A couple friends and I stayed at the Lands End Resort this June and we overall enjoyed our stay very much. This is a very laid back hotel and might be a little quiet for some, but it suited our tastes just fine. When we arrived it was almost as if the hotel was closed......it was that quiet and laid back. The hotel was very relaxing, especially at night when it was nice to hear the ocean as you slept. The bar was open from Thursday thru the weekend but usually only had a few patrons that were staying there, or friends of the owner that came buy to have a drink. The owner, Adi, was there every day we stayed and we thouroughly enjoyed having conversations with him as we ate/drank. He really seems to enjoy the company of his guests.......something you wouldn't expect! He is a very personable guy who's loaded with info about the island and just about everything/everywhere else. The "honor bar" was a nice touch during the day....adding to the laid back feel. We stayed in the Ocean Front rooms which were much larger and nicer than the others (but it depends what you want and what you want to pay for). The smaller rooms off the ocean were quite a bit smaller and not as nice....but adaquate for less picky people and less expensive. The owner made accomidations for us when we wanted to upgrade to the Oceanfront rooms, something he did't have to do. The breakfast's were nice too....each one cooked individually for the guest (same menu for all though). It's a bummer to have to go somewhere in the morning for your first meal.
The pool was not something to brag about, but why go in in Roatan?
No sandy beach.....a little bit of a bummer
That's about it. Clean, friendly, nice. I liked the place a lot.
I would recommend this place for most people and would go back in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the best area of Westend, Lands End is an Ocean Front Hotel Resort nestled in a world of its own, but close enough to the action where you can walk in three minutes!Perfect place for snorkeling and diving from shore, Enjoy spectacular views and sunsets year round. Lands End grounds include a lounge, pool deck, hammocks, bar, and beach! Most rooms with the exception of our bungalows come with a television, air conditioning, daily maid service, 24 hour help desk, flexible check in hours, free wi-fi and more! We have laundry service available and island deer (our pets). Come and have a cocktail in our saltwater infinity pool that overlooks the ocean and enjoy our dining at our on-site bar and restaurant! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Lands End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lands End - Ocean Front Hotel West End
- Lands End Roatan, Honduras - West End