Cocolobo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lands End(West End)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
The Beach House(West End)
  • Breakfast included
Villagio Verde(West End)
Mayoka Lodge(Sandy Bay)
View Hotel
All reviewsother guestshonor systemhot plateevery morningminute walkhot breakfastcoco loborooms are largehonor baryogurtlaid backwest bayocean viewplace to staywest end diversrooms are greatbanana pancakes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our stay at Cocolobo was short but memorable. It's tucked away a bit removed from town but still within a comfortable walking distance. There is an ocean view, a small little pool surrounded by trees but also has a view, and the rooms, although simple, are comfortable and functional. The bed was comfortable and the showers were hot. The secluded nature of the place while also having that ocean front property makes it feel like a bit of an oasis. The trees swish in the wind and you can hear the waves crashing as you sleep. Breakfast was good and included in the price. The staff is present and friendly. We stayed at a few places at this price point in West End and I think it was the most comfortable.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
RoatanKrys, General Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for reviewing Cocolobo! I hope you will be back in the future!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I were recently married and had our honeymoon in Honduras. The first 6 nights we decided to stay on Roatan and primarily chose Cocolobo because of the great reviews on Tripadvisor. Every aspect of our stay in Roatan was great and a large part of that was due to staying at Cocolobo and all of the help that Krys provided during our stay there.

Even before we arrived, Krys went above and beyond to help plan our trip. I decided at the last minute that I wanted to have a surprise wedding ceremony and Krys arranged everything for me. She recommended a boat tour of the island thru Bay Islands Adventures (who were also fantastic) which she went on with us. Krys secretly packed a dress for my wife and a change of clothes for me. She arranged for the boat captain to perform a simple ceremony on Pigeon Cay. Bouquet, cake, everything. Krys even took pictures. I didn't have to do a thing (which is probably a good thing for my wife).

She recommended different restaurants and the transportation all over the island for us. She arranged a massage for my wife as well.

The room itself was great, we had a beautiful ocean view from our patio. The honor bar is awesome, it was a great place for us to meet the other guests that were staying there. The breakfasts every morning were fantastic.

While we found some aspects of our stay in Roatan (and Honduras as a whole) a little bit over priced (specifically some of the restaurants), Cocolobo was not one of them.

(As a point of comparison, the remaining 3 nights we chose to stay on the mainland, in the rainforest, at a place that is billed as a 'luxury resort'. The rooms were not as nice, the staff was not as good and the complimentary breakfast was inferior. All of this for 3 TIMES THE COST of Cocolobo. Needless to say, we wish we would have skipped that part of the trip and stayed in Roatan at Cocolobo.)

I would really have to nitpick to think of some negatives, so I won't. Our stay at Cocolobo was a great experience and we can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
RoatanKrys, Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you so much for the kind review Mitchell and Kayla!!

I truly enjoyed having you two honeymooners at Cocolobo! I appreciated being part of your ceremony on the beach!!

I hope to see you both back here for some more relaxation, drinking, eating and boating!!!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was our first trip to Roatan, and we went in with high expectations of a magical island with so much to offer. Our expectations were rightly justified , and Cocolobo - the place and the staff made it all happen.

We are experienced snorkelers and non-divers and we were wanting to try it out for our first time.
Krys was super helpful in telling us what to expect and where to go for our first dive. She also had great suggestions for snorkeling as well as good food (she called us the "foodies").

Our flights got all messed up and at the last minute we had to stay 2 extra nights, and Krys was amazing - super responsive, went out of her way to help out - and most importantly - became great friends with us. Every evening we would hang out by the honor-system bar and have great conversation and meet new people and exchange stories.

On multiple nights we went out partying/dancing/socializing with Krys and her friends Tom, Sarah, and other guests from the hotel. The owners of the hotel were there from England for christmas vacation and we were made to feel like part of their family - it was amazing. My wife was not feeling well, and Krys was so helpful - she gave us all the meds and the "devices" we needed and by the end of the trip, my wife was cured! We had a fabulous time, and when we return to Roatan, we would stay at the Cocolobo in a heartbeat.

Why is Cocolobo better than other hotels in the area:
- Fantastic location - west end main town is only 3 minute walk
- Very spacious rooms
- Excellent staff and service
- Great ocean views and breeze at night - the Lily Pond for example pales in comparison
- Very well facilitated rooms
- Great hammocks outside the room
- Great balcony to hang out
- Drinking water available everywhere on the property

There is no in-room wifi - which initially bugged me - but it was actually a great way to come down to the bar (where there is wifi) and chat with everyone.

The beds in the room are massive, but the mattress is slightly hard, which for us took a while getting used to - we had a couple of sleepless nights.

If I had to give one suggestion to the management - my suggestion would be to employ a good chef so that lunch and dinners can be made special there - the space is there, the kitchen is there, the view is there. Great food in Roatan is sometimes hard to find, and there is a big untapped opportunity here.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Politilly which is an amazing room for 2 reasons: 1. Great view and ocean breeze 2. At the balcony one is able to get wifi :)
1  Thank yummytravel

Thank you so much for the great review Akshay and Shama!! aka my foodies!!

I really enjoyed all the fun, laughter, dancing and chats during your trip!! Hopefully, I will see you back here in the future!! Please post some of your photos from your trip...I am sure you got some great ones of food etc.

Have a great time in Miami!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Thanks to Krystal for a fabulous Christmas in Roatan!
Our family of 6 just returned from a laid back, stress free vacation. Accommodations, location, scenery, activities all top notch!
Half Moon Bay and the neighbouring beaches provided lots of down time plus options for activities for all of us.
The water taxi made getting around easy.
Cocolobo is a short walk into town where we had great restaurants and bars to keep us fed and watered.
We will be back!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you Colleen!!

I truly enjoyed your family and look forward to your next stay in a few months :)

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Just returned from a week at Cocolobo. Amazing! Krys could not have been more helpful, informative and fun! My girlfriend and I were there for Christmas. We were lucky enough to have an owner of Cocolobo and her family there at the time. What luck! They were kind enought to invite us for Christmas dinner, a huge barbeque as the sun set over the water right in front of us. Very memorable.The rooms were large and excellent. All rooms faced the ocean westward, so the sunsets were spectacular. Waking up to the sounds of the waves lapping the shore was just so special and relaxing. In fact the whole experience was relaxing. Breakfasts were great. Gathering for cocktails in the open air lobby at sunset was a nightly ritual for all the guests, which made for easy conversation and information exchanges (dinner spots, island adventures, etc...). The snorkling, steps away, was first rate. And for fishers, offshore fishing starts about half a mile offshore and is $75 per hour (bargain!). The inshore (flats) fishing is unpressured. The day that we went we were the only boat on all of the flats we went to. Bonefish and many Permit. Also very reasonable prices. No real DIY opportunities though, but well worth brining your fly rod. All in all, this was a wonderful experience, and we will return. I would not stay anywhere else. THANK YOU Krys, Tom, Sally, Rory, Claire, Heidi and the whole gang! Yes, Lyra too!

Room Tip: Email Krys for taxi rates before you arrive. If you know the correct rates they are really inexpensive.
2  Thank ProvidenceRob
RoatanKrys, Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you Rob and Kaleigh for being such wonderful guests and for the kind review!! I know we (Sally, Family and I) all really enjoyed getting to know you both! From playing games to eating fabulous food, I truly enjoyed spending time with you two so please hurry back! Hope to see you down here soon and I will work on getting the fly fishing lodge information for you!

All the best and Happy New Year!