“Seagrape Plantation Review”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in West End
Baltimore, Maryland
“Seagrape Plantation Review”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The staff is great. Jessica greeted us at the airport and brought us to the hotel, making a quick stop at the grocery store for snacks and drinks. Our rooms were perfect, the beds are comfortable, there is a fridge inside to store food and drinks and the cleaning staff keep the rooms clean and stocked with clean drinking water. We had a hammock and lounge chair on our porch that allowed us to enjoy the gorgeous sea views in between dives. The hotel itself doesn't have a restaurant but there are several food options literally minutes away. What I liked best was having the dive shop located there, which made it easy for me to get my dive certifications in and get a lot of fun dives in between. Last but not least, the staff is excellent - everyone I interacted with was polite, professional, and attentive. I would recommend staying here and plan on staying here again soon!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Mariela W, Front Office Manager at Seagrape Plantation Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Greetings from all Seagrape family and staff!
Thank you for your great review, we look forward to seeing you again!

best wishes!!

Mariela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Humble, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Our experience began when Cleve picked us up at the airport. His infectious laugh and good humor drew us in his open arms and welcomed us to the island of Roatan. We stopped by the grocery store to purchase booze and mixers on the way to Seagrape Plantation Resort. Clevs' wife, Jessica, greeted us and quickly registered us at the resort. Our bungalow had a hammock with a view of the turquoise sea. No phone or TV and cool water shower so if you require those, this is not the place for you. If you want serenity and quiet, this is the place. We immediately donned our snorkel gear and plunged into the awesome underwater world as pristine as we've ever experienced. We recommend Cleve's island tour to soak up some of the island cultural diversity. The West End shops and restaurants are a few minutes walk away. This is a cruise ship stop so avoid the crowds when they are in port. One suggestion is to get your PADi scuba certificate. Reserve 3-4 days to accomplish the training. The dive shop on site boasts a few of the best instructors (we met Tony and Amber) on the island. We checked off one of our bucket list items and found a whole new world underwater. My only regret is that we hadn't done this earlier in life. If life is measured in breaths, this was the experience that took my breath away. We can't wait to scuba dive here again and again. The entire island is surrounded by healthy reef so you can't go wrong. This was our favorite vacation to date.

1 Thank Jane O
Mariela W, Front Office Manager at Seagrape Plantation Resort, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Greetings from Roatan!!

Your review are greatly appreciated, hope to see you soon!

Thank you Bill and Jane!

Best wishes!

Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We stayed with a large mission group of 34 , I cannot say enough good about the Seagrape. Mariela and all the staff were wonderful and helped us with all our arrangements, the rooms were spacious and spotless, the facilities pleasant, and the location just a short walk to west end. They are an excellent dive resort also, as quite a few of our group discovered. A great value, very enjoyable stay and I highly recommend them.

Only suggestion is to serve continental breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Amusick
Mariela W, Front Office Manager at Seagrape Plantation Resort, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Glad to hear your team enjoyed their stay with us! and we will look into the the Continental Breakfast thank you for the suggestion!!

All the best to you Susan!!

Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Awesome place to stay. If you want to drink and party, I recommend looking for a place in town more. If you want great service and peace and quiet, look no further. The resort is a bit rustic and in need of some maintenance here and there, but the grounds and rooms were clean and well kept. The staff is so friendly we wanted to adopt them all. The view from the bungalow decks is awesome. The gazebo is a place to relax and think among the crabs and sounds of crashing waves. No TV, but who cares? No restaurant, but the Hotel next door has a good breakfast. Great tipico. (Honduran typical meal) Ask to feed the white tailed deer they have as well. The main strip is only a five minute walk from the seagrape and was actually enjoyable to walk there. There is Wifi at the hotel section under the patio. The hotel seems newer than the bungalows and in good shape. If you need a tour for anything, ask for Cleve. He is joy personified. This guy is the real deal and you will be blessed by him. Trust me. Our bungalow also had AC which we did not expect. Room was bigger than expected too. A queen and a single. A great stay. We will be back.

