WINNER WONDERLAND

Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments
Ranked #1 of 12 West End B&B and Inns
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Roatan B&B is a lovely and affordable "home away from home". The owner, Barbara, really went out of her way to help me in any way she could. I had computer issues and I really really needed one- so she let me use hers for a few hours one day- I thought that was very sweet and kind! It was quiet, relaxing and only slightly "off the beaten path" with a short 7 minute walk to the beach. I really enjoyed my stay despite the rain! I would highly recommend staying here to anyone~! I also have to say that she has an awesome cat named "pepperoni" or "peppe" for short- a very affectionate lap cat!...he helped me miss my cats a little less while I was away.....

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank beingrobbyn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

West End itself is a nice and convenient place to stay on Roatan island.

For affordable accommodation, I would highly recommend anyone to stay with Barbara at her property. She is a very nice young and attractive Italian lady - also very helpful and informative. Her place is in a quieter wooded area of West End but only a short walk to the restaurants and shops. This place has gorgeous view of the stunning bays of West End from the roof top. The rooms, bathrooms and communal areas are large and comfortable. Hot water is readilly available - which is important. I had many bad experiences with hot water supply in chilly places like Fortuna and Monteverde, Costa Rica and Chiapas, Mexico in affordable inns. Her breakfast is reasonably good too - though I offer more sumptious breakfast at my own guest house in Bali. But then, I am feeding largely Aussies, Kiwis, Malaysians and Singaporeans from the nearby countries who eat alot during breakfast time. Guests from continental Europe eat less.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

A home a away from home. I can't wait to go backto Roatan and to stay at Roatan Bed and Breakfast. Hospitality is excellent. It feels lik being at home. Peppe the cat made feel even more at home because I was already missing my own cat.

• Stayed December 2012
Arenys de Mar, Catalonia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Barbara's "Roatán Bead and breakfast", after a lot of research we decided to stay there, and it was the best choice we could have make, we got there late at night and had a bit of trouble finding the inn, but that was no problem at all, Barbara came to find us and took us to our lovely apartment. We had reservations for 3 nights and ended up staying 5! The apartment was impeccable, fresh towels, hot water, comfortable and clean bed, and it even had a kitchenette so we were able to save a little by cooking some of our meals. Barbara was the perfect host, one day we forgot to buy oil to cook and she kindly gave us some. This really is an idyllic place to stay in roatán, beautiful, has a perfect location, completely affordable, and on top of that you get the best host ever!

We can't wait to go back!, Thank you Barbara for an amazing time!.

-Gaby&Eloi.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Newport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Thanks to Barbara's amazing organisation I had a Fan-New Year-tastic time on Roatan. I stayed in one of Barbara's, clean, well-equipped and quiet apartments. The BnB is located about 6-8 mins walk from the main hub of West End. So, not far to find all amenities anyone would need on hols. A great beach for sunning/snorkling/diving and food outlets, shops and bookstores. A 10-15 min taxi/collectivo ride to the supermarkets. A multitude of 'things to do' (just ask Barbara) or just relax with a book in a hammock at Roatan BnB especially sitting on Barbara's rooftop for a stunning sunset over the sea. I'll be back for more!

Room Tip: Any room you choose will be great. The apartments are very well-equipped, clean spacious and great v...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Saripudin
Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

This Bed and Breakfast defines beauty and elegance as well as hospitality. Barbara the owner of the B&B is a total gem and absolutely wonderful host that makes you feel right at home. She is a wealth of information for visitors and makes the visit to Roatan far more inviting and enjoyable. I greatly enjoyed the time spent in her Bed and Breakfast and look forward to visiting again and staying at her lovely place and look forward to her delicious meals she makes. I can’t wait to be sitting in the hammock with the soft breeze and warm tropical air at her place and the grounds are so very lovely and enjoyable as well as the lovely ocean view from the roof top patio. Just writing this review makes me almost home sick because I felt so at home at this lovely B&B, it is truly a home away from home. Thank you so much for a heart warming wonderful experience at your home. It was so memorable and enjoyable! You have forever touched my heart. Much thanks, Sincerely, Amber

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

A wonderful hostess, Barbara made us feel comfortable, shared so much useful information,helped us feel right at home and her home was tasteful and beautiful....But best of all for me was the inviting hammock on the back porch that I made use of every single day. Breakfast every morning, bacon and eggs, fruit and coffee, chilling with the other guests, and Pepperoni the cat. I loved the European flair, and Barbara's warm and friendly nature...I highly recommend this B & B to anyone traveling to West End.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Seagrape Plantation Resort
Splash Inn Dive Resort
Splash Inn Dive Resort
#2 of 9 in West End

Been to Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments? Share your experiences!