“Clean and tidy, but a little expensive” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Paradiso

Casa Paradiso
Ranked #38 of 48 Hotels in Panjim
Bangkok, Thailand
“Clean and tidy, but a little expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

Compared to many places in Panaji this was quite expensive but it was clean and tidy, we had a large room with hot water (and a proper shower!), and many of the cheaper places we looked at first were not very nice. Close to the town centre the location is convenient and only about a 10 minute walk to the bus station.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Sunley-Griffin-Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

Ok its not a bad hotel, the thing that makes it bad is the price. It is far too expensive for the standard of room you get for your money. The room is bare, and is only worth half the price. Better ones to be had elsewhere.

Room Tip: None as way too expensive.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Panjim hotels

staffordshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

We stayed at Casa Paradiso on Lonely Planet's recommendation. The room we had was spacious, bright and clean. The staff were friendly and happy to assist if we needed anything.

The hotel is located very close to the main streets of Panaji, where the shops and restaurants are, but although this is not a fault of the hotel itself, there is not too much to do in Panaji, so we only ended up staying one night.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a short stay in Panaji, and that just wants a good value no frills hotel.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank nataliarenaldo1981
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

What a let down. This was going to be my treat hotel as it cost me three to four times more than all my other hotels in India. When I arrived by taxi i did not want to get out, I could not believe this was it. A small doorway facing a steep staircase to a counter. The staff were friendly, My air con room had a bed with one sheet which was stained and smelled like someone slept in it, two lumpy pillows that felt like they were maybe washed and clumped together, musty towels were sitting on the bed, the aircon worked on a breaker set to high, no controller or buttons on the machine, you would need a wrench to change settings. To say it was noisy has to be an understatement , it sounded like a semi truck at a red light revving to go. I had to put the ceiling on more times just to hear the tv. I was freezing in this room. They brought a blanket which was old, wooly and with no top sheet did not want to put it against my body. The tv was old but worked. No Restaurant or facility, they offer room service , they go out to a restaurant to bring in take out. This hotel charges tax and service, I understand tax but the obligation service was out of hand for this facility as there was no services. No lounge or meeting area, you were islolated on your own except for the front desk.I stayed four nights as I had paid ahead to an agency. My mistake. I would not recommend this place as it was not value for money. The restaurants don't open befrore nine in the morning and there is no tea or coffee or facility to get one. I made the mistake of expectations and I was disappointed. If this room had been in line with the rate of my other hotels for same facility it would get a high rating for what can you expect for the money, for the money charged I felt trapped and ripped off.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

We chose Paradiso after reading about it in LP. We had stayed in some other recommended places by LP and they were not the best, so our hopes were not high.
What a great hotel!! Our room was massive (I mean REALLY big) with aircon, ultra clean bathroom ans a huge window overlooking the street that let a fantastic amount of natural light in. I'm not sure why we got the really big room, as there was another guy staying there, paying the same as us (1000rupees If I remember corectly) and his room was much smaller, though just as clean etc.
The hotel is well located, being right next to the cathederal and with plenty of shops/auto rickshaws near by. The main section of panjim and the "old portuguese" area is within easy walking distance, so it's all on your doorstep. I loved Panjim, and there is heaps to see apart from the obligatory trip out to Old Goa. Don't write panjim off as a one night stop over sort of place. It has a charm and character all of it's own, especially after the grind of ND/ varanasi etc...
Anyway, I would highly recommend the Paradiso, but if you can, ask for one of the larger rooms. I have paid much more in India for WAY much less quality.
The staff were very friendly and really helpful.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

My husband and I stayed here over Christmas, 2010. We had booked online months in advance for the busy holiday dates. Their website looked good and despite the expensive price we decided to book. When we checked in we were really disappointed. The staff was clueless and seemed to have lost our reservation. When they finally figured found the booking, the room they gave us was pathetic. There was a giant bloom of mold growing in a corner of the room and the bathroom wasn't particularly clean. The only highlight its fabulous location, right near the main square and church. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

It was expensive but the room was had aircondition and murals that liven up otherwise usually drab walls. Extremely good location- you can walk almost anywhere around town from here. If you are on a budget I reckon you’ll still end up choosing this place over the one next door that is full of cobwebs, fat squishy lizards, spiders and dust. Alternatively, check out other more charming options in other parts of town.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank bindiladybird
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panjim
Hotel Palacio De Goa
The Menino Regency
The Menino Regency
#32 of 48 in Panjim
Mystique Heights, Panjim

Been to Casa Paradiso? Share your experiences!