“Great small quaint affordable place!”

Sueno Del Mar Resort
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in West End
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have gone here for four years and love it here. This is a unique, a bit rustic place that we feel like it is home. Rooms are a good size with a choice for number of beds in the room, a coffeemaker(you have to request it) and a small fridge. No telephones or TVs in the room but who needs this on holidays. When we stayed, rates included breakfast each morning but ask if this is still in effect.
It is located at a quiet end of West End but is only a 3 - 5 minute walk to the "downtown" area of West End.
Downstairs is a great small bar "Tita's Pink Seahorse" that you can go hangout at the end of the day and exchange stories. You can go for lunch too - best burgers on the island and when it is served, the ceviche is #1 in my books.
I recommend this place and give it a thumbs up.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We spent here our week vacation in Roatan, with our 7 years old daughter.
The place is frequented by divers but it's nice also fir snorkeleres like we are. Position is ideal in West End, near to the centre where all restaurants are, but out of the main crowd and noise. The reef in front is not close to the beach, but can be reached in 10 minutes slow swim. However, a free ride on the divers boat is granted, and the boat is leaving 2-3 times per day.
Rooms and beds are confortable and spotlessly clean, although some noise might come from guests at Tita's bar (but when you have a 7 years old girl you are retiring a bit early, I fear).
What is making a difference is Ray, really taking care of his guests and always available for any request or for suggestions.
We were all sick during our stay and we could not see much of Roatan: whenever should we decide to come back for a second chance, this will be our place to stay again, for sure!

Room Tip: Rooms 101 and 201 are slightly wider.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2013

What a great place right on the beach, Tita and Alyson were awesome would definitely stay there again and while visiting the West End don't forget to visit Tita's Cafe for an afternoon cocktail or one of Tita's great sandwiches or maybe join in and play volleyball in the late afternoon. I'm not a diver but I here Ray is an awsome dive captain and if you enjoy a great cigar stop by the West End Cigar Bar amd say hi to Rick

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Delightfuldeedee
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I really loved this place!
Trustworthy staff, Ray (the owner) is great and very helpful!
I was supposed to spend just a few days before going to Utila, but ended up staying a few days more and came back after my trip to Utila (diving is better here, than in Utila).
I'm an dive instructor and was really pleased with the diving: dive center right on location, very short boat trips, dive sites are nice (lots of turtles!), great dive guides (instructors).
Location is great: walking distance from lost of bars and restaurants, safe area (but lots of tourists).
Onsite restaurant/beach bar: Tita (the owner) is nice and has cool local and expats friends hanging out there sometimes. Great place to have a bite in between dives.

Room Tip: Leaving the balcony doors open is great for the sea breeze especially if you don't need aircon...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We did not stay at the resort but rather booked an excursion with the dive shop. While we had a great time with the group, I felt they were a bit unorganized in terms of time management.

We were traveling aboard Carnival Legened and the driver was 40mins late picking us up - we also had limited time (about 6 hours to be back on the ship). the drive to from port was 30mins each way.

Once we got to the shop, the experienced divers got situated and drove off, while the discovery group stayed behind for the classroom lecture. Then we were waiting for about 40mins for the boat to come back and pick us up - seemed like a colassal waste of time!!

The snorkeling was fun and the discovery guys enjoyed their lesson.

They made sure we were back to the dive shop and in the car back to our port ON TIME!

I would recommend them, but they really need to get organized in terms of time management...

If the group has a few snorkelers and some divers, I recommend the snorkerlers do a different excursion separate from divers to get better feedback. I also recommend maybe giving snorkelers ffood to feed the fish so they get a better experience.

Ray, Roger etc were all extremely knowledgable and helpful.

We got to see a lionfish that the divemaster killed! that was awesome!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We did not stay at the hotel, but all left saying if we had it to do over again we would have stayed here (Ray, Steph, Dave & everyone so great!). Happened upon this dive resort when we asked our amazing cook on the island, Lisa Morgan, where we could find small dive groups and she told us her husband, Stuart Morgan was the instructor here. So glad we asked, diving and instruction with Stuart was superb and so personal.Tita's Pink Seahorse Beach Bar on site became our second home. Gave me an unforgettable birthday celebration and left our entire party feeling the fire to get back here! To all of our new friends in Roatan - thanks for being such amazing hosts!!!!

Room Tip: Love that this is a more adult hotel, only my personal opinion but if you have young kids this is no...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed for 7 days and got both my open water and advanced open water certification. The rooms are nice and spacious with desk,in room safe, fan and A/C. Nice balcony with couple chairs and hammock. A short walk away from downtown in quieter area. The dive shop is downstairs with the dock right in front of the hotel, no need to drag your diving equipment across the street like those other places. Stu, the diving instructor was totally awesome. I would return just so I could dive with him again. Tita's Pink Seahorse is a great place to relax and grab a bite to eat. She's so friendly, she makes everyone feel like they're family.

Only reasons I didn't give it a 5 star was that the safe in my room wasn't working and never got fixed while I was there and that we only ever had one kind of fruit at breakfast. Also, wireless Internet was available but only if I stood outside on the porch, would've been nice to be able to use from my room.

Overall, great place, would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Better view from 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Hotel Los Corales
Hotel Los Corales
#9 of 9 in West End
Clarion Suites Roatan at Pineapple Villas

Been to Sueno Del Mar Resort? Share your experiences!