“Very good place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seagrape Plantation Resort

Seagrape Plantation Resort
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in West End
Quebec, Canada
“Very good place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for 5 nights and were really satisfied.
Good : We had a room in the building , and it was very clean, why air conditioning and the tv. The resort is great , beautiful view from the deck beside the pool. The power went off on all west end but everything was still working there. The people working there are really nice too.

Average:The walls are pretty thin so we heard the people next to us but we were lucky since they were not that noisy.

Bad : they charge 20$ gor the ride to the airport , you can bargain with a taxi driver.

We would definitely come back there.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marie-Josée T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is my first review on tripadvisor, but my experience was so awesome that I wanted to post. Seagrape Plantation and dive shop is a family run affair and it shows in the pride and attention that they show their guests, just exceptional. This was my first visit there (5th time to West End though) and I loved it so much that I already booked again for next year. I am a single woman that travels on my own and I felt so safe walking into town from the resort.

The dive crew is also exceptional. The whole team just LOVES what they do and it shows in every aspect of diving, from setting up the gear to chatting about the dive after. Cleve is hands down the best divemaster that I have ever dived with, he gets so genuinely excited for every dive and wants everyone to have a great dive. I just can't say enough good things about this resort. Also to note that the dive shop backs up to the back of the resort so it is a two minute walk to get to the shop that is right on the water, so no lugging tanks across the street and on the beach (which is what is needed for most dive shops in West End).

A plus for me is that there is only sporadic internet in the room, but it is always solid sitting in the chairs right outside the office. So it is forced offline time, and for me that was ideal.

If you are a seasoned traveler looking for a great local experience while still comfortable this is the place. If you are looking for a high end hotel then go to West Bay.

Room Tip: The bungalows are awesome if you can get one. Ask for the quietest room that they have and that will...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dallas city, il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed at Seagrape first week of Dec. all of the staff were very friendly and would go out of their way to talk to you and ask how you were doing. Dive shop is great, they have your equipment ready for you when you get there and rinse when done.Exceptional service and friendliness all through resort

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
El Salvador
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

I just visit the Seagrape plantation resort and dive shop, it was the best experience i have had in my entire life. Cleave, Tony, Rachel, Ricky and everyone there were very kind, friendly and make you feel at home. I am now a certificate PADI open water diver. I highly recommend this place.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We went for a week, all the people from Seagrape are very kind, friendly, always with a smile on their faces. They make you feel at home.
We loved the place, great view, very quiet ideal for people that want to rest.
The dive shop is great, we did 10 dives, the best place we have ever dived. The crew is great, great boat, good equipment.
Thank you Cleve, Tony, Ricky, Rachel, Mariela, Jessica for the great time we had, we hope to go back soon.

Room Tip: Choose a cabin if you want hammock and sea view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I was worried about choosing a hotel on Roatan. My girlfriend was in Honduras for work, and I was scheduled to fly down and meet her for a much needed vacation. Reading through TripAdvisor, there are so many excellent choices. After a days' research, I knew we would be happy with any of my five finalists. While they all eventually returned emails, it was Mariela from Seagrape that responded promptly. And from the email I could sense a warmth and friendliness that prompted me to book before I heard back from anyone else. And I am so glad I did!

We stayed in the coveted bungalow A5. While it was perfect, we would have been happy in any room. They are all excellent. The hammocks, the little gazebo by the water where you can jump in and snorkel among the rocks, the clean, clear pool, a/c, the little fridge, the reliable internet (even from the rooms - mysteriously it seemed to cut off at 9 PM - but it was always available near the office, a quick walk from the room), and the incredibly friendly staff, we loved every minute of our stay. As the other reviewers say, it's a perfect location. Close to town, but not too close!

Mariela and Jessica took care of us. Whatever we needed they were there to help up, and it was evident that they loved working with the guests. Of all out travels, I've never felt as welcome as I did at Seagrape.

Another staff member you will meet in the office or on the dive boat is dive master Cleve. He is a wonderful person and incredibly passionate about Roatan. When he's not leading dives he offers a full day tour of the island. It's fantastic! He'll take you to far off towns, a restaurant/bar only accessible by boat, and even past his old schools and home! It's difficult to say what we loved most about our trip, but Cleve's tour is not to be missed!

And a special word goes out to the incredible staff at the dive shop. Rachel, Tony and Ricky are professional, friendly and so helpful. Calm, diligent and attentive, Tony is an excellent dive master. It was several years since I dove, so I took the refresher course. Captain Ricky and dive master Tony took care of me and never once did I feel out of my depth. With water so warm and clear and such a great crew, I wish I could be back on that boat just for one more dive!

And don't miss the dolphin encounter. Mariela, Jessica or Cleve can arrange a car. :D

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dag_Schield
San Salvador, El Salvador
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is the third time we visit the Seagrape Plantation Resort and it does not cease to amaze me. Cleave, Tony, Rachel and Ricky were amazing at the dive shop and each dive was an unforgetable experience. It's a great place to visit! The people here are amazing and make you feel like family. Will be definitely coming back here in the near future. Highly recomended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
#4 of 7 in West End
Barefoot Cay
Barefoot Cay
#1 of 5 in French Harbour

Been to Seagrape Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!