Room Tip: Bungalows 1,4,and 5 have a clear view of the sea. Two and three are a bit obstructed by the elevated...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you Sonia, your comments are greatly appreciated! so good to know you had a
good time at Seagrape, hope to see you and Jim again!!

Muchas bendiciones!!

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed May 17, 2014

My husband and I had the most amazing time at Seagrape Plantation Resort to celebrate our honeymoon . Prior to arriving, Mariela was always responsive to my emails and answered any questions that I had. When we arrived at the airport, Cleve was right there waiting for us and offered to take us to the local grocery store to get snacks and other items for our stay. During the ride to the resort he gave us a mini-tour of the island and explained the different areas as we drove by. He is such a warm and charismatic person I felt immediately comfortable and excited to begin our adventure in Roatan. When we arrived to the resort Mariela was there waiting to check us in. The view from our bungalow was breathtaking, and I spent a few afternoons enjoying the scenery from the comfort of our hammock on the patio. Mariela and Jessica were there to help us set up our various excursions, and were super friendly and accommodating. The dive shop was also amazing, Amber and Tony were awesome dive masters, every dive was incredible and got to see some really cool coral, spotted eagle rays, turtles. Not to mention the after dive watermelon which was delicious. The rooms were quite comfortable, a fridge was available and fresh water provided daily.This family run resort is truly a gem of the West End, I would highly recommend this resort to anyone. Thank you again for making this such a memorable trip. I have already started planning my next vacation to Roatan and to Seagrape :)

Side Note: If you would like to get a real taste of the island, I would strongly recommend Cleves Island tour, the best trip of our vacation. We learned so much on the history and various cultures of the island, took some amazing pictures and had delicious local food.

Room Tip: Would definitely recommend the Bungalow, you cant beat the view at sunrise and sunset.
1 Thank Jasmine E
Greetings from all of Seagrape family and staff!!
Thank you Jasmine for your great review, it was nice meeting you and Raymond, we do
look forward to seeing you again!

All the best!!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Seagrape Plantation and Mariela were recommended to me by my friend Ben who owns El Salvador Divers in San Salvador, El Salvador. I was initially leaning toward Anthony's but I am so glad that I choose Seagrape. I was picked up at the airport by Cleve who has to be one of the most enthusiastic and positive people on the planet. His love of life and what he does is absolutely infectious. Mariela in the office was an absolute joy and made me feel right at home. My room and bungalow were spacious an and d clean. The dive shop is fantastic and once again Cleve, as Divemaster, showed the group things underwater that just took your breath away. We saw Spotted Rays, large Groupers and friendly Sea Turtles. I swam right next to a turtle and looked it in the eye and was struck with its intelligence and tranquility. We also saw Green Moray Eels and one even gave me a kiss on the chest. Did I mention the corals, sponges, shipwrecks and swim throughs? Stunning!!! All the staff of the dive shop were courteous and knowledgeable and it was truly a beautiful experience. The fact that the whole operation, both hotel and dive center, are a family run operation makes it that much more special. I can without equivocation recommend Seagrape Plantation to anyone. Did I mention that it is walking distance to the hub of West End where all the restaurants and beaches are? Other resorts are not and you must take taxis. The resort offers scooters for rent as well as guided island tours by Cleve. So go ahead and call Mariela and tell her Henry Alvarez, from California, sent you.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main buildings have cable TV and are closer to the WIFI on the building deck. The bunga...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Mariela W, Front Office Manager at Seagrape Plantation Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you Henry for you great review, I we hope to see you in August!

Grettings from Seagrape family ad Cew!

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

We had a great time diving with this group. The facility was nice with plenty of room to store your gear. An outdoor shower great to use after every dive. The staff was very friendly and helpful! Our two children, ages 12 & 15 got their openwater cert. while we were there. The crew served up watermelon after each dive and that was very refreshing. All in all we had a wonderful time and would definitely dive with Sea Grape if we were to visit Roatan again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Dale for your review, it was nice meeting you and your family, we look
forward to seeing you again!!
Greetings form all the dive shop Crew!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West End
#1 of 5 in French Harbour
The Beach House
The Beach House
#4 of 7 in West End

Been to Seagrape Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!