“Nice relaxed place.......personable owner.”
Review of Lands End

Lands End
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in West End
MI
“Nice relaxed place.......personable owner.”
Reviewed June 22, 2009

A couple friends and I stayed at the Lands End Resort this June and we overall enjoyed our stay very much. This is a very laid back hotel and might be a little quiet for some, but it suited our tastes just fine. When we arrived it was almost as if the hotel was closed......it was that quiet and laid back. The hotel was very relaxing, especially at night when it was nice to hear the ocean as you slept. The bar was open from Thursday thru the weekend but usually only had a few patrons that were staying there, or friends of the owner that came buy to have a drink. The owner, Adi, was there every day we stayed and we thouroughly enjoyed having conversations with him as we ate/drank. He really seems to enjoy the company of his guests.......something you wouldn't expect! He is a very personable guy who's loaded with info about the island and just about everything/everywhere else. The "honor bar" was a nice touch during the day....adding to the laid back feel. We stayed in the Ocean Front rooms which were much larger and nicer than the others (but it depends what you want and what you want to pay for). The smaller rooms off the ocean were quite a bit smaller and not as nice....but adaquate for less picky people and less expensive. The owner made accomidations for us when we wanted to upgrade to the Oceanfront rooms, something he did't have to do. The breakfast's were nice too....each one cooked individually for the guest (same menu for all though). It's a bummer to have to go somewhere in the morning for your first meal.

Con's?

The pool was not something to brag about, but why go in in Roatan?
No sandy beach.....a little bit of a bummer

That's about it. Clean, friendly, nice. I liked the place a lot.

I would recommend this place for most people and would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank jv-mi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
austin
Reviewed June 9, 2009

There are cheaper places, but Lands End was still a good value. The manager, Adi, made a point of getting to know all the guests and make everyone feel welcome. If you need anything, want to go anywhere, see or do anything, start by talking to Adi.
Most nights the bar was pretty empty, but one night they had a band and a good crowd. The rooms were always quiet and relaxing. If you are looking for a great pool, this is not the place. Even when the pool is full, it is a salt water pool with a max depth of about 4 feet. However, you can snorkel right off the property.
If you are looking for quiet, secluded, off the beaten path and relaxing then this may be the place for you.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
winnipeg
Reviewed May 17, 2009

We were alone as guests for 4 days, so no excitement around the bar, like some reviews.
Pool was empty for 2 days and then they filled it. They had a supper catered in one night
and beer bottles were thrown in the pool. They were still there broken 10 days later when we left. It was cheap, but there were better deals around.
PS. the deer were awesome.
I have been a member of TA for awhile, and this is my first review, and I felt I would send this as newcomers to TA all say its wonderful. Hmmm

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chico1
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed May 6, 2009

From the moment I arrived I absolutely loved Lands End. I was immediately greeted by the welcoming owner, Adi, and taken to a wonderful room that was well appointed and very spacious. The staff was so friendly-especially Joe, the bartender at the on-site bar, the Green Flash. I was able to watch a beautiful sunset from the deck, and thoroughly enjoyed the company of the staff and other travelers. The location is perfect-less than a 5 minute walk into town with stunning views of the sea, I couldn't have picked a better hotel to stay at while in Roatan. I hope that my travels eventually lead me back to Roatan so that I can learn how to dive, and stay at Lands End once again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank LC3000
Santa Barbara
Reviewed April 30, 2009

I have just returned from spending 2 fantastic weeks basking in all of the glories of Lands End. Adi is the most welcoming and supportive, hospitable host. We felt right at home. The open air dining area/bar and rustic setting are ideal, natural and beautiful with such a warm and open environment, that it is quite easy to settle in and be very comfortable. The rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is delightful. The breakfast is a treat and a welcome gathering of guests to discuss the daily adventures.

I cannot wait to return and tell everyone to visit as it is sure to please!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank tresgenerations
Houston
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Adi is the perfect host! We felt we were his personal house guests! The impromptu jam sessions and lively chats at the bar were a huge hit for us! The deer were definitely my favorite. I highly recommend Land's End to anyone. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Tegucigalpa
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at Land's End, the place has the most spectacular view ever, and it is close enough to walk to the action and night life but far enough to be quiet and restful. It was a wonderful experience, and Adi the administrator, really makes an effort to ensure that the guests are happy!.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Grand Roatan Caribbean Resort
Splash Inn Dive Resort
Splash Inn Dive Resort
#2 of 8 in West End

Been to Lands End? Share your experiences!