“A SMALL VERY UNLIKE TAJ HOTEL”

Vivanta by Taj - Panaji
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Panjim
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Vivanta by Taj - Panaji, Goa, is close to where the river Mandovi meets the Arabian sea. . 28 kms from Dabolim airport and bang in the heart of the city, the hotel is a smart stroll from all that is see-able and do-able in this capital city of Goa. .HOTEL fascility includes fully wired ballroom, hi-tech boardrooms, nouvelle restaurants, the high octane bar, and the Jiva spa .The first view of the hotel gives you very unlike Taj property as it is very small one of the smallest and compact hotel I have seen .But once you enter and start having the feel of the inside surroundings you get assured of the The Taj hotel feeling.
The rooms are well maintained like all Taj hotels but are small unlike the other Taj hotels I have visited .The food has improved drastically from the last time I stayed and not very expensive for a star hotel.
I think if you are for business it is the best suited and located hotel but if you are for leisure you should stay in Vivanta because you can visit all the near by attractions and the boat ride apart from being very near to the market place and meera mar beach.
All in all good value for money and convenient hotel in the heart of the city

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,511)

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Good choice when you come to Goa for business. Service is quite good and perfect location. I fixed all my meetings right there, had a business lunch in Chinese restaurant and had a drink in the bar in the evening. Nice atmosphere for negotiation as not very crowded.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Taj hotels are well known for their hospitality, one of the most amazing thing about taj hotels is no matter which property you go level of service and satisfaction remains the same. Everything thing is delivered to you on time with clinical precision.

I stayed in Taj vivanta - Panaji for a week with family and friends along with kids. The level of service was amazing; my two year old kid felt so much at home that he spent more time playing with the hotel staff then with his parents.

Rooms were neat and clean with an amazing home theatre system. You can play your fav songs at a blasting level in your room.

The swimming pool is on the terrace and presents an amazing view of panaji, at night the pool area becomes really romantic. During our stay we enjoyed more in the hotel then on the beaches of Goa.

Hotel is also close to the cultural centers of Panaji and we could see a lot of cultural activity around our hotel itself.

If you are travelling with kids and family and want to avoid the hustle and bustle of crowded Goa beaches, (some of the beaches become really unsafe at nights because of junkies and drunk foreigners) then you should certainly stay at Taj Panaji. Lot of good eating joints like Mum’s kitchen is walking distance from the hotel.

Room Tip: executive rooms with study table r best
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank bigford
Reviewed June 5, 2011

FIrst impression of the hotel was very new and clean.
the check-in and checkout process was very swift & less waiting time....
The hotel had all possible amenities including a spa and a gym.
The prices were very reasonable for a 5 star hotel..The interior of the rooms was top class and urban..there was a home theatre in every room and separate ports ate the study table for your electronics.
We took 2 interconnected rooms and found out that there were slight differences, for example, one room had bathrobes and other room had a fruit basket, however i don't blame them simply because one call would have handled the needs.

the only drawback of this hotel was the the paid internet.
and we didn't get the welcome drink upon arrival. they had the welcome drink in stock but they must have forgot to serve.

Overall it was a a good experience,nothing extraordinary, just a nice and quiet hotel.
I would definitely go back again....

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank nikit3
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Its not on the beach, but its a great hotel, a great property by TAJ group, the terrace pool is awesome, the food is great especially the buffets, Spa is amazing. The service is also worth a look. The bathrooms are very very good.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2011

This was my 1st trip to Goa.I was amazed to see the city & can assure that Goa deserve to be a favourite place for tourists. The crowd here is more sensible toward tourists.

Now my stay in Vivanta Taj – Goa was very comfortable. Location of the hotel is very convenient as I was told that Panaji is the centre of the city with most of the business houses, also my work place was very close by.

This hotel looks pretty new & with a different look as compare to other Taj properties (a new & fresh design). As I entered into the lobby I was greater very nicely by the staff & the check-in process was quite smooth & interactive. The room provide to me was spacious with typical Taj package of amenities. The food available in breakfast was good for me but my German friend was not very happy. This stay was very short but I can very well say that its right place to stay long. Even the room tariffs are very competitive & I am looking forward to stay again during my next visit to Goa in June.

I got what I expected from Vivanta category of Taj hotel .

We then went to Bagha beach for dinner & can tell you it’s very-very happening, Goa rocks.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We were travelling with a our one year old daughter and oddly enough since it is a business hotel this turned out to be an amazing hotel to stay in with a child. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful.

The icing on the cake was the amazing food that one of the chefs - Sudeep, put together for our daughter. Creative and tasty. She thoroughly enjoyed it and whatever she didn't finish I did - it was so good! And the general room service food was pretty good too. I recommend the asparagus soup!

This is not a hotel for a resort holiday but if you have stuff you need to get done in Panaji, friends to meet, family to reconnect with and want a place you can be in without having to worry about anything then the Vivanta is a good bet! It's not cheap but its value for money.

Service was super prompt and they have a lovely (if shallow) pool on the top floor that is very relaxing especially if you have a small child and don't want a deep pool anyway.

The piece de resistance came when my partner's laundry was returned - the shirt and trousers came on hangers and the person bringing the laundry also carried a box that looked like a cross between a jewellery box and a pistol case. I was very confused until it was revealed that they official looking case was being used to transport my partner's underwear. Now I wish I had taken a photograph!!!

Oh and our daughter simply loved the bathroom, especially the glass window into the room!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank another-travel-diary
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panjim
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Grand Hyatt Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
#1 of 3 in Bambolim
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa

Been to Vivanta by Taj - Panaji? Share your experiences!