Cocolobo
The Beach House(West End)
$175
  • Breakfast included
Splash Inn Dive Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
$74
Seagrape Plantation Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
$75
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Los Corales(West End)(Great Value!)
$48
Travelocity
Lands End(West End)(Great Value!)
$55
$53
Sueno Del Mar Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
$79
$76
Agoda.com
Half Moon Resort(Roatan)(Great Value!)
$105
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
$262
Orbitz.com
Mariposa Lodge(West End)
TripAdvisor
Villagio Verde(West End)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsother guestshonor systemhot plateevery morningminute walkhot breakfastcoco loborooms are largehonor baryogurtlaid backwest bayocean viewplace to staywest end diversrooms are greatbanana pancakes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to Roatan for President's Day weekend. We spent the first part of our trip in West Bay and then finished up in the West End. In hindsight, I wish we would have spent our whole trip staying in West Bay at Cocolobo. Krys was absolutely amazing - she went above and beyond to help us out and answer any questions we might have. She greeted us so warmly upon our arrival that we felt right at home. Breakfast in the mornings was simple but always delicious. I loved the honor system they have for drinks "after hours". It was simply a great stay and much more preferable to the bigger resorts in West Bay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 643nicoled
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My first time traveling to Roatan. Cocolobo was a good choice. Krys, the young lady who runs the place arranged for a taxi to pick me up from the airport (and drop off). The rooms were clean and property was well maintained. Clean drinking water was right outside the room. The daily breakfast was just right before a day of diving. There was cereal, juice, and Ms. Heidi cooked a different hot plate each day. They have an honor system for the bar, which works well. Sundays, they had nice BBQ which was well prepared. Krys was very helpful giving advice throughout the week and made sure everything ran well. Cocolobo is located a short walk from all the dive shops, restaurants, and bars. Overall, a nice place to stay. I would stay there again.

raul

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank RXF13
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Before I got to the island I was a little worried that I might have made a mistake staying in West End instead of West Bay, but by the end of my trip I was so thankful I chose Cocolobo. It isn't on the beach, but you can hear the waves against the rocks every night as you sleep. The bathrooms are a little old, but overall the rooms are beautiful and the showers are fairly sizable. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. I met up with my wife and we both found the hotel very romantic, far enough from West End to be quite, but close enough to get wherever we needed to go.

As for rooms, I initially stayed in Port Royal, a double bed room on the northeastern side, which was beautiful. I wanted a king, but I'm so glad I got this location. The view was fantastic, and it was a little more secluded that the room I moved to later, Flowers. Flowers is also has a great view, but I think I prefer the NE rooms to the SW rooms. They aren't too different in the end and I'm sure whatever room you get will be amazing.

If you want a man-made, expensive resort, then look towards the crowded beaches of West Bay (we had friends stay at Infinity Bay, which looked nice, but busy and overpriced), but if you want a beautiful tropic paradise and a personal and friendly experience, I would highly recommend Cocolobo. I hope my wife and I can come back again some day.

Room Tip: The bar/pool area isn't too loud, but it starts to get a little busy in the morning with breakfast, which may be distracting since you'll probably have the windows open (the temperature is amazing even without A/C). If you want to sleep in or if you're with your significant other, you may want one of the outside rooms that don't face this area.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chase C
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The staff at Cocolobo are second to none. The Manager Krys would do anything in her power to ensure that her guests have the best stay possible. Pick up and drop off at the airport, excursions and activities or just letting everyone know what was happening in town on any particular day. The views are picturesque and second to none. I will miss falling asleep to the crashing waves and waking up to a beautiful view of the coastline and ocean. After all...isn't that one of the reasons we like to visit paradise.

The beds were super comfortable, the breakfast was always fresh and tasty and I have found that places like this always bring the best out in people. Will definitely be back again!

Thank you Cocolobo...you were exactly what I needed!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank reddive
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We spent two weeks in one of the 10 super clean spacious rooms at Cocolobo. All the hotel rooms have stunning ocean views. The hotel has everything you need. It's a super short walk to all of West End, but just far enough away to be out of the hustle and bustle. The rooms are beautifully designed for cross ventilation to take advantage of the ocean breeze and sound of the surf (though there's AC available if you want it). Each room has a fridge, and big jugs of filtered water are always available. The manager Krys, and Heidi and the rest of the ladies who cook breakfast and clean the rooms will make you feel like you're staying with friends rather than another customer. We enjoyed out stay so much my husband is already picking out dates to make another trip. P.S. The diving in Roatan right now is some of the best in the Caribbean!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms! All have an ocean view and a big veranda. We sure loved the view from the second floor though!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple