“Home away from home!”

The Gateway Hotel MG Road Vijayawada
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Vijayawada
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed at so many hotels across the world, but the hospitality of the staff here beats everyone! I stayed at Gateway Vijaywada for more than an year and must admit that I always felt at home! Thanks for the great service, wonderful company (during lonely dinners) and taking care of me in times of need!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Gateway Hotel MG Road Vijayawada

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I first stayed at the Gateway looking for an upgrade from the DV Manor. The Gateway is a good place for a Westerner to stay when visiting Vijayawada. The restaurant has a variety of choices and good service. The beds are average as are the rooms. The bathroom was clean. The front desk does a good job with an efficient staff. I have stayed there three times and will choose Gateway the next trip. No complaints.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2012

First time I stayed in Vijayawada. Short stay, overall experience was excellent from entrace to check out. Food was great. Exceptional welcome at front desk. Manager was very helpful.They arranged a room based on last minute demands.Definately going to visit them again. Good value for the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I travel to vijayawada very frequently and my first choice is 'Gateway'. Comparing to other hotel this is the best in the city. Though it might not the best services, but they are the best what they provide.

Good hotel with good atmosphere

Room Tip: Go for non smoking and ask for city view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VinayKumar12
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed in the Superior room at the hotel and I would say that the room was spacious, well supplied and well maintained. However, the room did not offer us any great views. We had asked for a river facing room. Technically, they provided us a river-facing room but the irony was that the river was some 3- 4 kms away. You can say the same for the Hill view as well. So, my suggestion is, don’t go by the views they mention in the site. The reality is quite different than our expectations. Had the hotel reservation desk been fair to us, they would have told that the river can hardly be seen from the hotel.

We had informed the reservation desk that we would arrive at 5 am in the morning but somehow the front office thought that we would be in only by 2 pm. I don’t know where the information gap was. However, they provided us with a room within 5 mins. No complaints on that front. The staff was very courteous. Whoever met us would greet us, be it at the front office or the restaurant or the corridors.

The food spread at the restaurant GAD (Gateway All day) was huge. The look of it would please you immensely but the taste was very bland. One does not expect such bland food in Vijayawada. Even the pickles weren’t spicy. While I felt the buffet was decently priced, the Ala Carte prices were out of this world. You can have buffet at the hotel or eat outside. The restaurant staff was very accommodative. They did not charge us for the meals my 6 year old had. The staff at the restaurant is always around enquiring about the food and offering to get us what we wanted. That I felt was really nice of them to do so. Very few places actually show such courtesy.

There is another restaurant that serves Andhra food, but we did not eat there, nor did we use the laundry services. There is a small swimming pool on the terrace (4ft) in depth. But as it was raining we could not enjoy that facility.

All in all, our two days at Gateway were pleasant with very little to complain.

Room Tip: If you are with family, choose a superior room for space. Standard Rooms can be congested.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2012

stayed here for fourth or fifth time.every time same refreshing experience.food is authentic south indian but available to everyone,s taste.would like to come again for everything here.strongly recommended for business travellers.
s

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is my second stay at this hotel. I had a few issues which I mentioned at the front office at check-in and the room provided was really top notch a free upgrade. I had a real nice time and stayed and the room service also was very fast and this time I had food here at the hotel. The GAD restaurant was really lovely and had a very big spread for breakfast. The biryani was also excellent.
All in all a real homely place and definitely my choice when i want to stay the night at Vijayawada

Room Tip: Go for the corner room on the back side with a river view. Also go for rooms on the higher floors fo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo