“Good Hotel, Great Dive Shop”

Splash Inn Dive Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in West End
Astoria, New York
“Good Hotel, Great Dive Shop”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

On my second visit to Roatan, I decided to stay in West End rather than West Bay. I'm so glad I did as everything you need is in walking distance. Splash Inn was a friendly, clean, basic place to stay. A previous reviewer just about summed it all up...

Pros: clean, spacious room, great location, wonderful dive shop and staff, friendly hotel staff, decent restaurant on-site, free Wi-Fi, cable TV, water taxi to West Bay directly across the street, walking distance to all the restaurants/bars, and Half Moon Bay beach

Cons: Ants in the room, no mini-fridge

I can't say enough great things about the Dive Shop Staff. They were all friendly, responsible, safe, and fun.

As it is quite reasonably priced, I would definitely consider staying at Splash Inn again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ashley R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the price, location, attached dive center and its proximity to the Roatan Institute of Deep Sea Exploration. It is directly across the street from the waterfront, but there is not actually a beach. The water taxi service is directly across the street as well and is very convenient. My room has a great air conditioner unit, is very clean and has a nice big shower with hot water. The room key is required to operate the air conditioner so you cannot leave it on when you leave the room. The WiFi works great in the room and in the restaurant as well. There is no kitchenette or refrigerator in the room. They also offer laundry service if you need it. I had a decent breakfast here this morning, but nothing fancy. There are many shops and restaurants nearby so you will not get bored. I went to the dive shop yesterday and took a refreshing class and performed a refreshing dive today because it has been awhile since my last dive. The instructor was very knowledgeable, polite and patient. The dive shop rented me all of the gear needed to dive. My dive went very well and I plan to make more dives in the days ahead.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Windhoek, Namibia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

They received me with open arms. Not standing around avoiding new customers. Hotel a bit slow, but dive operation exxcelent. Hotel and service... good. Dive facilities very good and helpful. Access to dive boats from the hotel is excellent!. Sea life at dive sites is overall some of the best in the Caribbean. Dive instructors very good. After 5000 plus dives, I realy enjoyed my time with Splash and rate it as one of the best overall dive experiences. Please e-mail me for further info.

Room Tip: 1 st floor sea facing lovely with balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel was very clean, the staff was helpful and the location was spectacular. Right on the main drag with all the other little shops, bars and clubs in west end. Attractions were close by as were some phenomenal beaches. I discovered from other friends staying in a different hotel inwest end at the same time as my stay that the value here was much better than what similar hotels offered. Apparently cable and free wifi are not as common in Honduras hotels as they would be in North america, but Splash dive inn resort offered both. Overall pleasent stay. would most likely staty again if ever I was back in Honduras.

Room Tip: Stick together if staying as a group or family, they only give one key for the room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Alex R
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Pros
- Great location
- Affordable
- Incredible dive shop w/ great instructors
- Clean

Cons
- Ants (can't leave any food in the hotel)
- No refrigerator

Overall
- Very happy with this choice, would choose again for sure.

Room Tip: several rooms are available that face the water
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brandon B
Tegucigalpa, Francisco Morazan, Honduras
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel is very clean, well maintained and is directly in front of the beach and water taxi. The restaurant has nice breakfasts and meals, the rooms were very clean upon arrival and the room service was good. On our stay, there were power outages, but the hotel has its own power plant, so A/C, Cable TV and everything else was uninterrupted. Recommended if you are looking for a good place in West End.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kabul, Afghanistan
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My son and I had a great stay at the Splash Inn when we came down for six days to do some scuba diving wich was our primary focus. It was our first trip to Roatan so we wanted to stay close to diving, restaurants and island life. West End is a divers and fisherman's area was perfect for us and we could not be happier with our hotel selection at the Splash Inn. The hotel is well maintained and tucked into the trees qith a prety tropical-type garden in the heart of the area, very close to several good dive shops and across from the water taxi to West bay. The rooms were clean and the A/C worked fine. Wireless internet worked well too with no interuptions. Television was small and we had to did arounf for the English speaking channels but we found a few. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. There was a nice open air restaurant and bar. We ate in many different places In West End but the meals we ate at the the restaurant to include breakfast and pizza were good and the beer was cold. On our last day we went fishing with Luis (at the water taxi) and the chefs at the Splash Inn were kind enough to grill up our catch of tuna for lunch (with a nice tip). We had made online arrangements for specific diving certifications with another dive shop but the dive shop at the Splash Inn appreared to be nice and the staff was also very polite and welcoming. They seemed to have a good dive program and we frequently saw their boats out on the water with lots of divers. The Splash In is not a fancy resort where you will be pampered with spas and such but it you are going to dive or fish, eat well and you want to see a nice part of the island with the friendly Hondurans, West End is great and the Spash Inn makes a great headquarters in the center of it all. I will go back to West End and the Splash Inn.

Room Tip: Let the hotel know where you want to be and then tell them the number of beds you want. I failed to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
The Beach House
The Beach House
#4 of 7 in West End
Seagrape Plantation Resort

Been to Splash Inn Dive Resort? Share your experiences!