“nice food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed January 25, 2014

nice food and a good atmosphere. Unfortunately they were out of the Lionfish tacos, but hopefully next time.

TheBuenaVida, Owner at The Buena Vida, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you48lw for your nice words for the BV. Our apologies for being out of lionfish while you were here. We work hard on providing the best food we possibly can and unfortunately the island can pose challenges at times in getting enough (sometimes if at all) products. As abundant as lionfish is in our waters, it sometimes has trouble finding its way to our plates. Weather has recently prevented our go to spear hunters in catching product and my deep water commercial fishery came back after 14 days with less than 10% their normal catch. We hope to serve you again soon at the BV!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We actually spent two nights at this restaurant. Very friendly owners, good drinks, nice tapas selection. It is all outdoors and although doesn't have a sea view makes up for it in atmosphere.

potatofish, thank you for your patronage as well as taking the time out to shoot us a very nice review. We hope to see you again on the island and always remember to keep living the "Good Life"!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The Music Trivia biggest losers from Sask.had a fantastic time at the Buena Vida. ( it's so cold in Sask that the radio stations are froze up ) lol. The service was exceptional, the presentation of the food was in itself a delightful experience not to mention that the taste was mouth watering and absolutely delicious. We'll done! We had a great time chatting it up with Joe and Wendy, they were so friendly it was like we've known each other for years. Allan, our server was witty, entertaining and had a permanent smile on his face and he did a super job as well. Put this restaurant on the top of your list when you visit Roatan. ( Music trivia night is a hoot, get your songs on and prepare to have a great time!

Nanci, thank you for taking the time to write such a great TA review! You guys are a pleasure to serve and we are glad you are enjoying your time here on the island. We work hard at offering something a bit different and hope the quality shows. Music Trivia has turned out to always be a blast for everyone (winners and non winners alike). We hope for more good times (and stories) for you guys during the rest of your stay and thank you again for your patronage!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

In addition to eating breakfast here at least twice, we spent a rainy afternoon reading and using the wi-fi. Very welcoming with personal attention and good food!

TheBuenaVida, Owner at The Buena Vida, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

FFirefighter, thank you for the kind review. We enjoy being a go to place, rain or shine. Hopefully we will see you soon on the island enjoying more of the "good life".

-Joe & Wendy

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I don't know how I've overlooked writing this review...but The Buena Vida is my favorite place in West End and I always recommend it to tourists who ask (and I work at a dive shop, so I have people asking me all...day...long). I've been living on Roatan for two years now and actually used to live right behind The Buena Vida which was hard on my liver and wallet but I've never had more fun :)

The owners Joe and Wendy clearly have put their heart and soul into this restaurant and you can find both of them in here daily, checking on guests and staff ensuring everyone is living 'the good life'! One thing that sets them apart is they insist on their servers (locals and gringos alike) on delivering top notch service to guests....this is an area severely lacking in Roatan restaurants, so kudos to Joe and Wendy for that. Allan and Angela know what to bring me before I even open my mouth, and never get mad when I make fifty substitutions on my orders. They are fantastic.

The Hot Mess sandwich (or my changed-up version, the Hungover Mess) has saved my life many-a-Saturday-morning along with delicious cold tea. I have eaten at this restaurant more times than I really care to count and only once did I ever have something I didn't enjoy - straight away Joe and Wendy got an order of what I was eating, tried it out, figured out what the problem was and did not charge me for it. THAT is good customer service.

It's a great place to come with friends or to make new ones. There is usually something going on here and if not, they have a big tv you can watch sports on while you eat and drink :) Don't forget to pet Bubbles the one-eyed cat!

For breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or drinks, The Buena Vida is a seriously solid choice and I recommend it to everyone who asks.

WOW! Cellodora, THANK YOU for such kind words! At times, even on this beautiful island, running a restaurant can sometimes seem like just a job. With as much as we love what we do, it is words like yours that makes our day/week/month/year. You have touched on so many points we cant thank you enough. You are a pleasure to serve and you have been a great friend! Thanks again for taking the time out of your busy day to write such a great review.