I've stayed at Sueno the past 3 years in a row, and I have written 2 other reviews. I have little to add to those, and reviews by others seem to capture the essence of this resort: small, quiet, right on the sandy beach, clean, and quite reasonably priced. In West End there are only 3 hotels that are actually on the beach and just a few that are rated higher than Sueno. So I thought I would compare Sueno to other resorts on that part of the island. Cocolobo, Lands End, and Seagrape are on iron shore, so they don't have beach. The Beach House is a lot more expensive and in the noisy middle of town. Splash Inn, Arco Iris, and Chillies are across the road from the water and very much in the noisy part as well. No one wants to patronize Crystal Beach, for obvious reasons. Sueno offers a free generous breakfast, but at Seagrape you have to hike out for breakfast. Sueno sits across the water from the Blue Channel snorkel/dive site, my favorite on the western part of the island.
Sueno has 4 kayaks at last count, but this year I just swam out to the reef every day, and it seemed easy. Half of it is across grass until you arrive at the sandy channel. My first day out there I saw 3 eagle rays swimming in. Then 2 turtles. And then a stingray in the grass led me home. The channel is a great place to see rays. The porches have hammocks, and I made good use of them as I worked my way through their greatly expanded paperback library. Can't get more relaxed than that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Included with the rooms are airport transfers, breakfast,snorkeling. We installed a generator March of 2007 to deal with the current electric problems.Single price is $79 plus tax a night, doubles $89 plus tax. Dive packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Sueno Del Mar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sueno Del Mar Hotel West End
- Sueno Del Mar Resort Roatan, Honduras - West End