“Close yet tranquil, great staff, breathtaking views”
Review of Cocolobo

Cocolobo
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in West End
Reviewed June 30, 2014

When I go back to Roatan, I will stay in the Cocolobo--for sure!
My girlfriend and I stayed in the Port Royal room for a week, and it was perfect. Large, clean, bugless, optional a/c, t.v. if you need it, hot water, wonderful views, close to the pool/lobby area with an honor bar :), pretty quiet and free drinking water around the property. Krystal and the staff are kind and helpful. Breakfast is quite delish and diverse each morning. I enjoyed my hammock and sunsets. I just need to figure out how to teleport back to Cocolobo right now!

Room Tip: If you stay in a 2nd floor room, you will not hear little feet walking above you :)
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jess512

Reviewed June 23, 2014

What a wonderful stay again. Krystal makes the place an inviting and fun place to be. The staff is wonderful and the grounds are gorgeous...the main building lends itself to getting to know the other guests if they are so inclined and we have made many friends during our stays.
The location is fantastic and a short walk to West End and all of the great restaurants, shops and the many first class dive shops.
The rooms are clean and comfortable, the pool and main areas are inviting and the sunsets are some of the best on the island. A great big thumbs up for my husband and myself..

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue M
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Spent a week at the Cocolobo in West End and had a great time. I really liked the location because it was a quick 5-10 minute walk to the restaurants and dive shops, but far enough removed so that it was quiet. The rooms were spacious and clean. The back deck overlooking the ocean provided a nice hammock to relax on and have a beer after diving. The honor system bar was a great place to meet up with other vacationers at the Cocolobo. Krys, Heidi, and the rest of the staff are all very helpful and accommodating - I really enjoyed meeting them. Overall, a great value.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Clint D
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed in June 2011. Ended up staying here for the last two nights of our honeymoon, absolutely loved it. The rooms were super nice with a romantic feel. Amazing view, comfy bed, nice AC. Quick walk in to town which was nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank triphos
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We recently stayed at Cocolobo on a week long dive trip in West End. The facility is beautiful and very rustic. We had a 2nd floor room and listening to the ocean hit the shore every night was so relaxing. It wasn't possible to leave doors open because of the Mosquitos, but would have loved to do that. We decided not to run the A/C during our stay. As long as there was air moving - not a problem.

We had a wonderful breakfast each morning. Heidi is a gem!!!! We weren't able to meet Krys (she was on vacation), but met a couple of the owners who were there. Sally and David were great and took care of us well. Enjoyed the many visits out in the common area.

A couple of things that were disappointing......1) there were no wash cloths, 2) we dealt with bugs, which I expected, but have a hard time with roaches, and 3) the linens weren't changed during our week. I was surprised at the lack of daily housekeeping (it was very minimal).

Aside from the small disappointments, our stay was wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Agree with all the rave reviews. Easy walk to West End, very nice facilities looking out onto the ocean, great service. And here are more characters to meet the absurd minimum needed to submit a review.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I spent 2 weeks in early May at Cocolobo. I traveled solo. Cocolobo is located a 5 minute walk away from the main street of West End. I walked alone at all times of the day and even late night and never felt uncomfortable. Krys the manager was away on vacation for most of my stay, but one of the owners, Sally, was there to take care of things. Sally was very helpful and attentive to the guests' needs, and she also happened to be delightfully good company! I loved every aspect of my stay at Cocolobo. The common areas were great to meet fellow travelers, hang out at the bar or at the pool with a nice cool drink after diving or beaching all day. Thank you so much, all of you at Cocolobo, I will be back!

Room Tip: All rooms are awesome. Top floor rooms have better ocean view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Mayoka Boutique Hotel
Mayoka Boutique Hotel
#3 of 5 in Sandy Bay
Seagrape Plantation Resort

Been to Cocolobo? Share your experiences!