“Friendly service”
Review of Monkey Island Beach Cafe - CLOSED

Monkey Island Beach Cafe
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, South American, Central American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Monkey Island Beach Cafe offers real Tex-Mex and Seafood in an amazing beachside and seaview location in the heart of the West End. We have a full bar featuring Roatan's signature drink, the Monkey LaLa, Margaritas, Honduran and American beers and wine. We have live music several nights a week. We also offer free Wi-Fi for all of our guests. Our signature menu items include our famous coconut lobster, the biggest and best coconut shrimp and bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp stuffed with jalapeno and cheese. We also feature real Tex-Mex food including Chile Rellenos, Fajitas, enchiladas, nachos, guacamole, queso and Bob Armstring dips and free chips and salsa for every table. For the fish lovers our fishermen bring us us whatever they are catching. It might be Mahi Mahi, Blackfin Tuna, Wahoo or even spearfish taken lionfish. It varies by the season and even daily so ask your server what we have in. You can get our fish coconut style, as our tequila fish, perfectly grillled or in our fish tacos. Click on the "Website" link on the upper left side of this page to see and like our Facebook page for food and drink specials, our live music and event schedule, more pictures, special event announcements and general Roatan fun and information.
Ohio
“Friendly service”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went here twice. The first time was breakfast and we really liked the food, scrambled eggs and fruit,free delicious coffee! Second time was dinner and 2 of us liked the meal, 2 didn't. Service both times was excellent, very friendly and prompt! Free internet also was nice. the only problem was the cheese...the cheese looked great and smelled awful. I don't know why this seems to happen on islands but I couldn't eat my meal and neither could my daughter...I guess we are a bit to sensitive to the smell! I'd eat there again, but just not order anything with cheese.

Visited July 2013

Branford, fl
“Great seafood, Fresh”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My mother and I traveled to Roatan for a week long snorkeling trip. The first place we ate after getting off the plane was at Monkey Island. We were so hungry and the food was great. We were thinking that maybe it was so good because we were that hungry. We went back a couple of more times and it was great each time. The fish was fresh and the staff was very attentive. It is very relaxed, music on Friday night, view out to the ocean / beach and a great time!! It is one of our 'must do's' when we head back to Roatan.

• Visited March 2013
De Pere, Wisconsin
“REALLY good nachos”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Their nachos were very good, I was surprised. :-P Their drinks are huge too, and very flavorful. They also have wifi for travelers looking for it.

Visited July 2013
“Perfect beach restaurant/bar!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We came here and had lunch and drinks before hitting the beach. Wait staff and manager were so so nice and the food was amazing! We will come back here again next time without a doubt.

• Visited July 2013
Grapevine, Texas, United States
“Best Place on the isla Roatan”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The food is great and the atmosphere warm and island friendly. I am sitting here on their wifi watching the blue waves from the ocean splash on the white sands. Drinking the Mai Tai and my wife is having the Monkey LaLa. It is a chocolate frozen drink. The staff is great. Speedy service and great food. We had the Bob Armstrong queso and I had the chile rellleno with the island rice and potatoes. Great place to bring the kids as they have good food for the the kids to eat.

• Visited July 2013