The place is extremely well-kept. The service is really amazing (Jeanette and her son were always ready to help and the employees were all friendly). Our room was very comfortable and breakfast on the sunny rooftop was a truly relaxing experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Afonso Guest House, run by Panaji's reputed Afonso family, is more than just a guest house to its many patrons. Nestled in the capital city's quaint Latin quarter of Fontainhas, it is a veritable bridge between Goa's Portuguese past and Indian present. A favoured haunt for many an adventurous traveller for over three decades, its hospitality and peppy spirit show no sign of aging and are still as fresh as they were back then. It makes no pretense of being luxurious; instead, Afonso Guest House prides itself in being simplistic and practical. With its friendly and welcoming hosts, it's truly your home away from home-clean and functional, the rooms are airy, and equipped with everything a traveler might need. However, the clincher is its lovely terrace graced with potted plants where traditional Goan breakfasts are served to guests every morning, overlooking the whitewashed St Sebastian Chapel. So, if you seek home in a foreign land, come over! Really! You won't regret it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Afonso Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Afonso Gues House Hotel Panaji
- Afonso Guest House Goa/Panjim