“My FAVOURITE!”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Quite a walk from the main bars from West End, this place is an oasis of healthiness in the greasy and fried stuff restaurants in Roatan offer.
THe german couple who own the restaurant are super friendly, and speak spanish (rare in restaurants around west end). Their grilled chicken salad is to die for, and they got lattés!! Wohoooo!! My favourite place on West End!

PeterConnyWestEnd, Owner at Por Que No?, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Thanks a lot for your great review, felixsoto!!!!
(Though we should practice our spanish more :) )
Merry Christmas,
Peter + Conny

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The English translation of this business name is 'Why Not". After eating a piece of their Strawberry Cake I can think of no reason NOT to frequent this small bistro. The cake was wonderful. I stopped in a few more times while on the Island and the sweets in the display case never failed to taste as good as they looked. The owner was very friendly and the surroundings pleasant and of course because it overlooks the beach in West End the view and sunsets are amazing. This is a business I plan to frequent during my time on the Island and I would recommend it to others..

PeterConnyWestEnd, Inhaber at Por Que No?, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you Karen for your review - we are looking forward to the next strawberry season :) !
Peter + Conny

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have been here for 6 weeks and went to this place as much as we could! We love the smoothies and great iced mocha frappuccino! For food they offer mainly bratwursts. Get the farmer's style eggs for breakfast! So good! I really enjoyed the curry bratwurst....seems so simple but is delicious! The coarse red brat is very good also. We always took a homemade cinnamon bun to go! The owners are very kind and have great service. They will even run out to buy more eggs when you want eggs at 3 in the afternoon! Certainly worth going to!

PeterConnyWestEnd, Owner at Por Que No?, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you very much, Becky for your great review! It was always a pleasure serving you and we´re glad that you enjoyed not only the eggs but also the Currywurst!
(By the way - really great picture!)
Hope to see you again, Peter + Conny

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I added the "West End Cigar Bar" to the title in order to help you find the place. I actually walked up to this place thinking it was part of the cigar bar, but it is a restaurant by itself. The sign is a little hidden behind the beautiful palm trees. I am glad that I found it. A very polite German lady approached me and I asked her if this was the cigar bar and she said no it was a German restaurant. Oh boy did my eyes light up because I love pork sausages. So I ordered a cold German beer and sat outside so I could watch people and traffic go by. She brought me a menu and I ordered right away. I sat there and enjoyed my German beer and took some nice photographs and before you know it my food arrived. Her husband must brought it out to me and he is a nice gent as well. I cannot remember the correct German name for what I ordered, but I do know that my meal consisted of a very delicious bratwurst, think slice of very tasty ham, sauerkraut, a dinner roll and at least three, if not four, salads. The flavors that I experienced from that plate of food had me making funny noises while I ate. Yummy!! I struck up a conversation with the couple for a few minutes when I had finished my meal. They said they had opened up this place about three months ago. I am sure hoping that the community and tourists get a taste of their cooking so that they can make a good go of it because the food is awesome. I love the title of this place too because I get asked "Why" a lot when I go on adventures around the world and I always answer "Why not". Great job guys and I will be back for some more great authentic German cooking.

1  Thank Kyle L
PeterConnyWestEnd, Inhaber at Por Que No?, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hi Kyle, thank you for your detailled and awesome review and the pics! It was nice talking to you and we wish you always save travels around the world!
Cheers, Peter + Conny

Reviewed August 4, 2013

First time in Roatan, enjoyed the light European breakfast every morning. Great coffee with hummingbirds a foot away.

PeterConnyWestEnd, Owner at Por Que No?, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Hope it won't be your last time on Roatan! Thanks for your review!