Posada Las Orquideas
Splash Inn Dive Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
$74
Cocolobo(West End)(Great Value!)
$150
$95
  • Breakfast included
Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments(West End)(Great Value!)
$58
$56
Hostelworld.com
Sueno Del Mar Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
$50
$49
$60
  • Beachfront
Seagrape Plantation Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
$75
$70
  • Breakfast included
Lands End(West End)(Great Value!)
$49
$48
Sea Breeze Inn(West End)(Great Value!)
$40
  • Restaurant
Posada Arco Iris(West End)(Great Value!)
$85
$57
The Beach House(West End)
$175
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgas stoveparty scenetop floorthird floorminute walkquiet locationwest baytaxi boatgreat propertybeds were comfortableroom was cleaned dailynice place to staysmall kitcheninternet connectionmini fridgeisland tourdive shop
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We had a kitchen room (fridge, stove, crockery etc) with a private balcony- complete with hammock! After opening the windows the room got a good crosswind and was cooler at night with the fans. Great location close to the main street but far enough to be quiet.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Accomodationd tends to be expensive in Roatan. This place offered a great value for money. The location is ok, a medium walk to the center and not very spectacular beach where you can use loungers for free at their other hotel. There were a lot of sand flees during our stay. The west bay beach is MUCH nicer so just take the taxi boat there. We started in a studio with kitchen but soon found out that groceries are actually more expensive then going out for dinner so we soon changed to a regular room. The outside area is lovely. I don't think it's worth paying extra for the top rooms, view is the same. It can get very windy at night. Service was bad, front desk girl was totaly uninterested.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I agree with the other reviews - the 3rd floor corner is the best. It has the most windows and at times the wind can be intensely refreshing! Also in agreement with the other reviews; the place is clean and a real value when compared to the other places in West End. The space itself feels inviting, very comfortable.
I have a few stupid complaints that are really mountains formed from mole hills. There's no salt and pepper. Try cooking just one meal without it and you'll know why the complaint. I know what you're thinking and no- you cannot purchase S&P for under $5 in West End. I left a set of shakers and I hope they leave them in the apartment.
There is no way to dispense water from the giant 5 gallon water cooler bottle you can purchase from the front desk. It's just a really heavy pain in the butt until it's empty enough to just be a pain in the butt. A simple spout would have sufficed.
Also, the full sized bed in the top floor corner apartment has seen better days. I could feel every spring. It was so obnoxious, I opted to sleep not with my husband, but in the twin sized bed next to it because it was a little better.
I know it sounds nitpicky, but these ever so small details are the difference between 4 and 5 stars. Still good, but also really easy to make better.

Room Tip: Bring salt and pepper and a radio. It's quite and bland otherwise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heatherjwalter
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed here as part of a larger tour of Central America, and this was one of the best places we stayed (which perhaps doesn't say much, as we were very much a budget group). Nice big rooms, super comfy beds, hammocks and private deck- very very good for budget accommodation. Plus, the best part for us travelers used to hanging out in the lobbies of scary hotels - WIFI in the rooms.

Word to the wise though-DO NOT go swimming, especially skinny dipping in the bay at the back of the hotel. The majority of my group were covered in jelly fish stings for the rest of the trip after a midnight dip.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank kenicholas
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Posada Las Orquideas is a beautiful wooden building with pristine new bathrooms and beautiful rooms with balconies overlooking Mangrove Bight. It is perfectly clean. Our room had a small fridge and stove, as well as a few dishes and cutlery. They don't spoil you with anything else - you get only 2 bath towels and 1 hand towel per day, no foot towel. Some soap, but no shampoo or anything else - bring your own. There is no food of any kind sold or served. I was OK with all these things, as we did bring our own toiletries and bought fruit and snacks to keep in the fridge. WiFi works only in the courtyard (we were on the 3rd floor), but it does work well there, I was able to video-skype. Again - when you're on vacation, it's actually nice to get a break from the internet.

The sunrise views from the room were spectacular, and our room was big enough to do yoga. I loved that our hotel was located in this peaceful part of the village. But it is accessed by a dirt road, and after rainfall it is MUDDY and takes several days to dry. You need some water shoes or rain boots to get around it. I really hope soon the hotels there will pool resources and improve the road with a little gravel. Another important benefit of staying in this hotel is that you can use beach chairs at Posada Arco Iris on Half Moon Bay AND chairs and umbrellas at the Argentinian Grill in West Bay. We definitely took advantage of that.

I was surprised by several comments in the reviews about feeling unsafe on the walk back at night. I never felt that way. The walk is very beautiful and peaceful, past private homes or guest houses, the latter of which have night time security guards. One of them would shine a flashlight for us when we walked back in the dark.

Also several people mentioned that the "receptionist" in the little office isn't friendly. That is true, but only in the sense that she doesn't really smile, seems shy and not very eager to talk to guests. I'm not a fan of smalltalk myself, so I was perfectly OK with that. Whenever we needed anything she helped us. Never was anyone rude or unpleasant.

I would love to come back to this hotel again. I didn't see anything else in West End that looked much better.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple