“Great Place - Great Service!”
Review of Lands End

Lands End
Ranked #3 of 13 West End B&B and Inns
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Great Place - Great Service!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We just returned from a vacation in Roatan. We stayed at Lands End and were delighted we did. Adi was away on a trip, however his associate Ryan took excellent care of us. Ryan was at the airport to pick us up and take us back to Lands End. We had a wonderful room with a great view of the ocean...it was the Tucan room. If any question came up, Ryan always took time to be of help to us. We have no complaints of any kind. In fact, we enjoyed the laid back atmosphere and the breakfasts provided to us each morning...right beside the water, with a beautiful view. I would recommend Lands End to any and all of my friends. If you ever go to Roatan and want to stay in the West End area of the island...stay at Land's End. Personally, my spouse and I can't wait to get the opportunity to return.

Room Tip: Get one of the ocean front rooms for the best views of the sunset!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
San Diego
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Gosh, how I wish I was back. Beautiful and so laid-back. Very private too, ie, not crowded and noisy. A very short walk to the main street where all the restaurants and bars are, but since it's just off the main street it is quiet. All the staff are wonderful, friendly and cool: Adi, the manager, and Ryan, the bartender, are two guys that make you feel like you are staying at their guest house. Also I must say that the food was very good, especially Wilmer's cooking!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank agentpao
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at Lands End 25 May-1 June, and was home from the moment Ryan and Emily met me at the airport. I was warmly welcomed by Adi, the fantastic manager, upon arrival. Settled in for a cold beer, a chat, and made some lovely new friends while my bags were carried to my room and knew I had arrived. Lands End has everything you need: it's a quiet, sweet oasis at the tip of the peninsula and those who work & live there feel like family from the beginning. Adi makes sure you have everything you need, as does Ryan, who also tends bar in the evening (I'm missing those Caribou Lou's!), and Mercedes makes a mean breakfast. The rooms are clean and cleaned daily (despite my saying I did not need towel service every day, Mercedes insisted). Drinking water is provided, good snorkeling gear can be rented, and if there's something you need or want, all you have to do is ask. Lands End is far enough from town that it is absolutely, amazingly quiet at night - all you can hear is the ocean as you fall asleep - but just a few minutes' walk brings you to the center of West End, where you have everything you want in more. As a female solo traveller, I felt perfectly safe walking back in the evening, and Lands End felt like home at every time of day or night. Can't wait to get back there - sooner than later if summer plans take shape.

Room Tip: Wahoo ocean front room was tops. Private balcony and hammock. Spacious. Fantastic.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Alyssa L
Leucadia, California
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Staying at Lands End is like having a second home in Roatan. From the first friendly faces when we were picked up at the airport (the wonderful Ryan and Emily) to the huge smile we were greeted with when we arrived (Lodge host, Adi), the Lands End was the perfect choice.

The island itself reminded me of Hawaii and Baja with the beautiful warm waters and the small dirt roads that lead to more beautiful warm waters. That's why we chose the Lands End Sleep/Jeep package, to see the entire island while stopping along the way to swim, eat local, meet great locals and tourists, and explore more.

Having the jeep was great for exploring, yet the location of Lands End is perfect for a 5 minute walk into West End (restaurants, bars, groceries, bank, art/clothing) or a 5 minute water taxi to West Bay, another fantastic place to snorkel - just walk into the water from the beach and go! Or, if you're one for a good walk, take the 30 minute beach walk right into West Bay. Plus, Adi will tell you everything you need to know and help you find everywhere you want to go.

Overall, we felt more than safe, we felt welcomed. It gets dark pretty early and too dark to drive around the island at night so after a long day out, going back 'home' to Lands End to start the night off with great drinks from Ryan (did someone say hippo?) and great talks and visits with the other guests was the perfect pre-party for a night out.

I would like to add that for us, the Lands End was a special place. The entire group of people staying there at the same time became fast friends - we are all in touch after visiting there and I just bet we'll see each other again. Being greeted by Bambi every morning (the miniature Roatan Deer that Adi takes very good care of) added a magical element to the place as well.

Thanks to Adi and his team for providing such a great holiday stay for us!

Room Tip: We stayed in Venado and it was great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Wandercat
Levis, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2013

When the bartender Ryan and her daughter Emily welcomed us at the airport, I realized that the Lands End had kept its charm of three years ago. Still on a human scale this resort is a reel lovely place to stay! With the small native island deer walking all around, a pool that takes water directly from the sea, typical breakfast prepared with care by Mercedes, always cold beer, the manager who play music in a band, snorkeling off the dock, excellent meals, room clean and quiet... The manager Ady has a philosophy that works well to hire is staff. "Working at Lands End it's almost destiny!" He said. A small team who really care about your well-being!

At Lands End... we lived with friends!
By the way: I am a French Canadian who did his best in English! :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Whitmore Lake, Michigan
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Just returned from a week long stay at Lands End. Perfect location, just a 5 min walk to West End with great shopping, restaurants and nightlife. The ocean front room had a private balcony with a great view. The Room was spacious, clean and tidy.
Thank you Adi for your hospitality, and pointing us in the right direction although we still managed to get lost. Ha Ha. We traversed the island in the cheetah jeep topless. (the jeep not us) . Excellent deal I recommend the jeep package.
We all hitched a ride together to watch Adi play in the band, danced all night, met a lot of great people and created quick friendships. Rock on!!!
Ryan you make the best dang Margarita on the Island. Did someone say Hippo???
Mercedes Thank you for keeping the room so very clean and the fantastic daily breakfast, with
homemade tortillas eggs and beans, Yummy.
Last but not least the deer what fun it is to feed them a unique experience. A great place to Relax and enjoy Roatan. Love Sooz

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank susan b
LandsEndResort, Manager at Lands End, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
thank you two so much for great review. girlz, we will never forget you. what a great excursion we had. thank you for good vibes, fun and great spirit.

special thanks for mentioning our jeep n sleep package deal.

years back our guests were almost 100% divers. In the last years we receive more and more non-diver guests. After I got stuck with my mazda truck on a muddy road in rainy season I bought my first Jeep and discovered ... the other Roatan: miles and miles of public accessible dirt roads through untouched jungle, up to the hill tops, to pristine beaches (and be the only one there). You can do a lot on one day but give it a couple more days and you will see how much more Roatan has to offer if you only had the right vehicle. Go golfing for the day, visit the remote restaurants like LaSirena in the east, go kitesurfing at Paya Bay, paddle boarding at Marbella beach etc. and always return home safely.

Adi
La Ceiba, Honduras
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We just returned from another stay at Lands End and enjoyed it as much as ever! The location is perfect, Adi and Ryan are mellow and easy to deal with while very accomodating. I would not want to stay anywhere else! Thanks again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
#7 of 7 in West End
Clarion Suites Roatan at Pineapple Villas
Seagrape Plantation Resort
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort

Been to Lands End? Share your experiences!