“Great economical dive spot!”

Seagrape Plantation Resort
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in West End
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Clive and the guys run an awesome operation. I'll be back!
Great location, walking distance from main road in town, so best of both worlds. Quiet away from the party, but easy and quick to get to it. I can't say enough good things about this place and the staff. A+++

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank WizBtraveling

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This family run business is very customer service oriented. All were quite helpful and friendly, and they made our vacation special. The simple bungalows, which are clean and air conditioned, provide drinking water and a hammock near the pool and ocean. The dive shop is on site, and the knowledgeable staff takes one out to beautiful spots three times a day. It is a great value and I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel R
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting and diving with the fantastic crew at Seagrape two weeks ago. I got my open water cert. last year with Tony as my instructor at another local dive shop. And since he works at Seagrape we decided to check them out since the shop we had planned to dive with was closed the week we were there. Since we were staying at Half Moon resort it was only a 5 minute walk to Seagrape. The first thing we came across as we arrived at the dive shop complex was a classroom filled with students and Tony as their instructor. I hope they realize that they had a Diving god as a teacher. Right away we felt as though we had known everyone at Seagrape for years. I just wanted to hang around and visit with everyone all day. I may do that on our next trip. We never had to lift a finger to do anything. All of our gear was cleaned after stored for us after every dive. When it's time the go on a dive all our gear was set up on the boat just waiting for us. The entire group are awesome just to talk to and hang out with. Cleve is just about the most positive and cheerful person I have ever met, and an awesome divemaster. Since we only used Seagrape for diving and did not stay there I cannot comment on the accommodations but judging by the way the diving end of the operation is run I am sure that everything else is outstanding as well. Cold water, juice and fresh fruit was waiting for us after every dive. Seagrape is really a shining example of how every dive shop should be ran.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mariela W, Director de Recepción at Seagrape Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

In behalf of Seagrape dive shop crew, we thank you for great comments!! and we look
forward to seeing you again!!

Staff!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Amazing people on the dive shop! The service is excellent! The equipments are very good and the boats are very confortable! Also they have the best prices and the best people working there! Specially Cleve and Richi!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Glad you enjoyed diving with Seagrape Dive Shop!!
In behalf of the dive shop crew, your comments are greathly appreciated!

Mariela

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We went on an excursion from San Salvador to Roatan and this is the hotel the tour company chose. The room was a bit outdated but that didn't bother me. The room was clean, the AC was wonderful and the location was great! We could literally walk to West End and check out what was going on. When we waked back late at night and had no problems as we felt safe. If you're looking to sleep on budget, in a clean, air conditioned place with an excellent location, than this is your spot. They have diving packages as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Mariela W, Front Office Manager at Seagrape Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Love your comments!
Greetings from all the staff!

Mariela

Reviewed April 30, 2013

It was good karma and a little luck that I wound up here for my first stay in West End and did my PADI Dive Certification with their dive shop. On West End, it doesn't take long to see and know that at Seagrape Resort, you are staying at, and with, the BEST. Really and truly, everything about Seagrape is AMAZING, the resort itself, the Dive Shop and their entire staff. This resort is a welcomed 5-10 min. walk to the 'strip', away from the noise and crowds - a peaceful and beautiful oasis - nicely tucked away on the sea in a lush landscape of bright flowers, hammocks, a pool and smiles. We LOVED being a 5-10 strol from the hustle and bustle, as it's a beautiful and welcomed walk after a meal. After diving or the beach, you can unwind in their beautiful pool (maybe the only one on West End), or read, work, or eat under one of their gazebos, a nice respite from the sun. Another special feature of Seagrape are the beachfront bungalows, and I had an equally wonderful stay in both a large room in one of the main hotels as well as the bungalow, all of which have an incredible view of the sea and a private deck with hammock and chairs. The dive shop is a hidden gem, private, professional, and upbeat and FUN! They provide complimentary refreshing fresh fruit, juices and cookies at the shop and on the boats, and have all of the guys help with all of your gear. After a quick walk along the other hotels and dive shops, you quickly see the huge benefits of Seagrape Dive Shop - the other shops on the strip will have you darting cars and crowds in the street with your equipment, showering while people watch you while they eat their lunch. Seagrape Dive Shop is private, tucked away on the water. You'll grab your gear then walk 10 feet to a boat! I enjoyed my stay and the staff so much at Seagrape that I decided to return, extending my stay following a stint in West Bay and Cayos Chochinos. Everyone on their staff is SO friendly, kind, welcoming, accommodating, and happy - from Mariela & Jessica in reception, to Cleve, Rachael, Tony, Ricki & Haisan in the Dive Shop, Tasha & Sandra housekeeping to the smiling, and waving groundskeeper - EVERYONE is happy to be there and happy you are, too. Whenever I return to West End for fun and diving, this is where I will stay.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a little romance, get a beachfront bungalow - each has private deck, chair...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Your comments are greatly appreciated!!

Seagrape Staff!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I've been diving with sea grape for four years now. Customer service is great. They treat you like family and take care of your needs. You are off the crazy west end strip so peaceful boats good. Tony has faith in experienced divers and lets you dive to your desires. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed: April 2013

Seagrape and all the staff thank you for your comments!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West End
#1 of 5 in French Harbour
Lands End
Lands End
#6 of 9 in West End

Been to Seagrape Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!