“Dive Dive Dive”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in West End
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Dive Dive Dive”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I spent two separate trips at Splash Inn. Words do not express the fun, staff friendliness, helpfulness that my and my friends has there. I made 12 dives and loved them all. The facilities are clean and nice. Nothing elaborate. The bar and food are some of the best on the west side. Military friendly with great prices!!

I traveled in Fed 12 and May 12!

Room Tip: Second floor is best to have.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dupuica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Splash Inn is located in the middle of West End, so you're conveniently admist it all! It is still quiet at night, no problems there. The rooms are very nice and clean, bathrooms are nice and so are the showers. The open air restaurant is big and roomy, I did not eat here, but the coffee is good!

The dive shop is also very nice, new equipment, kind instructors. I enjoyed Splash Inn and would go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Still at the Splash Inn at this moment having dinner... Food is amazing, been eating sea food and fish all week and it is delicious... In the heart of the West End, walking distance from everything, a 5 minutes water taxi ride from the best beach, West Bay... diving center people are really nice, all restaurant staff is great though our favourite is Cash... Did a guided tour of the island with him today, nice to see local villages and the other part of the island. Hotel rooms are spacious and clean. snorkeling, for those of you who do not dive, is amazing. Just yesterday, snorkeling from West Bay, we say lobsters, barracudas, puffer fish, trunk fish, scorpion fish, name it we saw it... I used to go to 5 star resorts all the time so was a bit disapointed at the beginning but would come back here any time. Locals are very friendly, island is really safe...

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Key Largo, Florida
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We were visiting from the neighboring island Utila to do the shark dive. I emailed Splash Inn to make a reservation, since that's the shop (although under previous ownership) I went through 3 years ago to dive with sharks, plus a friend in Utila told us to book it with them. All email communication was very prompt, up to several times a day, and we even ended up booking a room in Splash Inn after they gave us a deal (we were looking at more of a backpacker type of rooms). The room and the hotel overall were great, very pretty and clean.

We also dove with Splash Inn Dive Center on the day of arrival before the shark dive next morning. Our divemaster Ricardo was extremely nice and professional, let us "do our thing" and stay a bit behind the group, however still keeping his eye on us :) Next day coming back from the shark dive (AWESOME!! even the 2nd time!), I realized I left my wetsuit there. Ricardo and the manager Verena quickly took care of the problem, making arrangements to have it brought back to the hotel from another part of the island 20min drive away!

I also needed my dive gear to dry before my next day early morning flight, and DM Ricardo assured me he would pack it after it's dry and make sure I get it later that night (I went to see friends in yet another part of the island), which I did!

That's a WOW ! Hope I'll get a chance to visit them again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Wolcott, Colorado
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The folks at Splash Inn definitely do it right. Clean, comfy rooms,great dive operation, and friendly staff. They picked us up at the airport and we were relaxing with the iciest Salva Vidas in West End shortly after. Room rates are great and so is the food. Highly recommend Splash inn to anyone who wants to stay in West End.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the upper level rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Westminster, Maryland, United States
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I went to Splash Inn in January 2012 with a group of McDaniel College students for a gym credit, which is sweet just in itself. I have been very fortunate to dive in many places but hands down the diving in Roatan with Splash Inn was amazing. Most of the dive sites are very close. Dive sites you have to hit up are Canyon Reef if you like swim though's, Eel Garden to see the garden eels, and Hole in the Wall for a deep dive. We did about 30 dives while we were down for two weeks and most of those dives we saw turtles. Most of the group I was with were not certified divers but the Splash Inn staff worked hard and took lots of responsibility to help the students learn to dive. A very professional and knowledgeable dive staff. But there is so much more to do while taking your surface interval because Splash Inn is located a short walk to many bars, restaurants, stores, piers, and a small beach. I recommend the Wet Spot and Eagle Rays. I can't wait to go back ASAP.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Ramrod Key, Florida
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Splash Inn didn't disappoint. It was convenient because it allowed a one night reservation and cost around $50/night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
The Beach House
The Beach House
#4 of 7 in West End
Seagrape Plantation Resort

Been to Splash Inn Dive Resort? Share your experiences!