“Wonderful german food with a lovely view.”
Review of Por Que No

Por Que No
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in West End
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I love this cute little german place. The food is outstanding and they always have fresh baked bread and yummy desserts. I have had the brats, the currywurst, Schnitzel, potato salad and their crispy cooked red savory cabbage. I always leave very happy. One can sit inside or out on the deck over looking the caribbean sea. The owner, Peter and Connie are lovely hosts and go out of their way to please you. I highly recommend this awesome restaurant,

PeterConnyWestEnd, Inhaber at Por Que No, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thanks so much, Lovergirlie, for your great review and your nice words! It´s our pleasure serving you (and we´re working on our menu for some more specials :) !)
Looking forward seeing you,

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We initially stopped in to grab a fresh fruit smoothie before a dive and had to come back for lunch after we read about the sandwiches….delicious! A bit on the pricier side but so worth it. Staff was super friendly and even gave us vinegar for some jellyfish stings. :) Try the potato salad, it was amazing!

Thanks, eboett for your nice review! And for letting us know how to treat jellyfish stings :) !! We´re glad you enjoyed your stay,

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I spent a few months on Roatan earlier this year. I had the chance to stop by and have beers and eat great sausage several times. The owners, Peter and Conny are a lot of fun to talk to and the beer and sausages were great! I was staying in Sandy Bay and working in West Bay, so I didn't get to stop by as often as I would like. I will certainly stop by again when I get back to Roatan. I hope to get back later this year!

PeterConnyWestEnd, Owner at Por Que No, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thanks Diver 836 for your great review!
We´re glad you liked the sausages and enjoyed the beer!
See you again next time on Roatan,

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Think they actually call themselves "Bistro Por Que No?" and it's completely accurate. Like a small European restaurant. Most of the eateries in Roatan have a rustic/island ambiance, and this one reflects it's German entree offerings. Very sleek, understated, and appealing. Ate a number of breakfasts here, as well as dinner. Pastry is virtually unknown in Roatan and this restaurant always has a selection of made-on-site treats (but be sure to get there early if you want a breakfast pastry), Their breakfast bread/rolls are also outstanding. Best coffee I had on Roatan. Also had one of the dinner wursts, which was very nice. And, if you'd like break from the local cerveza you can get a few brands of German beer, too. Run by couple, who are very nice to speak to.

1  Thank Michael K

Thanks a lot for your nice words, Michael K! It was always our pleasure to serve you and we´re looking forward seeing you again!
We wish you save travels and lots of sun back home!
See you,

Reviewed February 26, 2014

What a lovely change of pace. Their beer selection was the best I saw on the island and their brats were wonderful. The outside bar was a perfect place to enjoy the tall dark beer.

PeterConnyWestEnd, Inhaber at Por Que No, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thanks a lot, Chad G for your great review! We are glad you enjoyed the combination of a German darkbeer together with a Bratwurst and the view on the Carribean Sea!