Stayed there in March for 5 nights.It was the most beautiful place to be during our world tour through India.Calm and with lots of love furnished rooms.Cleaned every day.Dobby/Washing service was possible too And the amazing terrace on the roof with plenty of flowers for a little rest or breakfast was great too.But the thing we enjoyed most was the owner family.The warmhearted and familiar ownerlady an her smart son with all their inspiration, where to go and what so see, made our stay really special. There is no better place to be in Panjim.....Thanks a lot. Kartara Carola & Horst Schmitz from Germay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Afonso Guest House, run by Panaji's reputed Afonso family, is more than just a guest house to its many patrons. Nestled in the capital city's quaint Latin quarter of Fontainhas, it is a veritable bridge between Goa's Portuguese past and Indian present. A favoured haunt for many an adventurous traveller for over three decades, its hospitality and peppy spirit show no sign of aging and are still as fresh as they were back then. It makes no pretense of being luxurious; instead, Afonso Guest House prides itself in being simplistic and practical. With its friendly and welcoming hosts, it's truly your home away from home-clean and functional, the rooms are airy, and equipped with everything a traveler might need. However, the clincher is its lovely terrace graced with potted plants where traditional Goan breakfasts are served to guests every morning, overlooking the whitewashed St Sebastian Chapel. So, if you seek home in a foreign land, come over! Really! You won't regret it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Afonso Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Afonso Gues House Hotel Panaji
- Afonso Guest House Goa/Panjim