we just came back from our vacation on Roatan, we stayed at Sueno del Mar. The hotel bring about the best balance between price and quality. Rooms are clean, air conditioning works, fridge works, ceiling fan works. Toilet flushes and all the lights were on when we switch them on. Bed sheets were clean and changed daily. Breakfasts were great, and one has to appreciate the early service if you plan on morning dive. Wi-Fi coverage is a bit short because this is a concrete building, so if you really need a solid signal, your best bet would be restaurants and bars in West End. Now, perhaps the best part about Sueno del Mar is the location and architecture of the building itself. I like West End, but it is a very busy area, with food services and shops and dive shops all in one place. Sueno is located in such way that you are secluded on your own very private beach with beautiful sand, while you are only a 3 minute walk to all the beau monde of West End. Now, the best part is HUGE balcony overlooking the sea and the beach, with hammock and coffee table and chairs. We spend about half of our time chilling out on the balcony. Diving operation at Sueno del Mar is also great, we did open water courses during our stay. Later on when we tried some other dive shops we had a chance to appreciate a good and efficient set up at Sueno, all is very close, briefing area, equipment and dock are literally just steps away. Most of the time diving was happening in really small groups. Drift dive at Texas dive site was particularly great, memorable experience. Stewart and Rodger are great and experienced instructors and we had a lot of fun and became certified (and certifiable :)). All-in-all I give Sueno del Mar solid 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Included with the rooms are airport transfers, breakfast,snorkeling. We installed a generator March of 2007 to deal with the current electric problems.Single price is $79 plus tax a night, doubles $89 plus tax. Dive packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Sueno Del Mar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sueno Del Mar Hotel West End
- Sueno Del Mar Resort Roatan, Honduras - West End