“Stunning views and great location”

Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments
Ranked #1 of 13 West End B&B and Inns
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Stunning views and great location”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed one night at this B&B and were very happy with our decision. It's a charming house off the main strip, so it is peaceful and has amazing views. Our room was spacious, clean, and comfy. The bathroom was large and clean. Breakfast was yummy and we were able to meet the other guests (which surprised us because everyone was so quiet the night before we thought we were alone). The walk into town was pleasant, shaded, and we enjoyed the extra exercise. Barbara was kinds, responsive, and a great hostess! She arranged a taxi for our ride to the ferry on our last day. Great hideaway. Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
brooklyn
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This was my second time staying with Barbara at her homey jungle hideaway, and I loved it just as much the second time. The common kitchen area is wonderful: spacious, airy, and a fantastic wifi connection if you need it. Barbara is absolutely the best - helpful, adorable, and she makes a mean breakfast, let me tell you!
This time I was in the master suite, which has a really charming private bath and can easily sleep 3 or 4 (at $80/nt, a fantastic value). The rooms are pretty simple (admittedly, the bed leaves a little something to be desired, but that also may be due to my becoming a bit too used to my uber plush pillow top mattress at home), but incredibly airy, HUGE, with excellent closet/storage space and a KILLER view over the jungle canopy to the inviting blue water. Ahhhhh.

To address some of the negatives that others have pointed out:
1. The walk from the beach
Yes, you should be aware that it is about a 10-minute walk on an unpaved road to get to Barbara's. If you are disabled or infirm or just in really bad physical shape, then perhaps this is not the place for you. Otherwise, the walk is no big deal (I did it multiple times a day in flip flops), and I was personally glad for an excuse to have to do a little walking after lying on my back all day in the sand. It's also a beautiful walk.
Helpful tip: Bring a flashlight to use at night (though Barbara did give us a spare).

2. Cleanliness
Not sure what the problem is here. The rooms and common space were perfectly maintained. Again, if you prefer to stay at chain or luxury hotels, then this is obviously not it. Staying here is like a home away from home - simple, cozy, welcoming and comfortable. Barbara is wonderful and approachable - if you need something, just ask! And Pepperoni, the cat, is a charming addition - sweetest cat ever. Kinda wanted to steal him.

If you want to be right on the beach and don't care so much about nightlife, then I recommend paying the extra money and staying in West Bay. I prefer West End for the action and economy, and it's a cheap, very quick water taxi ride (also super fun and picturesque) to the gorgeous beaches of West Bay. Love Roatan and I sincerely hope the American tourists don't ruin it. Will definitely be back, and will definitely be staying with Barbara once again. Best B & B at the best value.

Grazie, Barbara!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank katreasy
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Barbara was lovely and adorable and took care of me when I was sick. The house is spacious and cozy with common areas to relax with a book or chat with fellow travelers. Breakfast was always delicious. Felt like a home away from home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I had such a wonderful stay here with my husband in December. The Roatan B&B is a cozy hide-away nestled in the forest, a short walk from all that West End has to offer. We felt so relaxed after our two week visit here. Our apartment was a lovely home away from home. We really enjoyed the delicious breakfast each morning and the opportunity that it afforded us to chat with other travelers. We spent many relaxing mornings reading a book and relaxing on the front porch. In the evenings it was lovely to come back to the B&B for a quiet evening. We had booked an apartment which was perfect for us. The kitchen allowed us to prepare some simple lunches and dinners which we enjoyed on our patio. For anyone who is really looking for an opportunity to get away, relax and recharge, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Barbara who owns Roatan B&B is a delight! The place is low key and the views are beautiful. As a heads-up, it is a ten minute or so walk to the main street. The road isn't paved, but once you've walked it a couple of times - it's a breeze. Just make sure to bring proper walking shoes.

Breakfast is served at a round table and provides the opportunity to interact with the other guests. I would happily recommend this place and look forward to returning in the future. West End is a lot of fun and just the right amount of busy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank IrenaPW
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Barbara is an awesome landowner and a sweet woman and friend!
I was surprised how beautiful this hidden secret oasis was. I was here as a missionary and Barbara gave me the best price on the island!
I became so for from the walk to and from my church, I feel so great physically and miss it so much!!
Thanks Barbara!
Luv ya, Tabitha :)

• Stayed November 2013
Gracias, Honduras
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I had the unfortunate timing of coming here during the terrible cold front this month, so the weather was really not ideal for beach-bumming. The great news was, I had a wonderful place to hide away indoors away from the storms, dry and warm with the fantastically friendly Barbara in her fabulous bed and breakfast. This place is a little bit rustic, but don't think that means it isn't clean! It was very clean and well kept, and I had absolutely no complaints. Showers have hot water running directly from the tap, which is a nice change in Honduras. The breakfasts she serves are delicious, especially the potatoes! Barbara is wonderful to talk with and very attentive to her guests - I now have a new friend! I can't wait to go back and visit again for a longer duration, hopefully during better weather!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Splash Inn Dive Resort
#2 of 7 in West End
Seagrape Plantation Resort
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort

Been to Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments? Share your experiences!