“Disappointing Breakfast Meal”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I was very excited to order "The Hot Mess" for breakfast: pork, chorizo, cheese, fried egg, mayo on a baguette. However, it was all so dry ... and tasteless. Too bad. I did not return to try the Breakfast Sandwich.

Hmm, based on the previous reviews, maybe lunch and dinner are better.

My server was very nice and friendly. Nice atmosphere.

TheBuenaVida, Owner at The Buena Vida, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you Luke47 for taking the time to write a review of your experience at The BV. We certainly use the good as well as the bad reviews to continue to strive to delivering the best food and service we possibly can. My disappointment lies with the fact that you did not bring this to our attention at the time you were in our dining room. The Hot Mess has been one of our best sellers and has been a favorite of all those who order it. In fact, we have a number of regular customers that enjoy it 2 or 3 times a week. We apologize that you did not have the same experience as many others have had and we will watch the preparation very closely so hopefully this does not happen again. Lastly, in reading your other reviews of places in West End, I am sad to see that many of our co West End eateries also fell short of your expectations.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My friend and I were recently in Roatan for a five day dive vacation. The Buena Vida quickly became our favorite place to eat on the island! We came here every morning for breakfast before our first dive of the day. I always ordered the breakfast sandwich with a fried egg, cheese and chorizo. My friend is vegetarian and they were very accommodating and offered her avocado as an alternative to the chorizo. I also ordered an iced vanilla latte every day and it was always made perfectly. If you are like me and need to have your coffee in the morning before diving, this is a great place to come for a hearty or light breakfast and a coffee fix. We loved The Buena Vida so much that we also frequently stopped in for quick lunches between dives. Between the two of us, we tried many of the dishes on the menu, including the lionfish tacos, meatball sandwich, patty melt and the grilled PB&J, all of which were delicious! Our two absolute favorite lunches were the lionfish poboy and the apple rum BBQ chicken sandwich. The portion sizes for every meal are perfect and everything has that great "home-cooked" feel. In fact, I woke up this morning and was disappointed that I couldn't walk down the road to order my usual breakfast sandwich from The Buena Vida. Allan and the rest of the staff are very friendly and welcoming as well. I can't say enough good things about this place and would recommend it to anyone visiting or diving in West End.

Thank you Amy L for your great words about your experiences at The BV! It is reviews like yours that continues to fuel our fire for doing what we do. I am glad you and your friend were able to enjoy so many of our dishes. It is people like yourselves that make our island home so sunny and an enjoyable place to do business. Hopefully we will see you again on Roatan and here at The BV. Keep living the good life!!!

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I have been here every day this week and we haven't found anything bad about it! The food is delicious and the staff is very friendly and helpful. There is nothing bad about The Buena Vida.

Thank you Kim F for taking the time to write such kind words about your experiences at The BV! We only have two things to sell and that's Food and Service, we work very hard at trying to provide the best that we can. I am glad you had such great dinning experiences at The BV!! We look forward to serving you again soon. See you at the Buena Vida! Keep living the good life!!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Loved everything about this place. Joe and Wendy (the owners) are the best and make you feel welcomed into their home. The food is great - lots of different things you can't get anywhere else on the island. American style comfort food that you crave - and really good sushi too!! The Monday night music trivia was seriously my favorite thing to do. So much fun! Go there..it's rad!!

TheBuenaVida, Owner at The Buena Vida, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for your very kind words Mieka V!!! We work very hard at offering something a bit unique to West End and the island (for better or worse). We hope to continue to offer a warm and friendly atmosphere. Keep living the "Good Life" and we hope to see you again soon!!!

-Joe and Wendy

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We enjoyed the food here twice. Moco Loco was delicious, the corned beef hash was awesome, the service was outstanding and the kitty is entertaining! Great prices, atmosphere and location. Definitely recommend!!

Thank you welikecabobest for taking the time to write such kind words about your experience at the BV! We try our very best at starting with fresh ingredients and offering something a bit unique to the island. The Corned Beef Hash is one of best sellers hopefully due to that we bring in our corned beef from New York and slow roast it here in our ovens. Match it with fresh Honduran potatoes and local eggs and voila!, a dish hopefully not matched here. The Moco Loco is new to our offerings and has been a fun one. We often get "WHAT is a Moco Loco?" once we explain and people try it they have been pleasantly pleased. This is the stuff that makes our work so much fun... Hopefully we will see you again soon on the island and we hope you keep living "The Good Life"!!!

-Joe and Wendy