“Splash Inn Review”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in West End
Jupiter, Florida
“Splash Inn Review”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Pros
- Great location
- Affordable
- Incredible dive shop w/ great instructors
- Clean

Cons
- Ants (can't leave any food in the hotel)
- No refrigerator

Overall
- Very happy with this choice, would choose again for sure.

Room Tip: several rooms are available that face the water
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brandon B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Tegucigalpa, Francisco Morazan, Honduras
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel is very clean, well maintained and is directly in front of the beach and water taxi. The restaurant has nice breakfasts and meals, the rooms were very clean upon arrival and the room service was good. On our stay, there were power outages, but the hotel has its own power plant, so A/C, Cable TV and everything else was uninterrupted. Recommended if you are looking for a good place in West End.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kabul, Afghanistan
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My son and I had a great stay at the Splash Inn when we came down for six days to do some scuba diving wich was our primary focus. It was our first trip to Roatan so we wanted to stay close to diving, restaurants and island life. West End is a divers and fisherman's area was perfect for us and we could not be happier with our hotel selection at the Splash Inn. The hotel is well maintained and tucked into the trees qith a prety tropical-type garden in the heart of the area, very close to several good dive shops and across from the water taxi to West bay. The rooms were clean and the A/C worked fine. Wireless internet worked well too with no interuptions. Television was small and we had to did arounf for the English speaking channels but we found a few. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. There was a nice open air restaurant and bar. We ate in many different places In West End but the meals we ate at the the restaurant to include breakfast and pizza were good and the beer was cold. On our last day we went fishing with Luis (at the water taxi) and the chefs at the Splash Inn were kind enough to grill up our catch of tuna for lunch (with a nice tip). We had made online arrangements for specific diving certifications with another dive shop but the dive shop at the Splash Inn appreared to be nice and the staff was also very polite and welcoming. They seemed to have a good dive program and we frequently saw their boats out on the water with lots of divers. The Splash In is not a fancy resort where you will be pampered with spas and such but it you are going to dive or fish, eat well and you want to see a nice part of the island with the friendly Hondurans, West End is great and the Spash Inn makes a great headquarters in the center of it all. I will go back to West End and the Splash Inn.

Room Tip: Let the hotel know where you want to be and then tell them the number of beds you want. I failed to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank fultonj79
Key West, Florida
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband is an experienced diver of 20+ years and asked me to join him diving in Roatan for our anniversary. First off I hate swimming but at least love fish. I did my course work in Colorado and went to Roatan for my Open Water dive test thinking I would never dive deeper than 30 feet. SplashInn's master diver Justin, was patient and motivating. I was a very challenging student but the amazing dives kept my mind focused. So many fish, turtles, octopi! It made this vacation the best ever! I loved the night dives and the shipwreck and completed 12 dives in all. This is an absolute must for all levels of experience. You will not leave unsatisfied! Best diving around!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Splash Inn is a great value & I will recommend it to anyone I know traveling to Roatan. It's centrally-located in West End and great restaurants/bars/shops are just a short stroll away. This was a Scuba trip and I planned on spending most time in the water so a luxury hotel wasn't necessary, but I did want something clean, cool & comfortable. I can't say enough about the cleanliness of the hotel; it seemed at all hours of the day multiple hotel staff were sweeping, mopping, etc. The rooms have A/C & ceiling fans, which were perfect to combat the heat and humidity. The rooms were comfortable with plenty of space and multiple electrical outlets for charging a myriad of gadgets. The hotel has a decent Italian restaurant, but the location allows you to explore other local eateries. If you want to learn how to dive, having a dive center in the hotel complex is very convenient & the dock is right across the street. I received discounted "fun dives" after I received my certification, which only added to the value of the hotel. The hotel staff was also really friendly and helpful! My luggage was lost in transit & the receptionist offered to call the airline counter for me so I could get my bags. This was amazing because I don't speak Spanish & I was scheduled to be in dive school all day. Another great service that this hotel offers is currency exchange; I was able to exchange Dollars for Lempiras at the actual rate rather than having to pay a fee at a bank while getting less money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rio Dulce
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We found the room, the a/c, the t.v, the large bath and the bed WONDERFUL. The staff could not do enough for us...the food was outstanding and the dive company was very friendly and accommodating, even when I had a last minute stiff neck and could not make the dives, they were very understanding and even saught me out late in the afternoon to see how I was. I would definately go back and highly reccommend ANYONE staying there. AND, I did just that yesterday. We have stayed at Fantasy Island many times and satisfied with what we got. We have stayed at Lands End and been satisfied. But we were MORE than satisfied at SPLASH INN.

Room Tip: We needed a ground floor room for my husbands bad knees...DONE. Their wait staff was very attentive...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The showers were great, hot water with good pressure.The service was fair, although we had 1 rude waiter in the morning who seemed to think it was a burden to wait on us. The good was very good and the portions were normal size. My only complaint was the 12.5% up charge on alcohol which I did not see on any other restaurant menu.
I would also recommend bringing your own bug spray (especially if you are prone to be bitten by mosquito's) as I was bitten quite excessively while waiting for dinner and the restaurant only had a "clogged" can.
Internet was bad as we could only get a wi-fi connection while sitting in the restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
The Beach House
The Beach House
#4 of 7 in West End
Seagrape Plantation Resort

Been to Splash Inn Dive Resort? Share your experiences!