“Good hotel”

Minerva Grand Vijayawada
Ranked #1 of 35 Vijayawada B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is a good hotel with spacious rooms. The stay was nice and good. I have booked this hotel through make my trip and there was no problem in getting the room as said in other reviews.Will stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the third floor will be good as there is a bar in the first foor and a hall in the fourth f...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed February 27, 2012

The Hotel is Clean, without any cigarette smoke odors. Reception is nice and prompt. Check-in was easy even at 3.00AM. Rooms were spacious, clean and fresh. Beds and Pillows were quite comfortable. Bathroom was very clean. Breakfast is tasty with variety of dishes. The Quality of food in the hotel's restaurant is nice. We stayed for a couple of days and the stay was quite pleasant. I would rate the hotel close to 4.0 stars. To make sense of this rating, I would rate the La Quinta hotels in the US a 2.5 stars and Marriott hotels a 4.5.
If I visit Vijayawada, I would stay definitely at this place again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank srnpo
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I booked a room in this hotel using Expedia.com about 2 weeks before my date of stay. Confirmation email from expedia said that my room was confirmed and I don't need to reconfirm with either them or with the hotel. When I arrived at the hotel to check-in, the front desk staff told me that there was no room available for me as they never received any confirmation from expedia. When I called expedia I was told that my room was confirmed and it should be there at hotel. When I made the expedia customer service rep speak to the front desk manager, the manager told them that he never received any confirmation and hence cannot provide a room. He told me that the hotel was fully booked. He told me that i was the fifth person that month facing the same issue!!! I was stunned. Can't they communicate with Expedia and sort out the issue instead of letting 5 customers suffer from this poor lack of coordination??? I guess not. On top of that, the manager was telling people that there are rooms available whenever someone called the hotel directly! So, rooms are available for people who book directly with the hotel but not for people who booked online. I even showed him that his hotel was listed as having rooms available on other online websites (makemytrip, cleartrip, yatra, etc), but he said that information is wrong! He just didn't want to give me a room since I booked through an online travel agent!
Expedia was equally useless. They apparently sent the confirmation to the wrong email address! How can you repeat the same mistake 5 times and not know about it!!!! They failed to find me an alternative hotel and just reimbursed the room charges and did not respond to my complaints. I ended up calling a friend in Vijayawada and staying at their place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo