“Great for business travellers”

Minerva Grand Vijayawada
Ranked #1 of 35 Vijayawada B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Fantastic place to stay for a business traveler. Great Food, Really Comfortable Rooms, very reasonable prices. Stayed here more than a dozen times. Courteous staff. Value for money is very good. Very close to the Vijayawada Business District. Try the Blue Fox Multi cuisine restaurant. The coffee shop is awesome.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ArunSreedharamurthy

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Advisable for business travelers. A good stay within budget. The rooms are well cleaned can compare with the 5 start hotels. With mini bar, LCD TV and cozy bed. You get both veg and non-veg restaurant options. Try avoiding orders to room better to go down and eat the right food with right choice. reasonable rates at the restaurant. Pick and drop facility to the airport available with reasonable rates but the drivers are localities with no sense. Free WI FI option if you can manage with slow speed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have been to this hotel for quite sometime and as far as my experience goes its a good place to stay for couple of days. The staff are polite although many of them speaks telugu you can get around easily. The rooms are spacious and the toilets are clean. Breakfast gets borin as they repeat the same stuff day after day. The 'vadas' are good. Room service is really good. Its located in the centre too.

Room Tip: Choose the double occupancy you would be in a treat and choose a room facing away from the entrance...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank devnath m
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We arrived @ Minerva around 10pm on the 20th Jan stayed one night with family , Checkin was Smooth .. This is a Small and petite Hotel , not huge and a lot Better than some other bigger Brand hotels in Vijayawada....

Cons- Parking may be tricky , but they have Vallet parking to take care of it .

Pro's - Staff were courteous , Restaurant staff were very polite and food was also tasty - i would recommend this hotel for cleanliness and Food ; Breakfast was more South indian (veg only hotel) and not continental

Room Tip: Prefer a higher floor as you have restaurants on the first floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Naresh2004
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Decent place to stay. Hotel staff is co-operative. Rooms and washrooms are clean. Did not face any issues. Breakfast was quite okay but only south indian food was available in the buffet. Value for money hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Rishika24
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have a corporate tie-up with this hotel and my booking was confirmed two weeks prior to my planned stay. When I arrived at the hotel at 5.30 AM, I was told that there was no room available and was asked to temporarily relax in "Suite-1". Suite-1 is a one-bed room with no other amenities and since it was a matter of "15-20 minutes" of waiting, I agreed. Two hours later there was no sign of my room or any communication from the reception. After I gave the reception staff a piece of my mind, they offered to let me use the "suite" - a real one I suppose,"for an hour" which I refused! The next option was use of a room which was repaired/painted the previous day, which I refused too!!! I told them to allot my room that was booked for me...

Finally after I spoke to the manager and after a few calls from my office, a room was "magically" made available at around 8.45 AM, more than 3 hours after I first arrived in the hotel! Needless to say, the rest of my stay was overshadowed by this experience and I did not enjoy my stay at all.

There are a number of good hotels on MG Road and I would recommend that you avoid staying here even if you have a confirmed room reservation!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ronen26
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Room was good. Space of WC in my toilet was placed in very small place causing problem. We had dinner in 1st floor resturant. Food was not so great. Service was not so fast also have some language problem.

Room Tip: Try to get a room opposite to road to avoid sound.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business