I have stayed at this property over christmas break in 2013 for a diving trip. First of, from the moment you inquire for availability, the friendliness and hospitality of the staff is just amazing. This is a family-run business and everyone there is so very helpful. Mariela and Jessica in the office go out of their way to make sure that your stay is enjoyable while there is not good enough words to tell about the professionalism, help and enthusiasm the dive shop workers show. I have done a total 11 dives in my short trip there and it was great! Cleve and Tony at the dive shop are amazing guides/teachers. I have already had my certification,so I didn't take classes, so I can't vouch for them myself, however from speaking to people who were taking classes there, the quality of diving education there is pretty good too. The dive shop staff goes out of their way to make sure that your diving experience is great. You only need to show up to dive there, your equipment is always set up, prepared and waiting for you on the boat.
The resort is clean and well-maintained and the rooms were cleaned daily. The location of this resort is great, walking distance to West End, yet in a secluded away from the noise and hustle-bustle of West End.
Overall I really don't have anything negative to say about this place. The only thing that might be is that the Wi-Fi connection wasn't very reliable but the internet connection all over the island seems to be flaky.
One disclaimer/clarification is should give is that, this resort is not on the beach. It's a seaside resort, it's right on the water, but not on the beach. The closest beach is few minutes walk away though. However, if you want a resort right on the beach, this is not it.
I'll definitely recommend this to others. If you want a great diving experience, this place can't be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seagrape Plantation Resort is a Local Family Owned and Operated Resort. It is very relaxed and quiet perfect if you just want to get away from it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Seagrape Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seagrape Plantation Hotel West End
- Seagrape Plantation West End
- Seagrape Plantation Resort Roatan, Honduras - West End