“A must-do at the West End”
Review of Monkey Island Beach Cafe - CLOSED

Monkey Island Beach Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Monkey Island Beach Cafe offers real Tex-Mex and Seafood in an amazing beachside and seaview location in the heart of the West End. We have a full bar featuring Roatan's signature drink, the Monkey LaLa, Margaritas, Honduran and American beers and wine. We have live music several nights a week. We also offer free Wi-Fi for all of our guests. Our signature menu items include our famous coconut lobster, the biggest and best coconut shrimp and bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp stuffed with jalapeno and cheese. We also feature real Tex-Mex food including Chile Rellenos, Fajitas, enchiladas, nachos, guacamole, queso and Bob Armstring dips and free chips and salsa for every table. For the fish lovers our fishermen bring us us whatever they are catching. It might be Mahi Mahi, Blackfin Tuna, Wahoo or even spearfish taken lionfish. It varies by the season and even daily so ask your server what we have in. You can get our fish coconut style, as our tequila fish, perfectly grillled or in our fish tacos. Click on the "Website" link on the upper left side of this page to see and like our Facebook page for food and drink specials, our live music and event schedule, more pictures, special event announcements and general Roatan fun and information.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Monkey Island Beach Cafe is a Must when visiting the West end.The menu offers a large variety of delicious foods. There were 4 of us and everyone LOVED the Lion fish. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The prices were good, even on the drinks!!! The place is so inviting we ended up hanging around for hours and enjoying the view. I am a picky eater that eats Gluten free and there were plenty of options for me and they were very accommodating for my specific needs. We will be going back again!!!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I've gone to this location several times during the past month. The owners and staff are really nice and the food has been really good most of the time. I have to admit that a couple of Tuesdays ago myself and two other friends went and ate the chicken tacos on Taco Tuesday. All three of us developed angry bowel syndrome shortly after our meals. If it only happened to me I never would have mentioned this, but it happened to all three of us. Whoever cooks the chicken might want to be especially careful with cross contamination of raw/cooked chicken and other sanitary practices..Hopefully it was a one time deal, so I'll probably go back and try them again because they taste great.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I visited Monkey Island with my boyfriend on 2 separate occasions. ( it would have been more however their hours are inconsistent). This was the first place we ate/drank when we visited Roatan. On the 1st occasion, I had the stuffed Jalapenos with lionfish. My expectations were beyond met! It was delicious ( my boyfriend had the same thing, and he was blown away also). To wash the food down, I enjoyed my first Salva Vida beer!! On that visit the entire experience was awesome. On our second visit, this is where thing began to fall apart. We came in for drinks and an appetizer. They were having a 2 for 1 sale, and I opted for a Monkey La La,
( $7 USD) and my boyfriend opted for a banana daiquiri . We also enjoyed stuffed poppers with cheese and chicken. Our drinks were awesome, along with our food. My complaint was with our waitress, and her attentiveness. The bar was semi busy with locals, and also tourists, but you could see her linger and converse with her friends, rather than assist the patrons. I had to ask her twice for our bill, and then finally approach her by tapping her on her shoulder so we could pay and leave. I enjoyed the food here, it was excellent. SOME of the waitresses need some training on assisting patrons. My other complaint is the inconsistency of their hours. their Facebook page provides their hours online, however this is NOT what they follow. If you plan on eating there, make sure you drop by DURING THE DAY to see if they will be open.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stopped for drinks and snacks in the afternoon. Friendly service, 2-for-1 cocktails. Recommend the queso especial.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

How long does it take to cook up 6 chicken wings when there is no one else in the restaurant? One hour! I almost got up and walked out, and to the waiter's credit he did offer me a free beer. Maybe the cook was taking a siesta! The wings ended up being decent, but at about 10 minutes of waiting per wing, this place just didn't cut it.