“Average hotel serves the basic needs”
Review of Hotel Ilapuram

Hotel Ilapuram
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Vijayawada
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is one of the oldest hotels in Vijayawada and it shows in rooms and service. Though room is spacious and neat, sheets and washrooms are not. I stayed here twice in last 2 months but found out other nice options at almost same cost. I feel it is not worth the cost. Only convenience is that it is close train station. Else I recommend other hotels.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Nandu1981

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Hotel Illapuram is located close to Vijayawada railway station and is a ten minutes walk from there and the airport is located about 18 Kms from here. The hotel is good in terms of rooms and restaurant. The hotel rooms are nice though look bit old and food served is also good. The Hotel service staff is also really helpful and the reception desk is also fast. The hotel is at an ideal location and there are several eating joints near the hotel as well apart from their own restaurant. The hotel is a good option to stay for business as well as family travellers.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I called the hotel well in advance and the guy at the recetion offered me discount to match the online rate. I checked in at the hotel, When I was checking out and the guy at the reception (KARIM) charged me higher rate and he was so rude and bluffed that he doesn't remember offering me any discounted rate. That's an outright lie. And he didn't even bother to answer my questions, he was standing quitely looking here and there with a most unfriendly face.

This hotel used to be very good. It is under good ownership but poor maintainence and employees with attitude ruin the reputation. They need to understand that they are in the hospitality industry and the magement better keep people who understand the hotel business if they want to live up tp their star ratings.

The rooms are neat, but the bathrooms are horrible and need fixes.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank WORLD_TRAVELLER768
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We have checked-in Room No.205 in the first week of Oct 2011. Surprisingly, the following humiliations have happend to us. Visitors could decide on staying in this hotel after reading the following.

1. The hotel was booked in advance by paying Rs.2000/- as advance payment. While check-in, they stranginly looked at my son and told us that the booking was done for two, but you have brought your son, who is extra. We told them that he could be charged. With some kind of hesitation he had agreed.
2. As the restourant was closed, we have placed our order for food as room service. While taking our dinner, a phone call had come from reception, saying, "Sir, food is extra; you need to pay for this". I said that I was aware of that. I was not knowing why they had such kind of doubts.
3. We found towels, soups, mugs, door mats and toilet papers are missing. Requested them to supply along with an extra bed. Extra bed has reached after 30-mts. But, we could get the towels and a soup only during the next day at 8 am after repeated requests. They have provided a mug that was served for toilet purpose and bathing!!!
4. The most humiliating factor had happen during breakfast in the restaurant. We took our breakfast and found no vacant table to sit except two. Both were however tagged as "reserved". As we were rushing to attend a marriage, just occupied in one of the tables as we were confident of completing in 5-mts time. Server had informed us that the table was reserved for MD and asked us to vacate. I asked him to find me an alternative table so that I could shift. Meanwhile, he brought the Chutni and Sambar in a bowl, and told us "This is not for you". We lost our cool. Blasted him.
5. But, no body bothers. I made a written complaint and suggested the receptionist to send 80% of the staff for an orientation program.
6. The management could claim this as a star hotel. I suggest you to check before you check-in.
7. The hotel is having good infrastructure. But, that alone is not sufficient to meet our requirement.
8. Check-in only you do not have alternative accomodations.

Room Tip: Check the noise level of a/c in the room and board
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank John_geetha
Reviewed September 5, 2011

It is located very close to Railway station. Varieties in the breakfast session are ok and may be some more to be added. But quality of coffee to be improved. Premises are kept neat and clean. Service is good But claiming 4 star status is not justified. It can be treated as 3 star one. I have stayed in the same hotel about a decade back. It was rated as one of the best hotels. If you visit the hotel with that notion you will thoroughly disappointed. Reception reservation service is very bad. Every time you call for room booking you will be given a reply as no rooms are available. It happened for me a couple of times. But at the same time you will get confirmed accommodation through Make my trip services.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ASMTRIP
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Our family stayed @ ilapura on 27th Aug Room 320.
The bath room was not draining and all the water is stagnant.
The towels are not clean.
Toileters given are not sufficient. Not provided tooth brush, past… normally a 3 star would provide.
Hotel did not offer any compensation for the inconvenience caused.
Hotel is offering complimentary breakfast and we did not take it as we need go our early in the morning and hotel made us pay for tea and coffee.
Atleast for they should have observed the cost of the tea and coffee for causing the inconvenience.
It’s a shame that you guys do not have to make the customers happy.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank cvpani
Reviewed July 28, 2011

it is one of the waste hotel in india .they only want money. i stay with my wife here for two days they gave us 202 room which was lookng nice but bed in this room is warest . we cant sleep on that bed. we informed to the manager they cant respond. we use our bed sheets to sleep. cockroaches are coming out from that bed we informed to the manager he cant respond we gave order for food it takes two hours to serve us. we ask the boy he replied tere are political offecials in other rooms we are giving service to them. so it get late the chairman of this hotel is one of uneducated political fellow who even know how to taka with guests.its the vary warest hotel in vijayawada . "MY SUGGESTION IS PLEASE DONT STAY IN THIS HOTEL"

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple