“Very good location”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in West End
Kamloops, BC
“Very good location”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had a great week at the Hotel and Dive Resort. The hotel room was not fancy but had lots of storage and was very clean. We had a great view from our room. The Dive shop was very accommodating and the Master Divers very good. When my husband had a dive health problem they quickly arranged for him to see a doctor. Our only complaint was the noise at night but then we retire early. I would stay and dive there again.
Mo & Pete, Canada

Room Tip: If you go to bed early ask for a quiet room - maybe at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kamloopsians

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Location is great with the water taxi to West Bay just steps away. Our room itself was fine - minimal but comfortable enough. There were very few outlets in the room so it made charging electronic devices challenging. We had maintenance problems in the restroom during our stay (sink wouldn't drain and a random awful natural gas smell one day). The maintenance man was prompt to address with all the best intentions but the result was a very muddy shower/bathmat (I had to apologize to housekeeping later) and a heavy perfume scent that needed to be aired out (which proceeded to let all the mosquitoes in). Pizza at the restaurant was marginal but coffee was fine. Wifi was intermittent. Local markets are within walking distance on either direction of the resort and choices of baleata vendors are plenty. You can basically walk anywhere in West End as long as you have bug repellant. According to locals, you should take care at night not to walk alone with a purse or appear to have money. Another tip is to be sure that after 10pm, you confirm taxi rates prior to departure since they can legally charge whatever they want. Before that time, taxi rates are generally pretty consistent (e.g., $15-$20 to the airport or ferry port).

We had mixed reviews of the dive shop so I am not going to submit a formal review there. I will mention my thoughts here though since the dive shop is part of the reason we selected this particular resort and my impression there did affect my rating of the hotel. My travel companion actually really enjoyed his dive experience and divemaster - additionally, he mentioned that the dive shop manager was very welcoming towards him. However, when I arrived, I received a very different treatment with the manager quite abrupt and snippy (too busy smoking to be bothered with sharing information) so I actually declined diving with them and went with a different operator in West End. Perhaps it was easier that week to be friendly to an attractive young South American guy but it left me with a negative perception of the dive shop which is unfortunate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This place is perfect. Ocean view from some rooms, not pricey at all and very clean. The staff is amazing and very helpful. Many of them have become friends and I will miss my morning talks with Victor or laughs with Ingrid. I will be back for sure and will be staying here on all my future trips.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place is not fancy but inexpensive and very clean, Our room was clean every day, we also got new towels everyday. Hotel is near restaurants & mini markets. We had a very relaxing time here. the only thing that could been better was the front desk staff attitude, they were not friendly and always look bored.
Este lugar no es lujoso pero si barato y muy limpio, hacian limpieza en nuestro cuarto todo los dias, tambien recibiamos toallas limpias todos los dias. El hotel esta serca de restaurantes y pequenas tiendas de comida. Tuvimos un tiempo muy relajado aqui, lo unico que si pudo haber sido mejor era la actitud del personal de recepcion, no eran amable y siempre tenia un aspecto aburrido.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Wendy M
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Spash inn is right in the middle of west end roatan. Every restaurant and bar is walking distance. The structure of the hotel isn't very fancy or new but its confortable and affordable. During the days i was in roatan there was a storm so i couldn't enjoy of the many activities available in the island.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank shirleysnz
Forest Hills,NY
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had decided to make vacation plans in Roatan, as I was told by a dive group leader that Roatan has some excellent snorkeling sites in addition to the many world class dive sites. As soon as I made my decision , I headed to Trip Advisor to explore the best accommodation. Since I was traveling solo, I wanted to be in a hotel rather than some kind of bungalow or apt. After reading the reviews on the Splash Inn and Dive Resort, I was impressed with others' experiences. In addition, this is one of the few hotel settings with 26 rooms. It was important to me that the room was very clean, had A/C and a TV with cable and many English speaking stations, including CNN for quick news updates. The Splash met all these requirements extremely well. The front desk folks were friendly and helpful, and even cashed in my remaining limpiras ( Roatan currency) at the end of my trip, so I could have my dollars back for a very small fee. Be aware that you do better in Roatan when you use their currency.

Also, be aware that VISA is much more commonly accepted than M/C or Am Ex. Also, bring enough cash....most places and activities deal in cash. There are few ATM's in Roatan...2 only dealt with VISA debit cards. The one that took M/C was out of order. I had to take a cab to Plaza Mar to use the supermarket ATM for a M/C debit....It was a bit upsetting that I could not use my M/C in an ATM in West End.

On route back from Plaza Mar, I took a cab and had a little conversation with the driver. He spoke English well, was a native of Roatan, hence, good English. Although young, he seemed very mature, charming and responsible. He volunteered to take me for a trip around the Island for $30.00. If I had 4 people it would be $50 or $60 for a 5 hour excursion. I met someone interested in going along. He charged us $60.00 for the whole trip, as compared to some of the formal tours that can run $80.00 per person. His name is Hardie, and if you stop by Jimmy's information booth in West End you may be able to get his number. I'm not permitted to leave it in this review. The excursion with Hardie was excellent, seeing many of the towns in Roatan with so many majestic views of the Sea. It's a way to spend the day. If you want to snorkel, Hardie with include that in the trip. Ask to snorkel West Bay or Half Moon Bay. Both have awesome snorkeling.

I also loved Anthony's Chicken Place for breakfast. Rosie is lovely and makes great Roatan fare called 'Baleadas.' They're delicious and fill you up for most of the day...very inexpensive, too...about $1.50 each.

I preferred not to do the all-inclusive at Splash, as there are many good eateries in West End, including Rotisserie Chicken, which is excellent and a great value.

Anyway, hope this has been helpful to you. Have a great time in glorious Roatan!!!h

Room Tip: If you want a view of the Sea and less noise, chose the 2nd floor room number 18 or 19.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank netlady108
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Everything was perfect. the food the dive shop and the location. I would definitely go back and stay with them again the ac was great which is very important to me everything within walking distance which was very nice the staff was very helpful edith was especially helpful!

• Stayed April 2013
#6 of 8 in West End
Clarion Suites Roatan at Pineapple Villas
Seagrape Plantation Resort
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort

Been to Splash Inn Dive Resort? Share your experiences!