Lands End
Splash Inn Dive Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
$74
Sueno Del Mar Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
$85
$76
The Beach House(West End)
$175
Cocolobo(West End)
$88
  • Breakfast included
Seagrape Plantation Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
$75
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Los Corales(West End)(Great Value!)
$50
$48
Travelocity
Half Moon Resort(Roatan)(Great Value!)
$65
  • Restaurant
$611
Travelocity
Villagio Verde(West End)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Mariposa Lodge(West End)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe salt water poolocean frontinfinity poolland's end resortshort walkgreat drinkswest baymonkey lalalaid backhalf moon bayevery morningbring bug spraybreakfast was includedcan't wait to go backplace is greatcommon areasbeautiful ocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2010

May 27, 2010- June 5, 2010. This was our 3rd trip to Roatan and oh what fun, it was our best trip there yet! We stayed at Lands End 4 years ago. Adi and his niece Eva who is helping for the next several months, were our ever gracious and hillarious hosts. The resort has undergone a transformation from our last visit. The king room we stayed in was spacious, clean and it had a new air conditioner that made those hot late afternoon post diving showers a real pleasure. Mercedes made us breakfast in mornings, (included with the room), always with a pleasant smile and ease. The eating area was new from our last visit and is a great addition to an already idyllic spot. Joe our bartender was very entertaining and we met some great locals and travelers while sipping refreshing rum drinks at the bar and hanging in the negative edge salt water pool at sunset. We took a late night dip in the pool when the resort was quiet and dark with the bioluminescent algae providing a spectacular light show. Adi took great care of us. He's a hard working and conscientious host who will try to meet your every need and request. It was hard to leave this nirvana. Lands End, in our opinion, is the very best place to stay in West End. We love the resort, the people and the laughter.

We dove everyday with Tyll's Dive Shop who took great care of us too. We have dove with them every trip and highly recommend them. For more comments, please see our post on scubaboard.com

With tears in our eyes we left for the airport discussing when we would make our way back.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We chose to return to Lands End a second time because we love it! This place sits up a gentle hill from the bay and just at the edge of the open sea on the coral reef. Access to the water is just a step down with gorgeous sea life and crystal clear water. For the snorkeler there are shallow areas with many smaller species of colorful creatures as well as deeper pools with sea turtles and other larger fish. Twice during morning coffee dolfins swam right through the area we would snorkel. The outdoor living area is very spacious and still has a feeling of intimacy with soft lights at night. The bar/pool area extends on from the larger lounge area and has a comfortable and welcome feeling. We always enjoyed taking the sandy path that winds through the trees and down past little cabins and cottages to West End Village. Brightly colorful flowers seem to be blooming everywhere. The village sits alongside of the ocean on a little bumpy sandy road, there are all kinds of interesting little places to eat or drink. The pace is easy and we were always treated with friendliness and kindness. When we were finished with the bustle of the village we enjoyed getting back to Lands End. There is a freshness about the place with the sea breezes and oddly no biting bugs. The breakfast each morning prepared by Mercedes was delicious and hearty and always included fresh pineapples, mangos, melons and papayas! Adi is personal with his guests, he takes the time and effort to see to your needs and care for your stay. Ava and Mercedes were always gracious and sweet and ready to help you with whatever you asked for. Gorgeous fresh flowers in our room and out in the lounge. Absolutely loving the rich, dark Honduran coffee i brought home with me. I was sad to leave. Thanks to all of you!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bdoll2go
Reviewed May 11, 2010

I LOVED the Land's End. It was truly more than I could have even imagined. I don't even know where to begin so I will begin with the staff may be the most helpful in the world. You arrive and the place is just perfect. Low music playing, smiling faces from Adi, Mercedes and Eva and you sit and have a drink under the giant cabana and look out at the Caribbean. Our cab driver overcharged us and so Adi called a contact and actually took me to the airport to get $15 dollars back from the cab driver (incidentally I also got to go the grocery store with Adi to get supplies and that was a unique experience as well). Back at the hotel, Mercedes cooked up some wonderful fish and calamari and we swam in the infinity pool enjoying the never-ending supply of Port Royal (this place has everything you could want to drink!). They also have rescued deer that live on the premises and they give you kisses=) The room that we had was the ocean view room on the bottom. It was large, clean, well -kept, and had wonderful light and a wonderful view. This room is all that any traveler should ever need, but it might be worth saying for the more luxury demanding travelers that this is still Honduras a third world country. These rooms are incredibly nice and well appointed but it is also more simple than the Ritz. Either way it was absolutely perfect. The only two negatives (if you can call them that) were that the bed was a bit hard and the bottom floors are susceptible to hearing the guests above you walking around. My friend LOVED the bed because she likes hard beds so it was perfect to her - I just happen to like soft beds so I don't really think this is a negative.

Adi and Eva are excellent hosts and lovely to chat with! I had to call Adi at eleven PM because I got stuck in the West Bay (take a taxi before 10 pm guys) and he was able to give me the number of a drier who was still working! He also spent a long time making phone calls driving to find a captain who would take my friend and I to the Cayos Cocinos because his regular guy was not available. Basically, they try to make your stay as wonderful as possible and can provide you with pretty much anything that you ask for if you ask in time. They also sell bug spray and other things at the hotel so in theory you would never have to leave. I love beans so they made sure that I could have beans with my breakfast everyday even though that is not normal=)

All in all it was absolutely perfect - oh and they also have the best sunsets on the island I think. I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2010

Land's End is the best place to stay in Roatan. Best location, best view, best sun sets, best bar, best food, best staff........it’s the best. I met other solo travelers, couples and families. You can jump into the ocean anytime and find fish, coral, sea life and my favorite…turtles! Adi is great! He and the staff will take such good care of you. Clean rooms, friendly atmosphere…paradise. I can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 19, 2010

This place hit the node just right for me. I wanted to be off the regular path, but not completely isolated. It's close enough to walk right into the West End, but just far enough away to be very quiet.

Land End's has the best spot for seeing the sunset from their palapa bar with the salt water pool right next door. The reef is just 10 feet from the dock and the wall... maybe a 100 feet swim away. Perfect for snorkeling.

The food was fantastic and the atmosphere perfect. I met all sorts of interesting people and was able to keep to myself whenever I wanted.

Highly, highly recommended.