“Good reception” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in West End
Windhoek, Namibia
“Good reception”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

They received me with open arms. Not standing around avoiding new customers. Hotel a bit slow, but dive operation exxcelent. Hotel and service... good. Dive facilities very good and helpful. Access to dive boats from the hotel is excellent!. Sea life at dive sites is overall some of the best in the Caribbean. Dive instructors very good. After 5000 plus dives, I realy enjoyed my time with Splash and rate it as one of the best overall dive experiences. Please e-mail me for further info.

Room Tip: 1 st floor sea facing lovely with balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel was very clean, the staff was helpful and the location was spectacular. Right on the main drag with all the other little shops, bars and clubs in west end. Attractions were close by as were some phenomenal beaches. I discovered from other friends staying in a different hotel inwest end at the same time as my stay that the value here was much better than what similar hotels offered. Apparently cable and free wifi are not as common in Honduras hotels as they would be in North america, but Splash dive inn resort offered both. Overall pleasent stay. would most likely staty again if ever I was back in Honduras.

Room Tip: Stick together if staying as a group or family, they only give one key for the room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Alex R
Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Pros
- Great location
- Affordable
- Incredible dive shop w/ great instructors
- Clean

Cons
- Ants (can't leave any food in the hotel)
- No refrigerator

Overall
- Very happy with this choice, would choose again for sure.

Room Tip: several rooms are available that face the water
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brandon B
Tegucigalpa, Francisco Morazan, Honduras
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel is very clean, well maintained and is directly in front of the beach and water taxi. The restaurant has nice breakfasts and meals, the rooms were very clean upon arrival and the room service was good. On our stay, there were power outages, but the hotel has its own power plant, so A/C, Cable TV and everything else was uninterrupted. Recommended if you are looking for a good place in West End.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kabul, Afghanistan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

My son and I had a great stay at the Splash Inn when we came down for six days to do some scuba diving wich was our primary focus. It was our first trip to Roatan so we wanted to stay close to diving, restaurants and island life. West End is a divers and fisherman's area was perfect for us and we could not be happier with our hotel selection at the Splash Inn. The hotel is well maintained and tucked into the trees qith a prety tropical-type garden in the heart of the area, very close to several good dive shops and across from the water taxi to West bay. The rooms were clean and the A/C worked fine. Wireless internet worked well too with no interuptions. Television was small and we had to did arounf for the English speaking channels but we found a few. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. There was a nice open air restaurant and bar. We ate in many different places In West End but the meals we ate at the the restaurant to include breakfast and pizza were good and the beer was cold. On our last day we went fishing with Luis (at the water taxi) and the chefs at the Splash Inn were kind enough to grill up our catch of tuna for lunch (with a nice tip). We had made online arrangements for specific diving certifications with another dive shop but the dive shop at the Splash Inn appreared to be nice and the staff was also very polite and welcoming. They seemed to have a good dive program and we frequently saw their boats out on the water with lots of divers. The Splash In is not a fancy resort where you will be pampered with spas and such but it you are going to dive or fish, eat well and you want to see a nice part of the island with the friendly Hondurans, West End is great and the Spash Inn makes a great headquarters in the center of it all. I will go back to West End and the Splash Inn.

Room Tip: Let the hotel know where you want to be and then tell them the number of beds you want. I failed to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank fultonj79
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband is an experienced diver of 20+ years and asked me to join him diving in Roatan for our anniversary. First off I hate swimming but at least love fish. I did my course work in Colorado and went to Roatan for my Open Water dive test thinking I would never dive deeper than 30 feet. SplashInn's master diver Justin, was patient and motivating. I was a very challenging student but the amazing dives kept my mind focused. So many fish, turtles, octopi! It made this vacation the best ever! I loved the night dives and the shipwreck and completed 12 dives in all. This is an absolute must for all levels of experience. You will not leave unsatisfied! Best diving around!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Splash Inn is a great value & I will recommend it to anyone I know traveling to Roatan. It's centrally-located in West End and great restaurants/bars/shops are just a short stroll away. This was a Scuba trip and I planned on spending most time in the water so a luxury hotel wasn't necessary, but I did want something clean, cool & comfortable. I can't say enough about the cleanliness of the hotel; it seemed at all hours of the day multiple hotel staff were sweeping, mopping, etc. The rooms have A/C & ceiling fans, which were perfect to combat the heat and humidity. The rooms were comfortable with plenty of space and multiple electrical outlets for charging a myriad of gadgets. The hotel has a decent Italian restaurant, but the location allows you to explore other local eateries. If you want to learn how to dive, having a dive center in the hotel complex is very convenient & the dock is right across the street. I received discounted "fun dives" after I received my certification, which only added to the value of the hotel. The hotel staff was also really friendly and helpful! My luggage was lost in transit & the receptionist offered to call the airline counter for me so I could get my bags. This was amazing because I don't speak Spanish & I was scheduled to be in dive school all day. Another great service that this hotel offers is currency exchange; I was able to exchange Dollars for Lempiras at the actual rate rather than having to pay a fee at a bank while getting less money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
West Bay Lodge and Spa
#1 of 14 in West Bay
Seagrape Plantation Resort
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort

Been to Splash Inn Dive Resort? Share your experiences!