamb was great and the fish was good. The breakfast spread was very good, the selection was international, the waiters were always on hand to serve you anything you wanted from the kitchen or buffet. There was really no need to go to the buffet counter unless you wanted to get your own food. I ordered my choice of eggs, harsh browns and other stuff. It was really relaxing and nice to just sit and enjoy the start of your day. Language was not a problem, everybody I encountered spoke English. We couldn't figure what was the right amount to tip, so we decided to use the S$4 guide, which was about 200 rupees, not sure if it was too little. But I hope it showed our appreciation for the good service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panjim
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
#5 of 10 in Cavelossim

Been to Vivanta by Taj - Panaji? Share your experiences!