“Wonderful people, wonderful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Splash Inn Dive Resort

Splash Inn Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in West End
Lexington, Kentucky
“Wonderful people, wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had only completed three open water dives when I dove with Splash Inn in November 2013. I was recovering from an ear injury I got during my third dive and, due to my injury and inexperience, was nervous about the Honduras dive. I talked to the divemasters and they were great. One of the divemasters (Monique) helped me descend at half pace from the rest of the group and my ears were totally fine. The dive was wonderful and the other divemaster (a guy with curly blond hair, I forget his name) taught me a lot about controlling my movement underwater. For new divers, you can be confident that you'll learn a ton and have a great dive with Spash Inn!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ChelseaKirk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I often travel to dive locations alone and have for the most part stayed at all inclusive resorts. I chose Splash Inn as a change from the all inclusive atmosphere. Yet, everything was right there for me; the hotel, the dive shop, and the restaurant. And all of West End is walking distance.

The hotel staff made me feel at home immediately. My room was comfortable and clean. It was not very big, but I wasn't there to spend the week in my room! The food and drinks were very reasonably priced. And the ceviche was exceptional. I had a GREAT week of diving and will return.

Room Tip: Having read reviews before choosing Splash Inn, I was curious about the room recommendations that I...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay at the splash inn. The staff were really friendly and the dive centre made everything really easy. The boats are just across the road from the resort and within 10 minutes you're in the water and dropping down to the reef. The food was also consistently good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I can't say enough about Splash. My brother & I "graduated" from Utila to Roatan last year, and came back again this year, and I'm sure we'll be back yet again. Splash is a one-stop shop for divers on the island. They offer lodging, dining, and -most importantly - diving. And they do an excellent job of all three.

The rooms, though nothing fancy, are above par for the Bay Islands. They have reliable hot water, air conditioning and TV (which we were able to keep off the entire trip), and the cleaning staff ensures that they're immaculate on a daily basis.

Although we mainly ate only breakfast here (trying to sample different dining options for lunch & dinner), the restaurant has excellent food. Most importantly, it's the first place that you can get coffee at in the morning, opening up (reliably) at 7:00 in the morning. The best pizza on the island, based on my limited experience.

The dive shop is what makes Splash really shine, though, and the main reason I'll return. Serena, who manages the shop makes sure you're taken care of, and the DMs are awesome - kudos to Ricardo, in particular. Maybe it's just because he seems to have the same style of diving (very relaxed & keeping an eye out for the little things), but he's probably the best DM I've dove with.

The fact that Splash offers all three services in one location, and that almost all of the dive sites are within a 10 minute boat ride, means that Splash offers an unbeatable service at a price that you can't afford to pass up.

Room Tip: Might want to ask for a room away from the generator.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JB_MM_2010
Malaga, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Over the years I have made the Splash Inn my home from home in Roatan. There lots of places to stay in Roatan, but if do not want to be a captive audience stuck miles from the nearest restaurant or bar, then Carretera Pavimentada Principal, West end is the place to stay as the street abounds with bars and restaurants .There are lots of very simple guest houses to stay at, but check out that they have air conditioning and a generator, as on my last visit, the power in West End failed several nights in a row and the whole of West End was in darkeness all night ! To the best of my knowledge only the Splash Inn has an automatic generator system that kicks in when there is a power cut, so I had a restaurant, lights and AC. The Inn is well managed and spotlessly clean. The restaurant serves the best pizza on the island and their steak is world class. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I am not telling you which room is best as you might reserve it when I visit.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Couldn't find Splash Inn Restaurant site to review, so I am entering this under the resort. Anyway, I was a little nervous when I saw the extensive menu. ha There were so many choices I feared the food would all be mediocre! But, to our surprise everything we ordered was great!! Our group had cheeseburgers, quesadillas and calamari!! The calamari was very fresh and everything tasted great! Very reasonable prices and loved the view!! Kudos!!

3 Thank Debi M
Alcove, Quebec
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

We spent two weeks in Roatan for Diving Vacation!
Our experience was amazing! It was our first time diving south, i was nervous for my first dives! Only 10 dives under my belt! My first concern was : i want a dive master i feel confortable safe and confident with ! when we first drop by the shop to discuss options for Diving, when i said i was nervous! serena the shop manager offerred to join me and my Boyfriend for our first dive with the group! I really really appreciate that! Following dives, were all amazing! divemaster are so nice and really good! among all Diveshop in west End we choose Splash Inn and it was a really good choice! thanks to all of you guys! we will be back for sure!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
The Beach House
The Beach House
#4 of 7 in West End
Seagrape Plantation Resort

Been to Splash Inn Dive Resort? Share your experiences!